The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.

Thread: OM Billet Box

+ Reply to Thread

OM Billet Box

So, I've got PME here. I have the instructions to make this wonderful OM box. But I can't find an actual box that's appropriate for it - as in, I can't find a box with long enough sides. I've been looking for what seems like forever and I just can't find anything.

I'd like to construct my own, and the type of candy box that was suggested in the book hardly seems large enough, according to what I've found (although candy research made me a very happy and well-fed magic girl). Does anyone have any resources for proper boxes and where to find them? I've shopped boxes for so long they don't look like actual objects anymore.

Craig Browning's Avatar :: Elite Member
    :: Psychic Old Bear

Kleenex boxes. . . you can find "covers" that slip over the cardboard box that can be readily modified according to the OM box design or, if you want to work old school mentalism, simply cover a standard cardboard Kleenex box and let it look exactly for what it is -- a cheap cardboard box with contact paper covering it; this "illusion of innocence" and casual handling will go far when it comes to the act.

There are several different sources for OM type boxes on the market including the OM Box itself via Stevens Magic made by Bill Montana that are quite pretty bits of art. There is the Chameleon Box of Larry Becker's which I personally believe to be superior in operation but it will sit you back a couple of C-notes.
    Help Me Get to Doomsday 2015 -- www.gofundme.com/doomsday2015 --

Think outside the box! I just recently purchased the open billet box by Steve Pellegrino at the Lybrary. It's a great idea. The fact that it's open doesn't really give spectators reason to suspect anything. I really like mine. You may want to check it out. Rather inexpensive to make as well.