The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
+ Reply to Thread
    Raymond Singson's Avatar :: Lead Forum Manager

Angle Z Restored (Variation)

This was an idea I played with for a couple months during the initial hype of Daniel Madison's release of Angle Z. I personally always felt that one of the most sought after conclusion to the effect was restoring the torn corner to the card. Years before Angle Z was released, one of my favorite effects was Michael Ammar's Backward in Time which featured the notorious Albo Card. I loved the card, but I had no idea how I really wanted to incorporate it in my own work, so I shelved it for a long time. It just recently dawned on me that the two effects perfectly compliment one another.

This was just some practice footage I filmed with a friend in a coffee shop in South Carolina. I wanted to see how the effect looked both on video and from the spectator's perspective. I'm pretty pleased with the results. This is something I'd typically share with the guys at a local magic club meeting or session; I figured people would appreciate it here as well.

This actually makes me want to take the effect out on a road test and see how it actually plays.

RS.

Community Manager @ E
    Ray, this is a GREAT idea man!
    Have more magic questions? Keep up with me on Twitter too! [url]http://twitter.com/lukedancy[/url]

This is an amazing idea!!! And yeah, I did always feel that at the end of Angle Z the corner should be morphed back onto the card, but it being put on backwards is awesome!!

Rabidpuppies's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite

That's very cool Ray.

Another idea I've been thinking of (haven't tried it though) would be to tear the piece off the card, then rub it or push it through the spectators bottle of beer or soda. Would obviously be required to use Angle Z as a second or third effect in a set for that person, but I'm sure y'all can work out how it would be set up on the fly at the start by opening with an effect that required them to help you by using their hands....

Hmmm...yeah, I may have to practice that.

Rabid
    Ellusionist Systems Model: 101

Nice idea and it makes a nice souvenir for spectator. david blaine performs angle Z and he restored the corner visually in his TV special . Does anyone here know about that restoration ?

Quote Originally Posted by monurao111 View Post
    Nice idea and it makes a nice souvenir for spectator. david blaine performs angle Z and he restored the corner visually in his TV special . Does anyone here know about that restoration ?
    If I'm thinking of the same special, then I believe David Blaine was performing REGENERATION by Blake Vogt, not Angle Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidpuppies View Post
    If I'm thinking of the same special, then I believe David Blaine was performing REGENERATION by Blake Vogt, not Angle Z.
    david blaine performed angle Z in his TV special "real or magic" . He also performed regeneration with a dollar bill in same tv special.

Ah, okay...that must have been what I was remembering then. Haven't seen it in a while.

I searched a lot for that restoration but i didnt find it anywhere.

i just got how it is don extremely simple but still cool

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Singson View Post
    [video=youtube;m0gG6kQ6c6s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0gG6kQ6c6s[/vide

RS.
    u it just took 2 much time if u now wat I mean

ChristopherThisse's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Gauntlet winner

Quote Originally Posted by amazini View Post
    u it just took 2 much time if u now wat I mean
    Welcome to the forums. Please take a moment to read through our rules, particularly the parts about internet slang and how we do not allow it. Many users on our forums do not speak English as their native language so using this kind of short hand can be very confusing for them.

http://forums.ellusionist.com/showth...-June-24-2008)
    http://www.ellusionist.com/boffo-pdf-by-christopher-thisse.html

The HP Lovecraft of Bizarre Magic

I love this

thats a really great combination. I was looking for a good close up trick, I'm going to have to look for the albo card now. Thanks for sharing

That's a great combination of effects, Ray! Inspiring to see creativity like this, thanks for sharing.
    -Marcus

Angle Z in bottle

I've been messing around with Angle Z on the streets - and I've tried something that works with a mini bottle of water - about 3 inches tall.

Drink the water first.

Put the corner in the bottle.

When you do the tear, reach for the bottle, and pick it up with your hand covering where the card is.

Penetrate the plastic bottle with the corner.

Give the plastic bottle to the spectator. The beauty of the mini plastic bottles that I use is the spectator can actually compare the corner to the card while the corner is INSIDE the bottle. They get to take card, corner and bottle home with them. FInally, they can't dump the card out of the bottle - which could be a plus or a minus depending on your take. IF you don't like it, have a knife or scissors hand, and cut it open for them, after they've examined the bottle.

It plays pretty well.