+ Reply to Thread

Signed Card Through Window.

Best signed card through window effect?

mallow81's Avatar :: Elite Member
    :: 3x Gauntlet winner

The word "best" is a hard thing to discuss, especially in magic. What is best for me, may not work for you. Look around, this is a very common statement. Personally I like to use KAOS as the signed card, and WINDOW as the "true" card through window illusion.
    The upside to Kaos is it's impromptu. It can be done with any card, and signed as well. Window is amazing because it's a double hitter. The first part it goes through the window, step two, the card changes.
    There are other effects out there, but they can get quite expensive and require a setup or partner. These are my two recommendations. Maybe someone else has some other ideas.
    "It's fun to do the impossible" -Walt Disney

I have Kaos, It's a decent effect I don't like it personally. Just because it's so "hands on".

Window by David Stone is nice aswell.

I don't like the gimmick though.

I mean more of a thrown singed card through window.

I really like Window by David Stone, in my opinion it is the best looking window effect. i also like KAOS because you do not really need to set up anything, and you can do it preety much anywhere on the spot.

Shawn Mullins's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Social kinda guy
    :: J. Kredible Dance Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Shea Mac Intire View Post
    I have Kaos, It's a decent effect I don't like it personally. Just because it's so "hands on".

Window by David Stone is nice aswell.

I don't like the gimmick though.

I mean more of a thrown singed card through window.
    It's hands on?

Yea it's a tough effect but I don't think there's another out there as visual or as performance friendly. There's no set-up and it's visually stunning. Not to mention it looks as hands off as your going to get. This has been my favorite card through window effect for a while now.

When it first came out I performed it at a new years eve party... people STILL talk about it to this day (talk about a great reference :-)

As for SIGNED card thrown through window... I know of a couple but I remember the method being either something very expensive or un-practical.
    Pancakes10385
    http://twitter.com/sleightofshawn
    http://www.mullinsmagic.webs.com

Ty Lee's Avatar :: Elite
    :: Magic Dad

personally.....

Gotta give it up for my bro. I remember when he was working on Kaos. Just before it came out with The Dan and Brad tweaks. Powerful effect!
    Watch me prestadigigoo, prostigoogigate, pull a rabbit out this hat!

Ty

As many have said, KAOS and Window are the most hard hitting but I have to sat KAOS its better than Window bc the card its signed, impromptu, any deck, no force, no set up! As for Window a bit of set up and it can't be signed BUT has a double kicker like Mallow said and the cards can be given out as souvenirs with an easy move.

So I say KAOS! :) as for a signed and THROWN card thru window It might involve big set up and stuff. i remember when C.A. had a card signed by an spectator and put it back on the deck then he springs the deck near I glass door and the signed card its embedded IN the glass.
    "Logic gives man what he needs... Magic gives him what he wants."

As many have said, KAOS and Window are the most hard hitting but I have to sat KAOS its better than Window bc the card its signed, impromptu, any deck, no force, no set up! As for Window a bit of set up and it can't be signed BUT has a double kicker like Mallow said and the cards can be given out as souvenirs with an easy move.

So I say KAOS! :) as for a signed and THROWN card thru window It might involve big set up and stuff. i remember when C.A. had a card signed by an spectator and put it back on the deck then he springs the deck near the glass door and the signed card its embedded IN the glass.
    "Logic gives man what he needs... Magic gives him what he wants."

Brad Burt's Signed Torn and Restored Card

The best card through window is Windomation. If you want it signed you could use Brad Burt's Signed Torn and Restored Card method.

Super Mutant