The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst ... 1 2
+ Reply to Thread
    One of my favorites has always been Ambitious Card, it's a classic for a good reason. It can be as simple or as complex as you want, but it will always be amazing, especially if you get creative with it.

I also love transpositions, another of my favorites is Hand Sandwich, which was made famous by D Blaine, although I'm not sure if it was created by him. And as mentioned above, Angle Z by DM is an incredible effect. I also like Lapse, also by DM in his book Anthology, especially because it's impromptu.

This is unrelated, but the Out of This World plot was mentioned above and I was doing some research on it and found a wikipedia page dedicated to it. That's great and all, but what isn't great is that there's an entire section devoted to the method... This is incredibly disrespectful to the art form as a whole, but especially to the creators whose well-being may very well depend on the money they receive for these effects. I don't know if Wikipedia has revealed other tricks, but I feel like the magic community should stand up to do something about this. Perhaps start a petition, or something of the like.

Here's the link to the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of...d_(card_trick)
    ~AG

The Casanova concept is very powerful, because a signed card visibly jumps to an impossible location.

Reaction wise, stigmata, anything using the Biddle move, any card transposition, triumph, the ACR - all solid pieces guaranteed to hit hard.
    Make sure the steps you tread are left as footprin