Page 1 of 2
1 2 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    Jason Brumbalow's Avatar :: Creator : Pure Smoke

Joe Hadsall - New Forum Director

I'm happy to announce Joe Hadsall as the new Ellusionist Forum Director!

Joe is going to bring some new ideas to the forums that should be engaging and a blast to be a part of. Joe's enthusiasm is infectious and he has a great big pair of ears listening to what YOU want here at Ellusionist.

Shout out to RJ for the eons of time, passion and love he has put into this place. RJ will continue as lead moderator here to continue doing what he has always done best, guiding, mentoring and being a bastion of help when needed.

Joe and the rest of the group are going to continue to kick out new contests, events, and some special secrets that are being built behind the curtain. Those secrets will start revealing themselves very soon.....

Congrats, Joe. Now turn up the music and pass the ammunition...
    Jason "JBone" Brumbalow

http://www.facebook.com/jason.brumbalow
    twitter.com/jasonbrumbalow

"Guided by a force much greater than luck."

The secrets better be Gothic Spongebunnies.

Congrats Joe, now work on your Elmsley count :P

Who's RJ ;)

RJohnson's Avatar :: Moderator Emeritus
    :: Ellusionist
    :: President, More Posts Than Anyone Else Club

Guys,

This is truly fantastic news for you all. Joe is going to rock the forums. I respected this dude from day one, and it has only grown as I have watched him take on new duties, and to do them so well.

I am sticking around and still being bossy, so don't worry. I think Team Ellusionist just took a giant step forward.

RJ
    Can you keep a secret?
    So can I!

Goudinov's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite
    :: "Black and Golden Guy"
    :: Gauntlet winner

I guess I should never have told Joe what I really think about him.

:p
    E-Forum Moderator
    Specializing in storytelling, artistry, and believability

Shawn Mullins's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Social kinda guy
    :: J. Kredible Dance Commander

Congrats Joe! I think you'll do an awesome job... and no I'm not sucking up already :-)
    Pancakes10385
    http://twitter.com/sleightofshawn
    http://www.mullinsmagic.webs.com

Premetheus37's Avatar Elite Member
    RJ, now you need to become the new Roy Ornelas. Just get all bitter and shouty at people. :-p

Congrats Joe. Big shoes...

Premetheus
    I've seen all good people turn their heads each day. So, satisfied, I'm on my way.

Daz's Avatar Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Premetheus37 View Post
    RJ, now you need to become the new Roy Ornelas ...

Premetheus
    Truly impossible. The gods insisted the mold was broken when Roy popped into this world.

But massive congratulations to Joe - and RJ it's good to know you'll still be doing your good stuff here.

It's heartening to see that E continues to smile, blossom and bloom while much of the world has its teeth pulled in the recession.

Interesting, i just joined so i didnt get to know RJ very well...but im sure they both did/are gonna do a good job

:: Cow ::
    RCS Worker
    7yrs of experience
    Mastered:
    SB, Rope, Card, Coin, more.
    Just Started:
    Tarantula

Xntrix's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Elite Member
    :: Aussie Adonis

Wow. Mixed emotions about this one. Congratulations must of course first go to Joe for being recognized for the massive amount of effort he puts into every task he's given. Keeping the content rolling on the blog, being an active and knowledgeable voice here at E, and keeping us informed of the goings on in the dungeons of Ellusionist. I swear, had it not been for Joe, Rick Astley and Billy Joel I would not be in this business.

Some of you might not know this, but Joe actively promotes E on other forums as well, dropping little tidbits of information to those who are interested in the seedy underbelly of the magic world - things like admitting E taints the water supply to get you to buy more cards, and dropping the bomb that Brad doesn't own an iron... (How do his shirts stay so crisp?) oh wait - JBone let that one slip.

So Congrats to Joe for being officially recognized as Forum Head Honcho.

I was saddened at first by the news as I thought that it meant RJ would be leaving us, but alas - we're still graced by his presence as Lead Moderator. Glad you're sticking around Uncle Bob, the place wouldn't be the same without you. Congratulations to you both on your new positions, looking forward to what this might mean for the future of the forum.

All the best,

JS.
    I have no use for people who have learned the limits of the possible.

I have a Question To Joe: is it possible for someone to excel higher than "registered user" and not work for Ellusionist?

Edit: Example: Daz, how would i become an "elite member"

RCS Worker
    7yrs of experience
    Mastered:
    Just Started:
    Tarantula

Xntrix's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Aussie Adonis

Quote Originally Posted by Cow View Post
    I have a Question To Joe: is it possible for someone to excel higher than "registered user" and not work for Ellusionist?

Edit: Example: Daz, how would i become an "elite member"

Elites, Retired Elites, and Moderators do not work for Ellusionist.

The best way to become an Elite is not to ask how to become an Elite. Simply being a knowledgeable, active, friendly and contributing member on the forums will put you on the right path. Through consistency of posts you will be recognized if you have Elite potential. Simply be yourself, forget about becoming an Elite, and enjoy the forums. If it's where you belong, it's where you belong.

There was previously also the titles of Ellusionistant Ambassador - who were those who basically greeted new members and helped them find their way, and Apex Members - who were those recognized as being on the right path to being an Elite - however both positions have now been abolished.

For further info, just search 'Elite' in the search box.

Hope this helps,

JS.
    I have no use for people who have learned the limits of the possible.

Thanks, i have been trying to go through all the post i havnt posted recently and see how i can help.

RCS Worker
    7yrs of experience
    Mastered:
    Just Started:
    Tarantula

ScottBaird's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Closet Card Genius

Going to just throw out a resoundingly stoic "grats!" to Joe. MUCH Thanks for all you've done RJ.
    Professional Coin Magician and student
    Currently listening to Jay-Z
    Artist (literally)

Elite Member
    Congrats Joe!

I'm curious as to what the next "secret" is. Hopefully it's Rich Ferguson's next little miracle. I've been waiting for that effect for a long time now..

-Dave-
    "Beliefs not only affect judgments and behavior, but can even distort what we see" David Lewis

Jason.Michael's Avatar :: Moderator
    Congrats Joe.