The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.

Thread: Dunninger

+ Reply to Thread

Dunninger

Just out of curiosity, The Secret in Practical Mental Effects requires a hard to find chemical. Although I've handled this chemical before, there are few websites that sell it to purchasers without a liscense. I especially like this handling as I think it is a performing style I could get behind and leaves a lot of room for atmosphere and drama. Have any of you out there found an alternative route of presentation and materials used?

Any helpful info is appreciated!

-Mark

Shawn Mullins's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Social kinda guy
    :: J. Kredible Dance Commander

Contact Bob Cassidy, I'm sure he has your answer :-)
    Pancakes10385
    http://twitter.com/sleightofshawn
    http://www.mullinsmagic.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mullins View Post
    Contact Bob Cassidy, I'm sure he has your answer :-)

Hey Shawn, thanks for your response! I have read a few of Bob's materials. How would I go about contacting him?

Raymond Singson's Avatar :: Lead Forum Manager
    Bob Cassidy is a regular member at the Magic Cafe. You can also find him on social media; his public Facebook page is located at https://www.facebook.com/mastermindreader

To answer your question, I actually believe the required chemical is readily available from a lot of art suppliers. Last I checked, you can get it pretty cheaply at the Clay Art Center at http://clayartcenter.net; just be careful storing the leftovers.

Hope this helps.

RS.

The Cafe is difficult to get into. I even went so far as to email the owner a few months back. Never got a response.
    I messaged Bob a few days ago. Still haven't heard back yet (he's probably busy). @ Raymond, I'm about 80% sure the chemicals that are available there just dissolve in water much like table salt. I was looking for an alternative to the effect or potassium as it's expensive and can be stored for a limited amount of time.
    Thanks for trying to help guys. I really appreciate it.

Raymond Singson's Avatar :: Lead Forum Manager
    If you're looking for potassium in its combustible form, the Clay Art Center was definitely the place to acquire it. At least two years ago, I ordered an ample supply in attempt to recreate an effect in which a person's initials spontaneously combusted on to the page of a book. I unfortunately had to get rid of the leftovers when I moved out of state, but there are several reviews and even YouTube videos detailing how to use the potassium from the Clay Art Center, specifically.

RS.

Would the chemicals you used for that effect react with the water? I'll take another look and see if I can find some videos. On the website they offer Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Carbonate, and Potassium Dichromate. I know the Potassium Nitrate is what's used in Fireworks, but I'm not sure if it reacts with water or just dissolves.