+ Reply to Thread
    Lee Asher's Avatar :: CardStar
    :: Creator, Losing Control, Thunderbird

Suzy Wandas - *MAGIC LEGENDS presented by Lee Asher*

SUZY WANDAS

Suzy Wandas (1896 - 1986), was born Jean Van Dyk in Belgium to magicians Charles and Elizabeth Van Dyk. She became part of the act as a child, walking the slack rope and playing the violin while dancing as Miss White Flower.

She was inspired after seeing Talma doing manipulation magic to take up magic and was doing a cards and coins manipulation act by the age of 14. She became one of the best at manipulation magic.

After her farther passed away, her brother Louis was added to the act and they started performing as The Three Wandas. She chose a stage name Suzy from the popular song of the day If You Knew Suzy.

After her brother Louis was injured in World War I, Susy and her mom kept performing as the Wanda Sisters. When her mom retired in 1936, Suzy continued to perform throughout Europe and later the United States. Susy was able to speak five languages. Her cabaret show included ropes, thimbles, cigarettes, canes, silks, coins, the Miser’s Dream, card fans, and a routine with eight linking rings. She was billed as Suzy Wandas, the Lady with the Fairy Fingers.

Watch Suzy perform cigarette manipulations as Cliff Ukulele Ike Edwards sings in a rare scene from the MGM short Starlit Days at the Lido.

You are encouraged to learn more about Suzy Wandas by visiting her official Magicpedia page. You should also visit the Miracle Factory site to learn more about her too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MAGIC LEGENDS

Watching professionals only increases the chances of you improving your own magic. It also helps educate you about magic's rich past. In turn, the art of magic advances. Magic Legends a free resource for you to use, study and benefit from.

Read more about Magic Legends here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Seen Thunderbird or Losing Control?
    http://www.ellusionist.com/tricks/shop-by-teacher/lee-asher

Mike Anderson's Avatar :: Elite Member
    :: Semper Cadabra

I love classical, vintage videos but this one was sort of boring. I somewhat enjoyed the song but after the third redundant cigarette reappear it became too monotonous and boring. If she did some other things I would have enjoyed it more. Nonetheless thank you Lee for another interesting video.
    Imagination, is more important than knowledge." - A.E.

Wow, we should see more posts like this :D

It's always good to remember the legends, and in this case, to remember that there arent only male magicians!

The video wasn't very surprising tho, simple cigarette productions '-' the smile she kept on her face and the flawless, smooth, clean way she moves are very inspiring!!! Keeping in mind that it was NOT a magic video, it was really cool; Serves the original purpose of magic, to surprise and amaze.

Cool!

Magical and peaceful vibrations,
    Pedro G.

Lee Asher's Avatar :: CardStar
    :: Creator, Losing Control, Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Anderson View Post
    I love classical, vintage videos but this one was sort of boring.
    Ok. Then I promise the next one will knock your socks off!

What do you think about that?

Asher
    Seen Thunderbird or Losing Control?
    http://www.ellusionist.com/tricks/shop-by-teacher/lee-asher

Ty Lee's Avatar :: Elite
    :: Magic Dad

blast from the past

My wife loves old Hollywood! That's a new thing to show her and suck her into my world, muwahahaha.
    Watch me prestadigigoo, prostigoogigate, pull a rabbit out this hat!

Ty

Joe Hadsall's Avatar :: Content developer
    :: Social network sharp
    :: Xtreme Keyboard Manipulator

Put me on the opposite side of Mike. To me, this is one of those few times where repetition builds upon amazement. I loved the whimsical context of plucking cigs from a ukulele player that has somehow infatuated this woman. Throw in how her left arm is glued to the counter, and I was mesmerized. Great vid!
    “What’s the point of that, I wonder? I mean, I get how they did it. I just ain’t seeing the why.”
    ~Malcolm Reynolds

Absolutely beautiful. I loved the song too. Thank you Lee for posting such an Awesome vid.
    Capture the moment, You can't get it back....