Page 1 of 2
1 2 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    :: Mentor

Your opinion please. Ghost vs. White Arcane

Hello E forums,

I unfortuantley do not have the money to purchase the new arcane decks before Christmas. I want to load up on decks for Christmas.. Around 24-36.
    I have been using the ghost deck for years and love it.. But after seeing the white arcane decks I'm not sure what to load up on.
    My question is to you ghost and arcane deck owners
    which do you prefer in quality and looks?
    Do the spectators worry about the arcane? Do they think their gimmicked?

-thanks,
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by illusion_ninjas View Post
    Hello E forums,

I unfortuantley do not have the money to purchase the new arcane decks before Christmas. I want to load up on decks for Christmas.. Around 24-36.
    I have been using the ghost deck for years and love it.. But after seeing the white arcane decks I'm not sure what to load up on.
    My question is to you ghost and arcane deck owners
    which do you prefer in quality and looks?
    Do the spectators worry about the arcane? Do they think their gimmicked?

-thanks,
    Anthony

i havnt had a chance to look at arcanes yet but ghosts are pro.
    i think arcanes will be very nice to.
    did you think of getting say 12 of each?
    Working on - The Cull

I would prefer the Ghost deck.

Arcanes look nicer and in my opinion the finish is better. However, the stock needs to be replaced with the old Ellusionist stock. Get the Ghosts.
    Genesis

ChristopherThisse's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite
    :: Gauntlet winner

I think they both handle well, and both look great. I have had no issues with the stock and kind of like the stiffness.

However, the Ghost deck in my mind has one major drawback, and that's the black pips in the center of the cards. All the suits are black, and I've had people miss things because they can't immediately tell that some cards were black and some were red. The white Arcanes do not have that issue.

But the Arcanes are twice the cost of the Ghosts.

In the end, you need to make your own decisions about what to try, everyone is different in their preferences.

I prefer the ghosts over the arcane. I just wish the ghosts had red pips.

I think Arto made a good point of saying why not get 12 of each.

Anyways. I would say Ghosts, if you like them.
    Even though I don't have Arcanes, are you sure you want 24-36 of a deck you may not like?
    I swear, if I hear one more magician complaining about their hands being too small to palm a card...

:: Elite
    :: Retired

Many people share this same thought as I, that it matters how you present the cards (as to whether spectators think they are gimmicked or tricked cards) Frankly a case of each is ideal, you can enjoy plenty of both kinds. If you want just one I'd go with the Ghosts.

Lucian
    <<State & National Champion Trumpeter>>
    Ellusionist Elite Member ::Retired::

i have both the ghost and white arcan, the detail on the arcan is gorgeous, the handeling is amazing, but i really enjoy the ghost deck and it is by far my favorite deck of cards, the quality on ghost is nice, i would go with the ghost deck

Ghosts. Totally

I like the simplicity of the Ghost deck. It has great designs. And from my usage of it, I get "Wow! Nice deck! Where did you get it?" I love it. Its simple rider back design but the inversion of colors and nice Ace make spectators think, at least should, "You have a great deck. It's awesome! And it doesn't even look like a trick deck." As a matter of fact, I found this deck and this site because of a friend. I thought the same thing when he pullde out his Ghost deck.
    The white ghost to me is between the Black Tiger and, somewhat, Shadow Masters. To me, prefering the Arcane over the Ghost deck is like making mods to the Mona Lisa; the art is fine! Why make it better, if the mods will even make it better to being with?
    Arcanes are also too hype and good- looking for tricks. I'd use 'em for XCM.

Shawn Mullins's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Social kinda guy
    :: J. Kredible Dance Commander

Quote Originally Posted by chucklez View Post
    Arcanes are also too hype and good- looking for tricks. I'd use 'em for XCM.
    Really?? I think the Arcanes derserves the hype. Don't get me wrong I use both Ghosts and Arcanes but think the stock and feel of the Arcanes are much better. Ghosts are fine but I feel like the design and feel make then two totally different animals. Blindfolded you can tell the difference by feel alone so I don't think it's like a "adding to the mona lisa" thing.

As for only for XCM... try some card work with them, personally I think they are a fantastic cut for card magic.
    Pancakes10385
    http://twitter.com/sleightofshawn
    http://www.mullinsmagic.webs.com

I am a big fan of ghosts. The arcane are my second favorite. I would heed the advice of others and get a pack of each and practice with them for some time before buying a stack.

really i have both and love each deck i prefer the white arcanes slightly though.

I personally really like the Ghost deck and would recommend that, it's one of my favorite decks of all time!

I agree that the Arcanes are a little flashy for tricks but look good for XCM although the X in my XCM is a little suspect. I have never had issue with the Ghosts, they are a great standard deck and handle like butter. I think they are a little big for my regular size porper clip. I do not know if anyone else has that issue. Anyway, between the two I would have to go for the ghost.