The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.

Thread: NYE Hypnosis!!

+ Reply to Thread

NYE Hypnosis!!

Hi guys,

I've uploaded a couple of videos now of me doing some close up card work, just to mix it up, I thought I'd upload a video of me on New Year's Eve. I was asked to perform a quick impromptu instant hypnosis demonstration, so had to think on my feet. the video is a little long and take about 40 second to get into it, but just thought I'd show you the reactions and get your thoughts.

It was spontaneous so it's a little all over the place, but it worked great. I had already took her aside and did what I needed before hand to make sure she was ready. That is not shown for safety purposes.

Enjoy!!

Antony

http://youtu.be/s_dlrLpLJKw
    MagicAnt
    www.antonymagic.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/antonymagic
    Magic@antonymagic.co.uk

ChristopherThisse's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite
    :: Gauntlet winner

It is interesting to me that you can't show an hypnotic induction on video in England.

I thought you did pretty well. It's clear that you're thinking of what to do next between each phenomena, and also I'd guess you've learned from Anthony Jacquin - which is an excellent source to begin with. It also seems like this isn't something you have necessarily done a lot?

I don't have much in the way of suggestions; only two, really. One - When re-inducing her you let her flop forward pretty dramatically. It looks great, very theatrical, but it's not good for the back. Particularly since she seems to be somewhat older. "Sleep and stand" is a phrase I'd suggest training to say automatically.

Two - Explore the phenomena more. I know it's difficult when you're making it up as you go, but it's on thing when you make something happen and it's a totally different thing when they repeatedly reinforce that it is happening. Particularly with name amnesia. That's a really powerful thing. Even just changing the way you re-induce can be dramatic.

But other than those admittedly fairly minor notes, you did really well. You're confident seeming (even when I can tell you're trying to think of what to do), you have control over the situation, all around good stuff.
    http://www.ellusionist.com/boffo-pdf-by-christopher-thisse.html

The HP Lovecraft of Bizarre Magic