The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
+ Reply to Thread

my attempt at the invisible pass

http://youtu.be/q0Bz3aFLcd8
    Me performing the invisible pass. I have been a student of the pass for some time ever since Brad talked about it on an Ellusionist DVD I bought
    Feedback is welcome :)

ChristopherThisse's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite
    :: Gauntlet winner

I'm a bit confused by what's going on. Either you're doing a really good pass and then pretending to do something else afterwards, or your pass needs a lot of work. Also - I personally don't think it's a good idea to announce what you're doing in a performance but that's up to the individual performer.

Something I have noticed a lot of people do after learning what Brad called The Invisible Pass - this big up and down motion like they're trying to snap a towel or something. That's not what that motion is meant to be - It's mimicking the act of squaring up the deck. So the idea is you bring the front edge up, square the edges, and as you come down you do the pass which makes the top packet provide cover for the bottom packet, and then you square again.

So this video -
    Your hands should not be covering the deck that much, for that long. The pass should be done the instant the hands come together and ideally the deck will never be fully covered. I suggest reviewing Erdnase.

Now - that being said, if what you're actually doing is the a pass and then saying you're going to do the pass - then you're doing pretty well and keep up the good work!
    http://www.ellusionist.com/boffo-pdf-by-christopher-thisse.html

The HP Lovecraft of Bizarre Magic

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherThisse View Post
    I'm a bit confused by what's going on. Either you're doing a really good pass and then pretending to do something else afterwards, or your pass needs a lot of work. Also - I personally don't think it's a good idea to announce what you're doing in a performance but that's up to the individual performer.

Something I have noticed a lot of people do after learning what Brad called The Invisible Pass - this big up and down motion like they're trying to snap a towel or something. That's not what that motion is meant to be - It's mimicking the act of squaring up the deck. So the idea is you bring the front edge up, square the edges, and as you come down you do the pass which makes the top packet provide cover for the bottom packet, and then you square again.

So this video -
    Your hands should not be covering the deck that much, for that long. The pass should be done the instant the hands come together and ideally the deck will never be fully covered. I suggest reviewing Erdnase.

Now - that being said, if what you're actually doing is the a pass and then saying you're going to do the pass - then you're doing pretty well and keep up the good work!
    Thanks. This is more of a spoof dedicated to all these jerky pass videos I see on YouTube. If you watch closely you will see I perform 2 passes before the funny jerky motion.