Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    Jason Brumbalow's Avatar :: Creator : Pure Smoke

DOUBLE GAUNTLET: Winners announced at end of thread

Yo!

Contest time again. Brad and I wanted to give you another opportunity to flex your chops during the release of the Arcane Gaff Deck & DVD.

Here we go:

WHAT IS THE CONTEST?
    It's our November Gauntlet on PERFORMANCE VS. TECHNIQUE. This will comprise of 2 simultaneous contests using the Arcane Gaff. Submit your best video within the guidelines, win some loot. That easy.

The contest can only be entered using the new Arcane gaff deck, using those particular gaffs. We want to see what you can do with those amazing cards.

PERFORMANCE
    1. Personal and presentational elements. Got the gift of gab? Are you able to pry the highest quality reactions from spectators? Perform an effect or routine for people and focus on their reactions and your own performance. Skill is not an issue with this choice.

Grand prize: 24 decks of your choice (choose one type: Ghost (B or W) Arcane (B or W), Masters, ShadowMasters, 1800 (R or B), Vipers, Or Tigers)

Runner-up: UNCUT playing card sheet of your choice from our amazing reserves (very rare). This will include the possibility of choosing an Gold Arcane uncut sheet, which no one owns.

TECHNIQUE
    2. Skill with cards and imagination with GAFFS. You can perform for spectators IF DESIRED, but this is not essential. You can perform JUST for the camera, to showcase skill. Show us your imagination, then display it with pure technical SKILL.

Grand prize: 24 decks of your choice (choose one type: Ghost (B or W) Arcane (B or W), Masters, ShadowMasters, 1800 (R or B), Vipers, Or Tigers)

Runner-up: UNCUT playing card sheet of your choice from our amazing reserves (very rare). This will include the possibility of choosing an Gold Arcane uncut sheet, which no one owns.

RULES:

• There will be FOUR winners ONLY. A grand prize winner and a runner up for each contest.
    • These contests begin immediately.
    • You can enter both if you wish.
    • Video length: No longer than 3 minutes.
    • As usual, follow all of our media submission guidelines.
    • Your performance must include a gaff card that can be found in any one of Ellusionist's gaff decks.
    • Your video must feature an actual performance. In other words, don't tell us what you would do. Do it. It's called "performing."
    • Post your video as a new thread in The Gauntlet Videos forum with the word "PERFORMANCE CONTEST" OR "TECHNIQUE CONTEST" somewhere in the title. Your video will not immediately appear; a moderator will approve it later.
    • Submission deadline: 9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 7 (U.S. Central).
    • Judging and winners announced on forum and on blog on Friday, Jan. 14.

Good luck to everyone and show us what you got.
    Last edited by Joe Hadsall; 12-15-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Joe tweaked the rules
    Jason "JBone" Brumbalow

http://www.facebook.com/jason.brumbalow
    twitter.com/jasonbrumbalow

"Guided by a force much greater than luck."

Oh god...you mean I'll actually have to talk?

Edit for clarification: Does the performance entry have to be a card routine?
    Last edited by Pusher; 11-15-2010 at 12:19 PM.
    Cerulean is a gentle breeze...

Can Gaffs be used in the Performance entry?

Edit: I think it does go under performance because all I use its a DL the rest is presentation.
    Last edited by Extremo; 11-15-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    "Logic gives man what he needs... Magic gives him what he wants."

Jason Brumbalow's Avatar :: Creator : Pure Smoke
    The Arcane gaffs must be used in both / either.
    Jason "JBone" Brumbalow

http://www.facebook.com/jason.brumbalow
    twitter.com/jasonbrumbalow

"Guided by a force much greater than luck."

Does the Technique entry has to be only with gaffs? It has to be a trick or can it be a flourishing cut or something like that?

Brad Christian's Avatar :: Founder / President
    :: Ellusionist ®

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mullins View Post
    Like the man said guys this is not limited to cards.... You DO NOT have to use Gaff cards for this Gauntlet.

I'm SUPER excited to watch this Gauntlet :-)

Guys, this contest is ONLY with the new Arcane Gaff deck. That's the whole point. If it's not clear in Jason's post up above I'll change it now.

We want you to show your chops with the new Arcane gaffs --- in either presentation OR skill categories. HAVE FUN!
    Brad.
    Ellusionist ®

Shawn Mullins's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Social kinda guy
    :: J. Kredible Dance Commander

Apologies to everyone on that one; there was a miscommunication but everything has been worked out.

The Arcane Gaff MUST be included in some way… get creative with it there are A LOT of great looking cards in here that will spawn some awesome ideas.
    As Jason said there will be TWO sections for this contest… a winner and runner up for each.

Good luck to everyone!!
    Pancakes10385
    http://twitter.com/sleightofshawn
    http://www.mullinsmagic.webs.com

do the tricks in the videos have to be original or can they be something thats in a one of the gaff training dvds? like pip matrix for example

phew! cant join this contest.. shipping from USA>PHILIPPINES will take long time.. :(

*sorry for the double post.. :|
    Last edited by PoloSilvestre; 11-15-2010 at 11:30 PM.

sweet

Awesome can't wait to participate, good luck to everyone. Question though, can we compete in both sections? I'm probably going to compete in the performance one if i can't do both but if we can do both i'm definately casting my hand at both.
    You will be remembered for what you have done.

Quote Originally Posted by JVexen View Post
    Awesome can't wait to participate, good luck to everyone. Question though, can we compete in both sections? I'm probably going to compete in the performance one if i can't do both but if we can do both i'm definately casting my hand at both.
    yes you can it says above that you can enter in both contests if you like
    be sure to read the rules so you dont miss anything

Shawn Mullins's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Social kinda guy
    :: J. Kredible Dance Commander

Yes, you can enter both contests

The effects can also be original as well! In fact we encourage your creativity with the deck.
    Pancakes10385
    http://twitter.com/sleightofshawn
    http://www.mullinsmagic.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Brumbalow View Post
    The Arcane gaffs must be used in both / either.
    Hmmm, suddenly the idea of these contests has become somewhat disappointing in my opinion. I was really hyped about seeing these entries, but now suddenly it's not only, ONLY the ARCANE gaff, but also gaffs for both contests?

I thought this was going to be a sweet opportunity to show off and see others creativity with gaff cards in general. And as pointed out by a previous post, it's a bit unfair to people who live outside of the US who may or may not get the gaff (and practice a routine) in time, let alone have the money to buy it right now (and some members may be hinting at it for Christmas or whatever).

Don't you think opening it to all of E's gaff decks is a good idea (more people can enter therefore more fun and learning for everyone)?

-Craig-

hope i can still join the contest.. anyone knows how long would it take to ship items from USA > PHILIPPINES? thanks!! :D MORE POWER TO ELLU!