The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.

Thread: My showreel

+ Reply to Thread

My showreel

Hey guys,

Not been on here for years, been mega busy so really wanted to come back where in started for me and show you guys stuff I've been working on. This is my new showreel on my site, would appreciate any feed back. Hope everyone's well on here. Merry Christmas make it magical!!!

http://youtu.be/CJrWLxJ-vuw

Antony
    MagicAnt
    www.antonymagic.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/antonymagic
    Magic@antonymagic.co.uk

Raymond Singson's Avatar :: Lead Forum Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Ant View Post
    Hey guys,

Not been on here for years, been mega busy so really wanted to come back where in started for me and show you guys stuff I've been working on. This is my new showreel on my site, would appreciate any feed back. Hope everyone's well on here. Merry Christmas make it magical!!!

http://youtu.be/CJrWLxJ-vuw

Antony
    Antony,

You look sharp, man. The camera loves you. And you obviously have some great skills to show off for screen time. If there's anything I'd recommend doing, I say find a different soundtrack to complement your work. Right now, it's you doing magic to Elvis instead of having music accent your performance. Look for some contemporary instrumentals that you can have playing in the background. Bring up the audio on the audience reactions; make the responses the center of attention whenever you feature them on camera. That's what clients want to see-- they want to see that you're capable to cultivating a fun, memorable experience. Use simpler transitions and titles if you need to use them at all. Fancy editing does not always equate to quality marketing. I'd love to see at least one or two short bits where the gist of entire performance can be seen... for instance, the moment in Wayne Houchin's French Kiss, where the cards transpose -- or a visual restoration of a playing card -- or a metal bending demonstration. For a demo reel, there wasn't much magic demo'ed at all. The fancy cuts and card spinning-- although impressive-- aren't really magical.

I think it's a solid start for you, man. Welcome back to the forums. Hope to see you around more.

RS.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Singson View Post
    Antony,

You look sharp, man. The camera loves you. And you obviously have some great skills to show off for screen time. If there's anything I'd recommend doing, I say find a different soundtrack to complement your work. Right now, it's you doing magic to Elvis instead of having music accent your performance. Look for some contemporary instrumentals that you can have playing in the background. Bring up the audio on the audience reactions; make the responses the center of attention whenever you feature them on camera. That's what clients want to see-- they want to see that you're capable to cultivating a fun, memorable experience. Use simpler transitions and titles if you need to use them at all. Fancy editing does not always equate to quality marketing. I'd love to see at least one or two short bits where the gist of entire performance can be seen... for instance, the moment in Wayne Houchin's French Kiss, where the cards transpose -- or a visual restoration of a playing card -- or a metal bending demonstration. For a demo reel, there wasn't much magic demo'ed at all. The fancy cuts and card spinning-- although impressive-- aren't really magical.

I think it's a solid start for you, man. Welcome back to the forums. Hope to see you around more.

RS.

Hi rs,

Thanks for your time to take alook and give feedback. I totally get what your saying, I'm trying to sort out a few full length effects in which people can watch from start to finish, I want to keep it with the corporate side of things as that's what I do a lot of, keep the fancy effects out, make sure it's unedited, and basically awesome lol. Thank you for your compliments, I, aswell as others hate watching myself back on camera, so always good to know when it looks good haha. Will defo be sticking around to help anyone in need of it, aswell as getting some videos up that still hopefully show what I'm about and give people an extra hand with performance.

All the best for 2015 to you and the ellusionist team!!

Antony
    MagicAnt
    www.antonymagic.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/antonymagic
    Magic@antonymagic.co.uk