The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
+ Reply to Thread

Predicting star sign

This seemed like the best place for this thread. Has anyone ever tired guessing sings? I like to, from time and time. Obviously the odds of 1/12 aren't in your favor.

Has anyone had more success with this?

I have tired using this with cog but not surprisingly cog is more accurate in telling the cards. Still i persist. Peter turner is a huge influence. Be bold thats what he always says.

So do guess accurately more than 60-70 percent of the time their star sign? I believe with experience one can gain accuracy. I don't like to guess star signs. I think its better to tell them about their childhood but this is something that has always fascinated me.

ChristopherThisse's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite
    :: Gauntlet winner

I don't really ever do star sign guessing, but I don't see why Cog wouldn't work. You just have to figure out how to break it down to figure it out with Cog's modus operandi.

In 120% Chestosterone there's a good star sign divination. A friend of mine used to do that one often.
    http://www.ellusionist.com/boffo-pdf-by-christopher-thisse.html

The HP Lovecraft of Bizarre Magic

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherThisse View Post
    In 120% Chestosterone there's a good star sign divination. A friend of mine used to do that one often.
    I prefer peter's effect from fullform mentalism. That being said one can alwys guess and be somewhere around the mark. I guess its something that will come with practise.

Banachek's Psychophysiological Thought Reading may have something you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMark View Post
    Banachek's Psychophysiological Thought Reading may have something you're looking for.
    Hahahaha this is weird! I was thinking the same thing when I watched derren's svengali a few nights back. He did something similar in the show which i believe can be used to get to a star sign!

I will need to practise,practise, practise. That being said i met two actors a few days back. I asked one of them if she was Aries(she was not), just as she said no i said your leo and she smiled and nodded her head.

This other guy i was with i asked him if he was virgo, he said no i though he was either Scorpio or Sagittarius. It turns out he was also leo so i covered it up by saying when i said virgo i meant august.

Has anyone used Ice cold mentalism ? I have heard mixed things about it

Bob Cassidy apparently had good things to say about it. Honestly Hilal I don't invest in many products when it comes to "new" or "contemporary" cold reading techniques because it's usually things you could have discovered for yourself by simply putting the work in. There's a reason you still see Palm Readers/Tarot readers in business (at least where I live -- they even have those fancy neon signs). You're better off just learning your oracle of choice. I chose palm reading because everyone has unique hands -- which, for me, makes it easier to find the "flow" of the reading. Now, if you're just beginning to learn about giving readings, you'll probably want to snatch up the most expensive/most promising-looking product out there that makes borderline-outrageous claims/suggestions. Resist that urge. Save your money. Learn all you can about "real" magic so that you can speak the language.

Check out the works of Richard Webster. I strongly recommend The Dance by Henderson -- he and Webster will instill the confidence you'll need to get started. Go to your local library and check out books on your oracle. Once you've learned your oracle/read up on the lingo, start by inserting into casual conversation "I'm learning how to read Palms" just a simple sentence to someone you're already talking to will open up opportunities to hone your reading skills.

On a related note, I'd also recommend reading up on some basic psychology. I recently invested in a book called motivational interviewing - this book is great to say the least. You can probably find it on amazon for a decent price, if you happen to pick it up you will understand why I think it will not only help with the delivery of readings, but also the language you use/understanding your client and their needs/wants -- "you're supposed to be 'psychic' -- why are you asking me questions?"

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMark View Post
    Bob Cassidy apparently had good things to say about it. Honestly Hilal I don't invest in many products when it comes to "new" or "contemporary" cold reading techniques because it's usually things you could have discovered for yourself by simply putting the work in. There's a reason you still see Palm Readers/Tarot readers in business (at least where I live -- they even have those fancy neon signs). You're better off just learning your oracle of choice. I chose palm reading because everyone has unique hands -- which, for me, makes it easier to find the "flow" of the reading. Now, if you're just beginning to learn about giving readings, you'll probably want to snatch up the most expensive/most promising-looking product out there that makes borderline-outrageous claims/suggestions. Resist that urge. Save your money. Learn all you can about "real" magic so that you can speak the language.

Check out the works of Richard Webster. I strongly recommend The Dance by Henderson -- he and Webster will instill the confidence you'll need to get started. Go to your local library and check out books on your oracle. Once you've learned your oracle/read up on the lingo, start by inserting into casual conversation "I'm learning how to read Palms" just a simple sentence to someone you're already talking to will open up opportunities to hone your reading skills.

On a related note, I'd also recommend reading up on some basic psychology. I recently invested in a book called motivational interviewing - this book is great to say the least. You can probably find it on amazon for a decent price, if you happen to pick it up you will understand why I think it will not only help with the delivery of readings, but also the language you use/understanding your client and their needs/wants -- "you're supposed to be 'psychic' -- why are you asking me questions?"

Thats a wonderful reply. I will definitely be checking out that book. I have heard about The Dance, i will be reading that soon. These days i'm busy writing a lie to me/ da vinci code + sherlock esque web series so i am starting to notice things i didn't before. Its sort of scary when i am right. 2/3 times I am right. Okay enough about me do check out The art of Profiling by Dan Korem and Personality by Daniel Nettle. It has those little gems that can easily be used in a reading. Thanks once again, i will be investing that money now in Peter's S.T.E.M system.