The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
+ Reply to Thread

App for card reveal

Hi all,

Haven't been in here for a while, so please accept my apologies if this post is not in the appropriate forum.

I'm looking for an Android app that would allow me to take a selfie with my audience, with the resulting photo revealing a thought-of card in the corner somewhere.

The routine (intended for table close-up) would be as follows:

At the very beginning of the set I have a spec select a card. Nobody gets to see the card. It is planted face down on the table, in plain sight. The card is ignored for the rest of the routine while I go through a number of other tricks. It is intended that by the end of the routine, my audience have all but forgotten about the card.

Upon finishing the final trick, I thank my audience and ask to take a selfie with them because they're such an amazing group of people. I snap the selfie, and upon viewing the photo, it shows the number and suit of a card in the corner. At this point I direct the audience's attention to the face-down card that had been picked at the beginning of the effect. The selected card is the same as the one in the selfie reveal.

Patter is still a works in progress, but the idea is there. Of course, I could use a number of other reveals, but with the popularity of the "selfie" nowadays, I think it would play very nicely with the audience. If they refuse the selfie, I'll have a plan B.

So, do you know of an app that does this? I'd really appreciate your help. Also, if you have any feedback in the routine, I'm always happy to hear it.

Take care,

Cedric
    Jack of all Spades and other trades

Shawn Mullins's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Social kinda guy
    :: J. Kredible Dance Commander

I don't know any that will do that exactly but Justin Miller had a routine called Smile which could be used. Just a regular camera is used.

Also Lee Smith has a GREAT app (not sure if it's for Android) called One Blank Card. Again works with photo's and you can send the photo to the person.
    Pancakes10385
    http://twitter.com/sleightofshawn
    http://www.mullinsmagic.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mullins View Post
    Also Lee Smith has a GREAT app (not sure if it's for Android) called One Blank Card. Again works with photo's and you can send the photo to the person.
    Hey Shawn,

Thanks for the pointers. I've checked out One Blank Card and it's perfectly delightful. I confirm that it is available on Android. Although the idea of the routine is slightly different from what I had planned originally, I can still adapt it. Obviously, I wouldn't be in the photo. Still, the effect is awesome.

Glad to see that the community here is still as helpful as ever.

Take care,

Cedric
    Jack of all Spades and other trades