Page 1 of 2
1 2 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread

Criss Angel: 100 Gone

Did anyone see the latest Mindfreak episode that aired today? (8-25-10) Where Criss Angel vanishes 100 people behind a curtain. I thought it was weird that it didn't tell us where the people went. Any thoughts and comments about it? Also, I thought the fishing pole and ring was neat.

Thanks, Mark
    I have visions of the past & no idea about the future.

They vanished behind his massive ego.
    KILLER VOCALS!!! OLD SCHOOL SOUL!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bl89oJDdfk

Quote Originally Posted by MARKV View Post
    Did anyone see the latest Mindfreak episode that aired today? (8-25-10) Where Criss Angel vanishes 100 people behind a curtain. I thought it was weird that it didn't tell us where the people went. Any thoughts and comments about it? Also, I thought the fishing pole and ring was neat.

Thanks, Mark
    Where are the ppl?? . I liked the fact that ppl from Guinness was there to verify that everything was fair.
    I'm also looking towards the last episodes of this season... Criss will Levitate 40,000 feet above the Grand Canyon and to top it off he will vanish while he is up there.!

Tempest's Avatar :: Elite
    :: Prophet
    :: Creator, KAOS

Quote Originally Posted by CardAngel16 View Post
    They vanished behind his massive ego.
    You are the man.

|| sean ||
    twitter @sean_emory

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    You are the man.

|| sean ||
    I will second that. But on the flip side, his ego made him a super star.
    If you do not know what to do, stop and think. Acting without thinking puts you in a bad situation.

Mike Anderson's Avatar :: Elite Member
    :: Semper Cadabra

I for one am irritated on how poorly his new season is going. All he does now it seems is vanishing acts. And his T-Rex jump into the cage was pathetic. My mother who is the purest Laymen even laughed on how poorly edited it was.

I have always been more impressed with David Blaine, and forever will be. If you haven't watched his lecture at TEDMED, you must watch it. His dedication to his art is unequaled.

I Used to lke Criss Angel, but not so much anymore, show us some original stuff other than making something vanish and reappear over and over again. And CardAngel16 you read my mind. Granted his ego has made him successful. I would like to know the details on the 100 vanish a little better, as in what were all guidelines he had to follow. Yes he achieved the record but under what circumstances?

Goudinov's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite
    :: "Black and Golden Guy"
    :: Gauntlet winner

Pfft, that's nothing. I'm sure David Copperfield once made the entire earth disappear.
    E-Forum Moderator
    Specializing in storytelling, artistry, and believability

Quote Originally Posted by Goudinov View Post
    Pfft, that's nothing. I'm sure David Copperfield once made the entire earth disappear.
    Only way to get rid of Ms. Carroll ;)
    "The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." - Oscar Wilde

David Blaine fails at quite a few things too, what we need to realize is that magic is on TV. Unfortunately we have to take the good with the bad. Bashing or putting down other magicians isn't going to get us anywhere. If your not happy with the magic that is on TV work harder at your magic get your own show and change it. Until then I say lets just enjoy when they are on, for awhile there were no magic shows on TV at all.
    Life is Magic BELIEVE .....John

Tempest's Avatar :: Elite
    :: Prophet
    :: Creator, KAOS

Quote Originally Posted by jbelmonte1698 View Post
    David Blaine fails at quite a few things too, what we need to realize is that magic is on TV. Unfortunately we have to take the good with the bad. Bashing or putting down other magicians isn't going to get us anywhere. If your not happy with the magic that is on TV work harder at your magic get your own show and change it. Until then I say lets just enjoy when they are on, for awhile there were no magic shows on TV at all.
    The only thing David Blaine fails at...is failing.

|| sean ||
    twitter @sean_emory

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    The only thing David Blaine fails at...is failing.

|| sean ||
    I will second that. All my inspiration in magic has spurred from David Blaine. The only thing I liked that Criss has done is the pen through Dollar Bill effect....which isn't saying much for Criss.
    If you do not know what to do, stop and think. Acting without thinking puts you in a bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Johnson View Post
    I will second that. All my inspiration in magic has spurred from David Blaine. The only thing I liked that Criss has done is the pen through Dollar Bill effect....which isn't saying much for Criss.
    Thats a very easy effect, he just pulls it off really well. I love Criss, and he was a big inspiration to me when i started magic. I got to meet him briefly once when I was part of the audience on a mindfreak episode. The thing I really liked was that there wasnt some big fancy director or producer calling the shots, Criss was directing everything, he spoke individually to different groups of people and positioned them as wanted. I thought he was going to be standing around while some no-named guy was bossing everyone around. He was a really nice guy and gave me a hi-five.
    Lookin to meet other magicians from the STL area, pm me for details

I won tickets and VIP passes to a show in vegas in 2008, was epic. Me and 4 others got to spend the whole night with Criss, he's such a cool guy, all of us there were magicians of sorts, and he wanted to know what we knew. He talked with us, and did some really cool ungimmicked slight routines, he said he'd like to do more of the small street magic on mindfreak, but it's been done by david blaine, and doesn't want to steal his style of the pure street stuff.

Criss also showed us some really cool videos of when he was younger.

And we had pizza from a bomb *** place.

His Ambitious card routine is spectacular btw.

Ye i saw this episode a while ago, along with the latest episode. his escapes are really entertaining but it never turns out like he says it will. like if he says i will escape from that box and be standing on top of it at the end. he will end up in a tank somewhere and come crashing through the wall.
    Last edited by arvindj227; 09-15-2010 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Internet Slang - LOL is not a word. Please read our RULES.

I am not keen on Criss Angel. Only because all his TV shows he has actors playing the part of a specator. He is an amazing magician. I just wish he lay off the actors who play the part of spectors.

Michael Baker