+ Reply to Thread

Lennart Green - Masterfile / The Figurine

Hello community of Ellusionist.

I'm about to make my biggest online purchase in history because I'm making a new collection of magic DvD's, books, cards (and uncut cards) etc... etc.. [my total is coming up to $1000 almost so i need to know as much as possible on what I'm getting so i don't 'waste money' and get doubled products or books that explain the same thing in a different DvD for example]

I came across a forum discussing Lennart Green's "Masterfile" which i already had intension of buying which i heard (also mentioned in the forums of magic cafe) that included something called "The Figurine" which is sold separate to Masterfile, but Masterfile apparently includes it.

Does anyone know ANY specifics to this trick at all? (I'm talking about the figurine), the video demo/trailer i saw of "The Figurine" has just a GLIMPSE of a butterfly moving, incredible effect, just i don't understand if it's special effects for the video or if he really makes it move or if he made it 'magically' then made it move.

Does anyone know if the butterfly thing is included in either DvD set, and could explain what happens exactly? (obviously not spoiling the trick). Like if he just folds it with his hands then makes it move or if he actually crushes paper then poof a butterfly that moves??

The DvD contents claim there is a butterfly creation effect in it but i need to know if it is exactly like the 'performance' in the demo i'll defiantly get "the figurine" separate without problems (if it's also not included in masterfile). The contents of either DvD set is significantly unclear.

Thanks in advance

Link to trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_rhjmaPyV4

A
    nd if anyone knows a similar effect to what i'm looking for please say, I'm also already getting "Origami Effect - Andrew Mayne"
    Last edited by Havoque; 07-12-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    You've Blocked Me On Facebook... Now You're Going To Die.

Xntrix's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Elite Member
    :: Aussie Adonis

Hi Havoque,

What I can say is that I had dinner with Lennart last year and he performed the Figurine then. He basically takes a crumpled up napkin and picks at it with a toothpick, until he is left with a small, lifelike figurine that can be handed out for inspection. It's was a 'throw away' trick that Lennart occasionally performed for a laugh, rather than his Laser Dealing or Rosetta effects for which he's known. I haven't got the DVD myself, so I can't comment on the butterfly effect.

We do sell an effect created by Daniel Garcia called 'Life' where the magician takes a dollar bill and as he brings his fingers together it folds into a butterfly. The butterfly lightly flaps its wings in the magician's hand, before momentarily hovering in mid air and then alighting again in the magician's hand. This is taught on Danny's Guerilla Guide to Loops DVD.

Hope this helps,

Jake.
    I have no use for people who have learned the limits of the possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Xntrix View Post
    Hi Havoque,

What I can say is that I had dinner with Lennart last year and he performed the Figurine then. He basically takes a crumpled up napkin and picks at it with a toothpick, until he is left with a small, lifelike figurine that can be handed out for inspection. It's was a 'throw away' trick that Lennart occasionally performed for a laugh, rather than his Laser Dealing or Rosetta effects for which he's known. I haven't got the DVD myself, so I can't comment on the butterfly effect.

We do sell an effect created by Daniel Garcia called 'Life' where the magician takes a dollar bill and as he brings his fingers together it folds into a butterfly. The butterfly lightly flaps its wings in the magician's hand, before momentarily hovering in mid air and then alighting again in the magician's hand. This is taught on Danny's Guerilla Guide to Loops DVD.

Hope this helps,

Jake.
    Thanks a lot, it did help, i checked out the DvD but sadly Garcia's is out of stock. If i get to it i guess i'll get the download but i wanted the physical items in my room since I'm getting some magical floating bookcases and dvd holders haha. Guess if worse comes to worse ill have to see if it's on some other site, but it would have been 1 shipping order cost less =/
    You've Blocked Me On Facebook... Now You're Going To Die.