Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    Xntrix's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist ®
    :: Elite Member
    :: Aussie Adonis

Holely by Will Tsai : Q&A

Do you remember that scene from 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' where Eddie Valiant (played by the always grouchy Bob Hoskins) picks up an 'Acme Portable Hole' - you know, one of those cartoon holes that were conveniently moved around? Well Will Tsai remembers. Will Tsai remembered so much in fact, he's actually made that image, a reality.

Picture this; you take out a playing card, business card or other card-like object and punch a hole into it with your trusty hole punch. You have a spectator hold onto the card while you pinch the hole between your fingers and visibly move it, from one end of the card to the other ACROSS the signature. The spectator can now keep the card, moved hole and all. From the mind of Will Tsai, this is Holely.

How Will was able to create this effect is beyond our ken, we're still trying to get over the Jessica Rabbit scene ourselves, so we brought him along for that very reason; to answer your questions. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Will Tsai.

JS.
    I have no use for people who have learned the limits of the possible.

:: Mentor

What makes this different than other effects on the market using cards and a hole punch? Why shoukd someone who owns a previously successful method check this out?
    A esse ad posse valet, a posse ad esse non valet consequentia.

Nunc id vides, nunc ne vides.

Xntrix's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist ®
    :: Elite Member
    :: Aussie Adonis

Holely has just been released, What we thought was only possible in cartoons Will Tsai has made a reality. To take a "hole" and move the hole across a surface of an object.

Check out Holey by Will Tsai for yourself.

-Jake
    I have no use for people who have learned the limits of the possible.

Is the hole puncher included with the DVD?

Ok, I haven't gotten this yet, and watching the trailer, I thought, "There is NO way that you can possibly leave the card with them after. They would have to find something where the old hole used to be."

Then it hit me, and it is BRILLIANT. It would also seem to have more possibilities than just what is done in the demo, though it would seem powerful enough as is that you wouldn't want to do any more.

I'm going to be buying this first thing (with my next paycheck, a bit tight on the cash at the moment.)
    Last edited by arvindj227; 09-28-2011 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Internet Slang - LOL is not a word. Please read our rules.

I love everything Will has created and will be buying this first chance. I've known about this since PhotoShop was released and have been excited ever since.

Could be interesting to follow this up with the portable hole effect...

Is there a gimmick involve?

This trick seems really awesome..
    Will it be available for instant download anytime soon?

Also... If Will gets to read this, "That trick was awesome man! Rock on!"
    24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence?

Hi,

Is there a setup and a clean up? Can the spectator get to punch the hole before the magician moves it?

Cheers
    KY
    Last edited by ayumihamasaki_7; 09-28-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Mike Anderson's Avatar :: Elite Member
    :: Semper Cadabra

I don't get excited much anymore over new tricks, but this one has my curiosity peaked. The video shows the move so cleanly it has me skeptic on how easy it is to perform. Mainly because all the focus is in your hands. I haven't bought a new trick in some time but I may just find out the method and implement it ( If possible, depending on method ) in magic other than cards.

Only questions I have.

Can the spectator punch the hole themselves, and allow them to in any random spot?

Can they really keep the card without finding a method? ( I know the description says this, but other effects such as Fraud people may figure it out.)

Can the card be randomly selected or will it have to be a "Provided Choice"?
    Imagination, is more important than knowledge." - A.E.

Will this have a download only option available?

-JP-
    Creator of "Aw Snap"
    Please SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/user/IamJPHilario?feature=mhee

Will Tsai's Avatar :: Creator
    :: Holely
    :: Cash Out

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K. View Post
    What makes this different than other effects on the market using cards and a hole punch? Why shoukd someone who owns a previously successful method check this out?
    Hey bud it's Will here. Wish I could jump in earlier. i am currently working out of town.

To answer your questions, I believe Holely takes this very effect to a different level. Everything happens in spectator's hand from start to end, with her very own signed card, and you end clean. No switch, misdirection, clean up, or unnecessarily elements. Just pure impact.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by gdw View Post
    Ok, I haven't gotten this yet, and watching the trailer, I thought, "There is NO way that you can possibly leave the card with them after. They would have to find something where the old hole used to be."

Then it hit me, and it is BRILLIANT. It would also seem to have more possibilities than just what is done in the demo, though it would seem powerful enough as is that you wouldn't want to do any more.

I'm going to be buying this first thing (with my next paycheck, a bit tight on the cash at the moment.)

Thanks for liking it my friend. I came up with the effect years ago when working a lot of golf club events. This was my mini illusion to demonstrate how magician plays golf in strolling situation. The effect is very simple, direct, strong, and clean. Had lots of fun with it. I am sure you'll love it too!

Will

Quote Originally Posted by J.Slade View Post
    I love everything Will has created and will be buying this first chance. I've known about this since PhotoShop was released and have been excited ever since.
    Hey my friend, thanks for supporting my work. If you like PhotoShop, there will be some special edition from E very soon. Can't say much now, but it's something you'll LOVE for sure! Be sure to check it out.

Will