The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst ... 1 2 3
+ Reply to Thread

Summary

Ok, here's a short re-cap of our journey.

In the beginning of this thread we shared our plan to produce our own DVDs. Our goal was that they will be distributed by major players in the industry and our creations reach magicians throughout the world.

2 years later...

This is what we have done so far and how close we are achieving our vision we set for ourselves:

1. Find funding for equipment. DONE
    2. Create a company. DONE
    3. Film performance videos. DONE
    4. Film the explanation. DONE
    5. Create menus/logo/cover art. DONE
    6. Create a website. DONE
    7. Contact retailers (get "yes") ...
    8. Create trailers ...
    9. Manufacture DVDs ...
    10. Launch the DVDs ...

We titled the thread with a humour "The Success Story of Mengel Brothers", but now we will soon find out, will the name be actually justified...

Thank you everybody who have supported us... even if only in your mind...
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Good luck guys! Keep on doing what you are doing!
    Creator of "Aw Snap"
    Please SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/user/IamJPHilario?feature=mhee

Video Diary 2010-2012

So far we have only talked about what we are doing, but we haven't shown anything really... But as we promised we put together a video that sums up the first 2 years of our journey. So take a look if you haven't seen it on our website already...

This is what you will see:

2 years in 8 min
    Sneak peek of the DVDs and our effects
    Street performances
    Behind the scenes footage

Enjoy!

www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Contacting Retailers

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know we have started contacting retailers. Feels very exciting...

We hope we have some good news to share soon!

Take care!

Johannes & Joonas
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

DVD launch coming soon

In our last post we said we are starting to contact retailers. Now we can say we have at least one retailer who has shown interest in our products. We don't have a contract yet, but things are looking promising.

At the same time we have still kept giving last touch-ups to the DVD. Even though we finished filming quite a long time ago, we still find things we want to improve. Maybe we are overthinking, but we just want to make sure we give our best, before we release our creations. Even right now when the DVD is basically finished- I've rendered out the "final" version and the retailer was happy with it, I still decided to reshoot some things.

As we don't have the deal down on paper yet, we cannot be sure when will the launch happen, but if everything goes as we hope with the retailer, then I think we are able to FINALLY share our creations with you in January.

I already made the trailer as well, but I'll show it once it's 100% sure when the DVD will be launched.

Johannes
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

3 years of hard work...

...and here's the result. It could have been better, but this is what we have...

We are very happy that we have found one retailer, who is willing to help us to live our dream

LIVE TO INSPIRE!

Breakthrough DVD

Joonas & Johannes
    Last edited by Mengel Brothers; 04-13-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Quote Originally Posted by Mengel Brothers View Post
    ...and here's the result. It could have been better, but this is what we have...

We are very happy that we have found one retailer, who is willing to help us to live our dream

LIVE TO INSPIRE!

Attachment 3673

Joonas & Johannes
    Good job guys! Excited to see what you have in store for us!
    Creator of "Aw Snap"

Good news!

Good news, everybody! We now have TWO retailers who have decided to carry our product! So the DVD will be available soon! Once the date is set, we will let you know!

Thanks for everybody who has followed this thread and wished the best for us. We hope our DVD will be a good contribution back to the magic community :)

Johannes
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Summary II - DVDs are manufactured and we have the date...

1. Find funding for equipment. DONE
    2. Create a company. DONE
    3. Film performance videos. DONE
    4. Film the explanation. DONE
    5. Create menus/logo/cover art. DONE
    6. Create a website. DONE
    7. Contact retailers (get "yes") DONE
    8. Create trailers DONE
    9. Manufacture DVDs DONE
    10. Launch the DVDs ...

The launch date is July 8!
    Keep an eye on the thread and www.MengelBrothers.com for updates!
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Team Ellusionist: President
    Hey Guys, long time no chat! How are y'all?

The Mengel Brothers actually have a pretty killer effect coming out with us this month - soon. It's a wicked coin in soda can reminiscent of Wayne Houchin's smash hit..... very different method but practical and visual. We're proud that this is coming out through Ellusionist.

The Mengels have boundless energy and a ton of passion for this art. Welcome to the forums!

Brad.
    Brad.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to stop by and tell you guys that what you are doing is a great thing. You are a prime example of working hard towards your dreams. You two will be an inspiration for many in the future. I remember reading this thread when it first came out and thought, "I wonder what is going to become of them?" Well, now we are here and you are going to be releasing your first set of DVD's soon. Congratulations. You two have been a source of inspiration for me and I am sure many others. You both have a desire to put out the BEST you possibly can. That is a hard thing to find in a lot of people today. You will have many doubters along the way. But, I can assure you that I am not one of them. I am with you guys 100%. Thanks for the inspiration! God bless you as you continue on this unfolding journey.

-Groveking
    -Today Goals Are Set And Tomorrow Dreams Are Conquered.

Quote Originally Posted by BradChristian View Post
    Hey Guys, long time no chat! How are y'all?

The Mengel Brothers actually have a pretty killer effect coming out with us this month - soon. It's a wicked coin in soda can reminiscent of Wayne Houchin's smash hit..... very different method but practical and visual. We're proud that this is coming out through Ellusionist.

The Mengels have boundless energy and a ton of passion for this art. Welcome to the forums!

Brad.
    Thanks, Brad! As working together with Ellusionist was part of our vision from the start, then our story wouldn't be quite complete without you guys being part of it. We are very happy and proud that our journey has come to this place where our vision is actually a reality now! Thank you E and everybody in the forums who have kept an eye on our journey!

Johannes & Joonas
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Quote Originally Posted by Mengel Brothers View Post
    Thanks, Brad! As working together with Ellusionist was part of our vision from the start, then our story wouldn't be quite complete without you guys being part of it. We are very happy and proud that our journey has come to this place where our vision is actually a reality now! Thank you E and everybody in the forums who have kept an eye on our journey!

Johannes & Joonas
    Congrats guys! So nice to see your effect in the market! I knew you guys would do it and you did! Way to go guys!

-JP-
    Creator of "Aw Snap"

This is what we filmed this moring:

www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Breakthrough dvd is launched!

WE DID IT!!!

Now available on our website: www.MengelBrothers.com/breakthrough

And of course here at Ellusionist and also at Penguin Magic!

IT FEELS SOOOO EEEPIC!!!! :D

Here's the trailer:

www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -