The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst ... 1 2 3 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread

Mengel Brothers' Magic

The video speaks for itself. Now you know what to expect from us in the future. :) Enjoy the video.

Last edited by Mengel Brothers; 09-19-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

I loved this! It's pretty hilarious too! :)
    Creator of "Aw Snap"
    Please SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/user/IamJPHilario?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by blackvg View Post
    I loved this! It's pretty hilarious too! :)
    Cool to see that someone shares our sense of humor. :)
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Mengel Brothers' Equipment

Ok, here's finally the video showing the equipment we bought and we already have started filming material for the DVDs also. It has taken some time for us to learn how to use the camera, but I think we are handling it ok.

We have been quite busy filming on the streets and thinking everything through. We have some good performance videos we can use on the DVDs, but we definitely want to shoot more so that we could pick not only good videos for the DVDs, but the best.

If you have some comments and questions about how and what we are doing, then shoot, we will gladly share our experience... More updates coming soon...

Last edited by Mengel Brothers; 09-19-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

It has been a while since we last updated our progress... the winter has slowed us down a bit. It's really hard to shoot out-door performances when its -25*C... It promised even -37*C tomorrow, yeey. Everybody are welcome to come to Estonia for a vacation

So right now we try to figure out how to continue filming so that we wouldn't have to postpone our project until summer.

Some nice things have also happened for us. Our project and our doings have gotten some publicity in blogs. We had our first photo shoot which was fun - we have slowly started to build our facebook page as well.

Hopefully we find a way how to film out-door performances, we have one cool idea, but we'll keep you posted, will it work out...

Johannes
    Last edited by Mengel Brothers; 02-08-2012 at 07:31 AM.
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

DVDs ARE coming

Yes, our project is still alive even though we haven't updated on our progress. Lastly we were struggling with the Estonian cold weather. Because we wanted to use all the time we could get for filming we decided to travel to somewhere warm. Luckily we got some cheap tickets to Gran Canaria where we were able to continue filming. It was very good experience to perform abroad, but we were still not satisfied with the footage we got. So now we continue filming during the summer time here in Estonia. Everything takes SOOOO much more time than we thought, but we don't want to give less than our best. If it means another year of more work with the effects and filming then be it so. It would be nice if we could make it with this year though...

On our road we have had some doubts also about our effects, ourselves and our vision we strive for, but we have just kept going and everything gets better. Now I truly feel that I have given my all to shape my effect to be the best it could be. I'm pretty much done with performance videos. There are some moments I still would like to capture for the DVD, but overall I'm ready to shoot the explanation part. Hopefully we get all the performance footage we need for Joonas's DVD also with this summer.

Because we are doing this for the first time we learn a lot of course - about our own effects, performing, camera-work etc. When we started with our plan to give out our DVDs, we weren't ready, our effects weren't ready, but BECAUSE we started with this plan it MAKES us ready. Having this plan gives us a frame and perspective that accelerates our progress. We just HAVE to learn everything that is necessary if we want to make it, we just have to stick to the process.

Hope to share our creations soon!

Johannes
    Last edited by Mengel Brothers; 10-08-2013 at 08:22 AM.
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Time flies quickly... we haven't done an update for quite a while as we've been busy reaching our goal, which has taken more time and effort than we ever expected.

We are also making this post, because we need your help. We would appreciate if you can check the video below and give us some feedback.

Last edited by Mengel Brothers; 05-31-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Wow, what an overwhelming response from you guys, hold your horses for a minute, we don't know what to do with all this support and feedback that is pouring in...

Ok, but seriously, we still would appreciate if somebody could find some time to help us and point us in the right direction. We pretty much have all the material filmed for the DVDs, but we would like to make sure we give proper credit before we release our material. So can you please recommend someone we could contact who is informed enough in this matter and can review our material.

Any advice we should keep in mind before we contact retailers is also very welcome.

Thanks guys!

Johannes
    Last edited by Mengel Brothers; 08-01-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Logo

Hey guys we just got the logo from our designer. The DVDs' covers are also in the making and ready by the end of this month. Things are finally coming together. Feels EPIC...

MB
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

It would be nice to see some previews of the effects you guys are planning to release. Maybe that's part of the reason why the rest of the community is not responding to this thread. They don't know what to expect.
    Creator of "Aw Snap"

It would be nice to see some previews of the effects you guys are planning to release. Maybe that's part of the reason why the rest of the community is not responding to this thread. They don't know what to expect.
    Thanks, JP, for your feedback, I guess you're right... We have been just very dedicated to doing our own thing and in our own way. We have not wanted to post any of our material unless our effects and the videos are the best they can be. Maybe our approach is too perfectionistic, but this is just how we do things...

That said... We are working on a video right now that will sum up the last couple of years of our journey and the process of making our DVDs. There you can see a sneak peek at our effects also. We'll make the video available soon...

Our website is almost ready also. We'll let you know once it's up.

Johannes
    Last edited by Mengel Brothers; 09-06-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Our website is up!

We finally got our website up. We have put a lot of effort into this. We would appreciate if you guys could check it out and give us feedback and maybe suggestions what could be improved. Thanks!

www.MengelBrothers.com

Johannes
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	981952_544298642292254_254432852_o.jpg‎
Views:	287
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	3689  
    Last edited by Mengel Brothers; 07-03-2014 at 03:20 AM.
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Hey guys! Just visited the site and I must say that it was good to see how you guys have progressed on your goal. I like the setup of your site. Simple and easy to know where you are. It's also good to see some of the effects you guys are working on in the video. This makes me very excited to see the finished product. Based on the reactions you got from your spectators, they must have seen something pretty astonishing. I signed up to your mailing list to get updates. I'm currently working on a project of my own as well, that's why it took me so long before I could view your site. Keep up the great work guys! You have my 100% support! Hit me up on facebook "Paolo Santana" is what I use there. Keep me updated!

-JP-
    Creator of "Aw Snap"

Thank you!

Keep up the great work guys! You have my 100% support! -JP-
    We are glad you enjoyed our website and the video. We appreciate the support you have shown to us since we started this thread.

Keep me updated!
    Here's an update for you- you can consider yourself getting our DVD with a special 100% discount :)

Johannes & Joonas
    www.MengelBrothers.com
    - Live to Inspire -

Quote Originally Posted by Mengel Brothers View Post
    We are glad you enjoyed our website and the video. We appreciate the support you have shown to us since we started this thread.

Here's an update for you- you can consider yourself getting our DVD with a special 100% discount :)

Johannes & Joonas
    Wow! Thanks guys! :) Looking forward to it!

-JP-
    Creator of "Aw Snap"