The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
+ Reply to Thread

Making Your Own Invisible Deck

Hello Guys,
    I just wanted to know if anyone has had experience making their own Invisible Deck. I had made 3 attempts so far. First one was an epic fail, although it know makes a pretty cool paperweight. Second one was awesome. I love it. Its perfect and doesn't flash unless I want it to. Third one came out perfect as well. Please tell me your experiences, thoughts, ideas and opinions. Oh and don't worry. As soon as I get some extra cash I am buying the Arcane Invisible Deck.
    Last edited by ARTisWAR; 10-25-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter @FIRSTTIMEMAGIK

RealityOne's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite Member
    :: Agent R1
    :: Gauntlet winner

I've never made a standard invisible deck, but have made a Khardova Deck and a Jumbo McCombical Deck. The key to success is patience - it takes several "treatments" to get it right. If you are interested, try taping or covering the top and bottom quarters of the cards and then applying the "treatment" only to the middle. It takes less "stuff" and is less detectable.

Try this for fun... arrange the invisible deck like a regular deck of cards. Have a spectator pick a card from a spread. Turn the spread face up and have them put their face down card in the spread. Square the deck, turn it over and spread the face down cards. Their card has disappeared from the deck. Have them name their card and then reveal it using a regular invisible deck. Or peek / force the card and you can reveal it in the second deck without having them name it. Also, you can force the card and have it reappear anywhere you want.
    ~ David
    Perception of reality is a selection of reality which results in a distortion of reality.

Shawn Mullins's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Social kinda guy
    :: J. Kredible Dance Commander

There are also some interesting options if you use a double decker from Phoenix. Because of the super thin construction I'm sure you can make something really interesting. I've had an idea myself but haven't tried it yet :-)
    Pancakes10385
    http://twitter.com/sleightofshawn
    http://www.mullinsmagic.webs.com