Page 1 of 2
1 2 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    SoulGrind's Avatar Elite Member
    :: Gospel Magician

Paul Harris - POST DINNER

WOW! What an evening! Tonight was absolutely AMAZING!

From 4:00 PM until 10:30 PM has been nothing but magical!

The evening started off with my 45 minute drive from my home in Sonoma County over to Brad Christian's house in Marin County.

When I arrived, many of the other dinner attendees had already arrived.

Upon entering Brad's house, I quickly met everyone (sorry guys - I still don't know everyone's names, but glad to have met you all - you're a great bunch of guys). And of course, I met our wonderful host, Brad Christian, Paul Harris and Tim Trono of Murphy's Magic Supply.

The evening's events started off with some hordevors, and us all sitting around in a circle with Paul at the head. We all introduced ourselves - we discussed who we are, where we are from, how we became interested in magic and where each of us are currently at in or magical career.

Then the discussion started - Paul discussed his philosophies of "astonishment" with us. We discussed many topics - everything ranging from magic as an art form, to marketing ourselves to, to discussing other magicians that we all know and love.

Brad announced dinner - Lasagna, Caesar Salad, French Bread - perfecto!

More round table discussion with Paul, Brad and Tim.

Then we watched a short session of video clips from the True Astonishment DVD series - this included some insider information from the master, Paul Harris himself.

Brad then introduced us to "Ringtone" - we got to see the new trailer and discuss the effect to some degree.

From there we had a photo session -- everyone had their picture taken with Paul. We all received parting gift bags that contained an amazing amount of DVD's, 3 decks of Ellusionist produced cards, and two unreleased effects/props from Paul Harris.

We all left Brad's house around 7:30ish PM and went downtown to a small ice cream shop. The lot of us sat around, ate ice cream, compliments of Murphy's Magic (thanks Tim), and had more one-on-one time with both Tim and Paul. And of course, what kind of session would it be if cards did not come out of their cases. One-on-one with Paul Harris, cards in hand! DO YOU LOVE IT OR WHAT?!?!?!

As the evening went on, Paul and Tim left but the majority of us stuck around. Next thing we knew, we were performing for some of the patrons in the ice cream shop. We all left around 10:30 PM, tired, but with the adrenaline still pumping.

We wished each other farewell until we meet again.

Brad has promised to post photos in a couple of days. Video footage was taken - not sure how that will play into everything, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Anyway - an awesome time was had by all. It was truly an amazingly magical night to be had.

On top of all that, I had my personal copy of "The Art of Astonishment" autographed by both Brad and Paul to commemorate the evening and looks like I'll be getting a tour of Murphy's Magic in Sacramento, CA on Monday morning at 11:00 AM - again, thanks Tim!

Can't wait to hear what everyone else has to say about tonight!

PS - I can't thank Ellusionist, Brad Christian, Paul Harris, Tim Trono, the rest of the guys there tonight, and Mark McPhee (my sponsor) for such a wonderful evening. It was something that I will remember for the rest of my days!
    Last edited by SoulGrind; 01-25-2009 at 02:19 AM.
    Caine Hörr
    The Amazing Caine
    http://www.amazingcaine.com

Bijlogg's Avatar Elite Member
    Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Looking forward to the photos :D

Tom

Sounds like an evening you will remember for the rest of your life. Congratulations to all there. Feel my envy.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

That sounds like a lot of fun. It sounds like it was almost perfect... it was missing me :-)
    Magic is like poker,
    some hands are better than others
    still it is how you play them that counts.

Thats really cool, sounds like you had a great time, I bet that was a great experience hanging out with some of the best. I would love to meet Paul Harris, hes one of my hero's.
    "They tell me nothin' is perfect, then tell me why is it a word?" -Ben Harper

My jealousy is almost tangible right now. I'm glad you guys had a good time though.

Elite Member
    Sounds like it was a blast! Thanks for sharing the experience with us!
    Metallic Red and Blue Porper Clips
    http://www.newyorkmagicproject.com/products/porperclip.htm

sounds amazing

It sounds like you had a very amazing evening. I'm sure you would have mentioned it if you had, but i figured i would ask anyway, did you get your TA sets at the dinner?

May I ask what DVD's you received in that parting gift bag you recieved. And what were the two unreleased DVD's. Can you describe the effects on the DVD's?
    "You are only limited to what you limit yourself to..." - Dylan P. (Myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by sivartn View Post
    It sounds like you had a very amazing evening. I'm sure you would have mentioned it if you had, but i figured i would ask anyway, did you get your TA sets at the dinner?
    No. The TA boxes were not given out. I believe they said something about being shipped around the first of February - but please, don't quote me on that as I'm not entirely sure.
    Caine Hörr
    The Amazing Caine

Quote Originally Posted by magicfreak753 View Post
    May I ask what DVD's you received in that parting gift bag you recieved. And what were the two unreleased DVD's. Can you describe the effects on the DVD's?
    Since I am not home right now (writing from my iPhone), I will answer this in greater detail in a couple of hours -- unless one of the other attendees of the dinner care to chime in.
    Caine Hörr
    The Amazing Caine

Rabidpuppies's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGrind View Post
    We all left Brad's house around 7:30ish PM and went downtown to a small ice cream shop. The lot of us sat around, ate ice cream, compliments of Murphy's Magic...

All I can say is this:

Ice cream?

Free...Ice Cream??

Uhuh....yup....I'm jealous as hell.

You. Are. One. Lucky. [censored]

Rabid Out
    Ellusionist Systems Model: 101

Quote Originally Posted by magicfreak753 View Post
    OK - I am home now... Here is the inventory of the gift bag...

DVD's
    Mark Mason's "Perfect" DVD
    Mark Mason's "Club Sandwich" DVD
    Dan Hausee and Dan White's "Lit" DVD
    David Ren Jenkins' "Warp One" DVD
    Paul Harris' "Ultra Visual Nightshades" DVD
    Andrew Gerard's "Psyche" DVD
    Reel Magic Magazine's "Season One, Discs 1-4" DVD series
    2-Disc Slydini tribute DVD entitled, "As I Recall..."

Effects / Props
    1 Deck of Shadow Masters
    1 Deck of Red 1800s
    1 Deck of [White] Ghosts
    Andy Leviss's "Sticky Situation"
    Paul Harris' "SLR Refills"
    Paul Harris' ... Hmmm... I don't know what it's called. It's a pre-production run of a deck of cards where the box looks like a deck and the deck looks like a box.

It's my understanding that the special Paul Harris props; the deck of cards and the SLR refills have not yet been released to the general public as of yet.
    Caine Hörr
    The Amazing Caine

Rabidpuppies's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite

Ok...

So now I am jealous of the other stuff...not just the ice cream.

Rabid
    Ellusionist Systems Model: 101

RJohnson's Avatar :: Moderator Emeritus
    :: Ellusionist ®
    :: President, More Posts Than Anyone Else Club

Wow!!!

OK, that was all more than cool...I can not even find the word for it. You not only got to meet Paul, but you got to get with Brad at his house and have a great time. The you got a bunch of goodies also!

This gives you ultimate bragging rights for quite awhile. I am so impressed with this prize for you all, and I am really glad that forum people got to go to this.

Can't wait to hear more and to see some pictures/videos.

RJ
    Can you keep a secret?
    So can I!