+ Reply to Thread

How straighten cards?

How can I straighten my cards without a porper? I was playing poker with some Black Tigers and when they got shuffled they got bent. I should of used regular bikes but I only had the Black Tiger with me.I will get a porper but it will be awhile.

ChristopherThisse's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite
    :: Gauntlet winner

Put the cards in the box, with the jokers and the ad cards preferably. Put a book on the floor, put the cards flat on the book, then pile a bunch more heavy books on top of the cards. Putting the jokers and the ad cards in makes sure the box doesn't get crushed. Leave them like overnight, for like twelve hours, and check them. If that doesn't do it, then take half the cards and turn them face up, then shuffle them into the face down cards. Then put them back into the box and under the books for another day or so.
    -Christopher

Mike Anderson's Avatar :: Elite Member
    :: Semper Cadabra

If you happen to have a C clamp or 2 and a block of wood that works well. If your capable of getting a card clamp eventually those are amazing. Porper clips are great as well. Christopher's advice is perfect, use a few heavy books, I think the more weight the better.

ChristopherThisse's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite
    :: Gauntlet winner

Art books are very good for this. They're generally made of very heavy paper.
    -Christopher

The above suggestions are great; personally, I use two ten pound disc weights (the kind you bench press with) and I just sandwich a stack of decks between them.

The Porper is great, but what makes it so invaluable to me is the fact that I an carry a deck in my pocket now without it getting warped. For all your other decks that need to be kept straight books and weights work just as good.

you could get two thin blocks of wood and then sandwich your deck. Then put them in a vise. This might work(I haven't don it myself)but it's worth a try.
    Don't argue with idiots,they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experiance.