+ Reply to Thread

Finalist: Clement

Hey, here is my video for the arcane contest. This is a routine that I devised using many different techniques, sleights, and tricks that I have learnt from all the DVDs that I have bought from Ellusionist. I just want to thank all those genius magicians who invented the moves that I performed in my video, and wish good luck to every participant in the contest!

Performer: Clement Mihailescu

Arcane contest video: https://rcpt.yousendit.com/825688973...68b3b67a2f3190

arvindj227's Avatar :: Lead Moderator
    :: Ellusionist
    :: Carmen Sandiego's soulmate

Delft, The Netherlands / Hasselt, Belgium
    That was a very nice video! Nicely performed, and good reactions. Please get back to the PM I sent you regarding the file size. It's just way too huge for people to download. I have a blisteringly fast connection so it takes me just 4-5 minutes but I don't think everyone in every country will.

Cheers,

AJ
    An artist makes the difficult look easy and a showman makes the easy look spectacular.

Ellusionist Lead Moderator
    http://arvindjshankar.com

Quote Originally Posted by arvindj227 View Post
    That was a very nice video! Nicely performed, and good reactions. Please get back to the PM I sent you regarding the file size. It's just way too huge for people to download. I have a blisteringly fast connection so it takes me just 4-5 minutes but I don't think everyone in every country will.

Cheers,

AJ
    Thanks!
    I sent you a response to your earlier PMs.

Thanks,

Clement

arvindj227's Avatar :: Lead Moderator
    :: Ellusionist
    :: Carmen Sandiego's soulmate

Delft, The Netherlands / Hasselt, Belgium
    Youtube-d your video!
    An artist makes the difficult look easy and a showman makes the easy look spectacular.

Ellusionist Lead Moderator
    http://arvindjshankar.com

mallow81's Avatar :: Elite Member
    :: 3x Gauntlet winner

Pretty good video. I like the use of the jokers, it was a bit more than most people do with it, and that's commendable. It was almost like a modified ambitious card routine. I enjoyed it.

That is probably one of the best 3 of hearts reveals and the better use of the jokers. I must say though hold back a bit I felt that there wasn't any room to react. Good presentation I enjoyed that throughout the entire thing especially the whole thing being a dream and making your closer a vanish.

Best Wishes Edward B.

Great video. Presentation was nice. Routine was really well structured and the skill was nice : shapeshifter really well done and erdini's. When you repeated "you knwo what i like to do, here's what we can do" before shapeshifter that could have been avoided. Arcane theme was really well respected.

Overall i think it was the best video just need to work on the repetition of sentences.

ChristopherThisse's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite
    :: Gauntlet winner

Nicely done. I like that you really worked the Arcane theme. However, I think half the material may have been better. You seemed like you were rushing to show everything you can do in four minutes. This routine probably could have lasted six minutes with proper time to react to each separate effect. It probably would have been better to leave the ACR bit out, since it didn't fit in as well, and just stick with the 'Dream Monster' stuff. That would give the effect more room to breathe and the spectators more time to react and absorb the magic.

Overall good work, though.