The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
+ Reply to Thread

Art is life's reflection and I am the mirror

This is a compilation of 4 saturdays where I shot some street magic.. these are the best reactions. I am using the redesigned S&S playing cards. The first clip you see of me performing I am doing my favorite street magic trick (more details coming soon) I can tell you that aside from the flash paper it is 100% impromptu signed coin to inside playing card .. the rest are a handful of classic street magic effects to include the Balducci levitation.. I am telling you.. if you don't do this you are crazy.. if you time it right... you will blow people away.. and I have big feet, so no excuses. Also there is a clip of me telling a guy to blow smoke on the card.. the clip doesn't show it but in the unedited clip, a spectator was like "He used your vape as a prop.. that is just insane!" Use what is around you to your advantage.. remember.. what seems dumb to you might seem amazing to them.. you might think some things at theme parks are cheesy, but they still get crowded every single year.. ( I used to live near Orlando, I know) .. Don't be afraid to take risks.. they don't know what's coming.. so have fun with it.

Raymond Singson's Avatar :: Lead Forum Manager
    Hey Jared,

Welcome to the forums; stylish video and some really solid advice.

It's always great to see people perform classic material. The Balducci Levitation is one of the most overlooked effects in magic because of the amount of public exposure it's received over the years, but I think your video really illustrates how proper build-up and presentation can enhance what the audience actually sees. If it's played right, it's an impromptu miracle.

Looking forward to seeing more from you; this was an awesome intro to what you do.

RS.