The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    Joe Hadsall's Avatar :: Content developer
    :: Social network sharp
    :: Xtreme Keyboard Manipulator

What should be part of E-Life?

If you haven't seen the news by now, we have rolled out E-Life, a new section of the Web site. This section is going to get bigger in the coming months, and this is your chance to say what you'd like to see.

So what do you think?
    “What’s the point of that, I wonder? I mean, I get how they did it. I just ain’t seeing the why.”
    ~Malcolm Reynolds

RealityOne's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite Member
    :: Agent R1
    :: Gauntlet winner

Quote Originally Posted by Luciana Welch
    My biggest passion is dancing and that is how I met Brad (yes!!! Brad can dance!!!!). He used to teach ballroom at the same studio I had jazz classes.
    A video of Brad teaching ballroom dancing. Is it true he knows how to do a "levitation spin" where his partner rises three feet off the floor?
    ~ David
    Perception of reality is a selection of reality which results in a distortion of reality.

I think it would be cool to see a long street magic performance from Brad, without tutorials of tricks, apart from the DVDs.
    I swear, if I hear one more magician complaining about their hands being too small to palm a card...

A mini chat area where people logged in can chat? Other than the forums, its for people that are on at the moment.
    Let me show you something a little different...
    My twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wills42

Quote Originally Posted by HandNinja View Post
    I think it would be cool to see a long street magic performance from Brad, without tutorials of tricks, apart from the DVDs.
    I second this. A video displaying a number of different effects plus the reactions (without tutorials) will get beginners interested in magic. Maybe follow Brad, or someone else, around for a day of street magic?

Shawn Mullins's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Social kinda guy
    :: J. Kredible Dance Commander

I think it would be cool to have video tips and lectures from the elites, moderators, creators and owners of Ellusionist. Also I would like to see some street performances from the creators, we always see little snips in their trailers but not many full routines and how they perform (unless you buy the dvd's but then you only see that one effect).

I think lectures would be top on my list because a lot of the times when they speak at lectures or something it's far away and we don't really get the chance to see what the hot topics are and how their minds are ticking.
    Pancakes10385
    http://twitter.com/sleightofshawn
    http://www.mullinsmagic.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by HandNinja View Post
    agreed. I like to see pros go out and perform but I dont want to buy a DVD or go on a 2 hour youtube search.

Not many magicians will be that willing to perform their entire routine since they may have their own material which they're not willing to showcase. But since E's mantra is making you a better magician, would be nice to see something which does. For instance, I imagine a video of how some of the 'E artists' approach people on the street or introduce themselves etc.. would be helpful to a lot of people.

You could extend this kind of real life, not focussed on tricks but performance teaching with a live example of managing tough specs or something along those lines, and from there it could go further.

Oh and Joe? I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar :P
    Satch, Vai and... Sankey forever!

Kard Pride...So there Scott!

ScottBaird's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Closet Card Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Wills42 View Post
    A mini chat area where people logged in can chat? Other than the forums, its for people that are on at the moment.
    Impossible to moderate.

And Nass... still like the signature.

Scott.
    Professional Coin Magician
    Studio Director, Alberta Printmakers
    Sociopolitical Fine Art Printmaker

Brandon Sheffield's Avatar :: Elite Member
    I would love to see a weekly video blog. The chat room really isn't that bad of an idea. It wouldn't be impossible to moderate at all. If Itricks can do it I'm sure E can figure out a way to do it.
    It would be cool if we could get a section on here to see some of the older videos, like Brads sponge ball routine, his gambling commercial, basically all of the vintage Ellusionist videos!

Brandon
    If you don't like to practice, for God sakes try a different hobby. - Dai Vernon

well since its called elife it should be a day in the life of the ellusionst team and the artist's.

i would like to see some street performances from the mods, elites and even staff.

also i really liked the idea of being able to chat to people who are on at the moment. like forums but just for people who are on.
    Working on - The Cull

ScottBaird's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Closet Card Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Sheffield View Post
    It wouldn't be impossible to moderate at all. If Itricks can do it I'm sure E can figure out a way to do it.
    Have yet to see Itricks do it where there wasn't some sleazebag on there bringing it down. They constantly troll and harass, which is not something easy to defeat with the internet the way it is.

You can block them as much as you like, and they constantly come back. We don't need idiots like that on E.

Scott.
    Professional Coin Magician
    Studio Director, Alberta Printmakers
    Sociopolitical Fine Art Printmaker

Jason Brumbalow's Avatar :: Creator : Pure Smoke
    Scott, agreed. It seems like only those with the elite status or moderator should have the privilege to use a feature like open chat....
    Jason "JBone" Brumbalow

http://www.facebook.com/jason.brumbalow
    twitter.com/jasonbrumbalow

"Guided by a force much greater than luck."

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Brumbalow View Post
    Scott, agreed. It seems like only those with the elite status or moderator should have the privilege to use a feature like open chat....
    Aww. How do you become elite?
    I swear, if I hear one more magician complaining about their hands being too small to palm a card...