Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    Jason Brumbalow's Avatar :: Creator : Pure Smoke

RINGTONE by Adam Grace - Q & A

Hey guys,

Adam Grace is going to crash the party for a bit and drop some hints about Ringtone.

Teaser will be rotating for another week, then we'll post the full trailer.

Ringtone by Adam Grace

Adam is mad busy lately so, he's not ignoring anyone, I'm sure he'll be rolling in whenever possible to answer your questions.
    Jason "JBone" Brumbalow

http://www.facebook.com/jason.brumbalow
    twitter.com/jasonbrumbalow

"Guided by a force much greater than luck."

Yay! I've been waiting a while for this, so questions have been building...I'm excited to finally have a medium to combine music with magic, seeing how music is my first love.

Can it be done on any phone?

Is the gimmick expensive?

does the gimmick need to be reset before each performance?

Easy to contain?

Can it be done without a gimmick (should've asked this first) ? :P

How long does the ringtone last on their phone?

can you possibly change more than just the ringtone?

Did you sell your soul?

am I asking too many?

No need to answer them all...
    Last edited by Asher_F; 01-22-2009 at 04:50 PM.

Elite Member
    Hey Adam, got a few questions. I was wondering, do you have to handle the phone before you actually do the "magic", can you use any phone to do this and do you have to own a cell phone yourself to be able to accomplish this?

One more thing, alot of people say that magic has to make sense. As an example, if you were able to do miraculous things that it would make more sense to make money appear rather than vanish it. So leads me to this question, what made you come up with this effect? Because if someone had the ability to actually do magic, why would they change someone's ringtone? It doesn't help anyone, so some may think it's more or less showing off a talent rather than creating magic.

Now I don't feel this way about all things and there are exceptions, but I would like to hear your answer on this.

-Dave-
    Last edited by Dave Wiltrout; 01-22-2009 at 04:56 PM.
    "Beliefs not only affect judgments and behavior, but can even distort what we see" David Lewis

I can see a purpose for it, maybe not so meaningful but a purpose enough to put a good story and emotional hook behind.

might as well throw in another before answering begins..

How angle sensitive is it, if at all?

Premetheus37's Avatar Elite Member
    Even though you never actually answered my original question about "How are you so awesome?" I guess I'll ask another....

How long did it take for this idea to go from conception to marketing? I'm assuming it's less than frozen, and must have been more of a relief, but I don't know. Any comments?

Premetheus

P.S. I know I could ask questions more specific to the nature of the effect, but I'll know most of those soon enough anyways. I'm more interested in the process, ;-).
    I've seen all good people turn their heads each day. So, satisfied, I'm on my way.

1) can this be done on any phone
    2) do u need a phone to accopmlish this ? if yes , then what phones
    3) is the "tool" expensive- comes with the dvd or buy separately

thats it. may be a little too much

anyway adam you are the pinnacle of creativity

Creator | Frozen

Hiya

Hi everyone...I'm proud that Ringtone is finally getting released. It's been a closer in my show for a while. This is my very favorite effect that I've invented. Now... it is going to be yours.

I've been in a recording studio (actually a house up in the Hollywood Hills that was converted into a studio) for the last three weeks working on my new album. The best part is that Chris Robinson (Legendary singer from the Black Crowes) is producing and I've had an amazing time recording with him.

We still have a week of work to do so my time is going to be very tight. I'll try to check in every night at least once to field questions. After next week I'm all yours!

SO... thanks for all your support on Frozen. Make sure to pick up Ringtone and I'll be looking forward to your questions.
    -AG

Creator | Frozen
    [quote=srevinod;767126]1) can this be done on any phone
    2) do u need a phone to accopmlish this ? if yes , then what phones
    3) is the "tool" expensive- comes with the dvd or buy separately

1. This can be done on any modern cell phone. I cannot vouch for really old phones.

2. I don't understand. Do you mean that the performer needs to own a phone?

3. This will be answered in the next few days. :)

-AG

Creator | Frozen
    Quote Originally Posted by Premetheus37 View Post
    Even though you never actually answered my original question about "How are you so awesome?" I guess I'll ask another....

How long did it take for this idea to go from conception to marketing? I'm assuming it's less than frozen, and must have been more of a relief, but I don't know. Any comments?

Premetheus

P.S. I know I could ask questions more specific to the nature of the effect, but I'll know most of those soon enough anyways. I'm more interested in the process, ;-).

