Thread: Think A Drink

+ Reply to Thread

Think A Drink

Hello all, I am new to the forum and have been practicing Magic for about 4 years. So forgive me if I step on anyones toes I dont mean to but, am just learning how these forums work. I am trying to find what ever info on think a drink I can. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appriciate it

Magic Katie's Avatar Elite Member
    The original routine was actually quite difficult I heard... it required a lot of preperation. The variation (or at least one of them) is called Hospitality. Try checking out the book Modern Art by Jim Steinmeyer.

Anyway... welcome to the Ellusionist forums!

By the way, while I was glad to help you... there is something special about this forum compared to almost every other magic forum on the internet. Instead of sitting here and wasting away in front of a computer, we actually want you to learn magic! (Surprise!) Therefore, we try to stay away from things such as "spoon feeding" information. What I just told you was spoon feeding, but I only did that because you are new.

It took me about 15 minutes of research, and perhaps it would be longer if you didn't know where to look - but the quest makes the treasure that much more valuable. I actually, in that 10 minutes of reading and searching, learned quite a lot about Think a Drink by Hoffman and all the more modern variations. In the future, checking these things out for yourself is a great way to learn and grow. After you give it a good try though, and you're still stuck - then everyone here will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

It's all about self growth.

Welcome, once again! And good luck!

Katie
    You can make anything you dream a reality with enough determination.

Xntrix's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Elite Member
    :: Aussie Adonis

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Katie View Post
    The variation (or at least one of them) is called Hospitality. Try checking out the book Modern Art by Jim Steinmeyer.
    I'm pretty sure it was described fairly comprehensively in Art and Artifice, though I could be wrong. I was recently reading something that certainly had it described, and I'm pretty sure that was it - but it could just as possibly be Greater Magic, Art of Magic or Modern Magic - as I've been skimming them while re-reading A&A.

Sorry if I've made things more confusing. As Katie's said - Google is a fantastic tool for trcking things down.

All the best,

JS.
    I have no use for people who have learned the limits of the possible.

Magic Katie's Avatar Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xntrix View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was described fairly comprehensively in Art and Artifice, though I could be wrong. I was recently reading something that certainly had it described, and I'm pretty sure that was it - but it could just as possibly be Greater Magic, Art of Magic or Modern Magic - as I've been skimming them while re-reading A&A.

Sorry if I've made things more confusing. As Katie's said - Google is a fantastic tool for trcking things down.

All the best,

JS.
    Well I'm not surprised. Steinmeyer was the brainchild of the modern day version, so I'm sure there are several books and lecture notes that go over it to some degree.

Anyway - well hey! The more places you can find it, the less likely of a chance you'll have to pay a really large sum of money.

The Magic Tea Kettle also had something that was closer to the original Think A Drink, but finding that manuscript is close to impossible. You'll have better luck finding a signed copy of Tamariz's Sonata in Waldenbooks. Hahaha..

Katie
    You can make anything you dream a reality with enough determination.