The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
+ Reply to Thread
    RealityOne's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite Member
    :: Agent R1
    :: Gauntlet winner

Farewell and Thank You

As the forums close, I want to say farewell and thank you to all the friends that have helped me progress in my magic over the last 7 years that I've been part of these forums. At the risk of omitting some folks, a heartfelt thank you to Arvind - the first person to welcome me to the forums and my good friend; Ev (Goudinov) - who taught me the power of a story; Eddie (Sonicstabber) - who started my interest in books and research; to Shawn and Brandon (Mallow) who shared my love of classic magic; Ty who brought mystery and legend to magic; Christopher who taken mentalism to a new level; and Alex (Steerpike) whose thinking has develop how I view magic and mentalism. I hope that along the way I've been able to help other in they way that these friends have helped me.

Farewell.
    ~ David
    Perception of reality is a selection of reality which results in a distortion of reality.

EDIT: I found the announcement: http://forums.ellusionist.com/announcement.php?f=20

I don't know what's happening. I have been missing in action for a few years. I logged on for the first time in a while and I see two threads about the forums closing. I feel like crying.
    -
    If this happens to be a money issue, someone message me. There is a possibility I may be able to help. I really want this place to be around forever. :\
    -
    I am sorry if I missed an email, or post, or something.
    Last edited by DISLEX; 09-30-2016 at 10:31 PM.
    DISLEX
    -Looking to chat with TX Magicians
    -Looking to practice with Odessa, TX Magicians
    --PM Me.

ChristopherThisse's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite

Nothing stopping us from having another get-together, David. I enjoyed it last time.

This isn't really a money issue, Dislex. I don't know how much I can talk about publicly, but what it comes down to is that the forums aren't active enough to warrant the necessary upgrades to continue hosting them. We've been trying for years to figure out how to get them more active and nothing has worked.
    http://www.ellusionist.com/boffo-pdf-by-christopher-thisse.html

The HP Lovecraft of Bizarre Magic

arvindj227's Avatar :: Lead Moderator
    :: Ellusionist
    :: Carmen Sandiego's soulmate

Delft, The Netherlands / Hasselt, Belgium
    Thank you, Dave. You've helped me grow, think and progress as a performer in sooo many ways. It's been great meeting a lot of you in real life as well and that's always been a lot of fun. We should definitely plan another get-together!
    An artist makes the difficult look easy and a showman makes the easy look spectacular.

Ellusionist Lead Moderator
    http://arvindjshankar.com

RealityOne's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite Member
    :: Agent R1

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherThisse View Post
    Nothing stopping us from having another get-together, David. I enjoyed it last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by arvindj227 View Post
    We should definitely plan another get-together!
    Definitely. Next time it is at my house. Unless of course I win the lottery, then it will be on my private island in the Caribbean.
    ~ David
    Perception of reality is a selection of reality which results in a distortion of reality.

Wow crazy. Like many others my early days of learning magic were heavily fueled by ellusionist, Brad, and these forums. I've achieved some dreams and goals that wouldn't be possible if not for this website.

Came today to ask a question because I knew I'd find the answer here. Always been a good resource for the magic community.

Best of luck all

James Mattox
    www.iPhoneMagicApps.com

Ty Lee's Avatar :: Elite
    :: Magic Dad
    :: Michigan's Urban Legend

Aww Dave, now yer getting me all teary eyed. Hit me up on FB, we gotta skype or something soon.
    Watch me prestadigigoo, prostigoogigate, pull a rabbit out this hat!

Ty