Flattery gets you everywhere:)

From idea to conception? About three years. I like to keep ideas for myself and use them for a good while before releasing. That way I get the best of both worlds. (You should see what I'm performing right now... look for it in about 3 years!)
    -AG

Creator | Frozen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wiltrout View Post
    Hey Adam, got a few questions. I was wondering, do you have to handle the phone before you actually do the "magic", can you use any phone to do this and do you have to own a cell phone yourself to be able to accomplish this?

One more thing, alot of people say that magic has to make sense. As an example, if you were able to do miraculous things that it would make more sense to make money appear rather than vanish it. So leads me to this question, what made you come up with this effect? Because if someone had the ability to actually do magic, why would they change someone's ringtone? It doesn't help anyone, so some may think it's more or less showing off a talent rather than creating magic.

Now I don't feel this way about all things and there are exceptions, but I would like to hear your answer on this.

-Dave-

Dave....very interesting post indeed.

I think you have to look at magic in a modern context to answer this question. Magic is still about mystery...period. The modern day conjurer can choose to adopt this new paradigm of technological magic or choose to stay in the past and only fulfill what society calls a magician.

In the world we live in very little "makes sense". Why do humans kill each other in the name of (insert thing here). Why do you have to be 21 to drink booze but you can go get killed in battle at 18? Why do people kill their children. Why am I NOT GETTING A BAILOUT TOO????

Humans are trained from early childhood that things don't make sense. So... why does magic have to make perfect sense?

Why change someones ringtone?

Because you can.

That's it.

-AG

Creator | Frozen
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher_F View Post
    I can see a purpose for it, maybe not so meaningful but a purpose enough to put a good story and emotional hook behind.

might as well throw in another before answering begins..

How angle sensitive is it, if at all?

The angles are great on this one. 99.9999999%

Creator | Frozen
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher_F View Post
    Yay! I've been waiting a while for this, so questions have been building...I'm excited to finally have a medium to combine music with magic, seeing how music is my first love.

Can it be done on any phone?

Is the gimmick expensive?

does the gimmick need to be reset before each performance?

Easy to contain?

Can it be done without a gimmick (should've asked this first) ? :P

How long does the ringtone last on their phone?

can you possibly change more than just the ringtone?

Did you sell your soul?

am I asking too many?

No need to answer them all...

I'm checking with Brad before I fully disclose everything. I'm on his timetable here. I do know that all of these questions WILL be answered in the next few days.

As far as my soul is concerned...
    My manager owns 15%
    My agent owns 20%
    I traded the rest for tickets to a Rolling Stones show.

very very excited

hey adam you probably remember me:)..you gave me your autograph on a jarry's nugget's card!!

but i do have some questions regarding this trick!

1) do i (the performer) need to have a personal phone on me? i dont have a phone rite now so will i still be able to perform it..like i borrow one spectators phone and then do the magic on another spectators phone? is that possible?

2) how long is the set up?

3)price?

4) is it goin to be available as a download?

5) does it come with gimmick..and are gimmicks that u can buy anywhere

6)do i need to know the spectator?

7) do i need to be able to touch there phone before the trick starts?

8) difficultly level?

9)why does this seem impossible?? :)

thanks Adam and congratulations:)

hey adam,
    first of all completely excited about the trick. can't wait and don't know how it is done. well,most of my questions have been answered but i still had one.
    can this be performed anytime, anywhere?
    or do i have to take something with me in order to perform it

the reason i ask is because i want a trick that i can do anytime when someone asks. something that i don' have to prepare for. i'm really looking for a trick like this.

-Siebz
    Last edited by magicsiebz; 01-24-2009 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Grace View Post
    Dave....very interesting post indeed.

I think you have to look at magic in a modern context to answer this question. Magic is still about mystery...period. The modern day conjurer can choose to adopt this new paradigm of technological magic or choose to stay in the past and only fulfill what society calls a magician.

In the world we live in very little "makes sense". Why do humans kill each other in the name of (insert thing here). Why do you have to be 21 to drink booze but you can go get killed in battle at 18? Why do people kill their children. Why am I NOT GETTING A BAILOUT TOO????

Humans are trained from early childhood that things don't make sense. So... why does magic have to make perfect sense?

Why change someones ringtone?

Because you can.

That's it.

-AG

Wow, nicely said, I feel the same way, I was just to scared to say it myself.
    "They tell me nothin' is perfect, then tell me why is it a word?" -Ben Harper