+ Reply to Thread

Chat with Justin Miller and other magicians!

December 12th Update: Justin will not be online for the chat tonight. He is very sorry for the inconvenience. However, the chat will go on as normal. The only difference is that Justin will not be there. Look at my post below for the details on how to join tonight's chat. http://forums.ellusionist.com/showpo...0&postcount=13
    ---------------------------------------------
    Here is a nice little video introduction from the man himself. http://www.tokbox.com/vm/jnhp4rzq4zx2

Hey guys. This is the official thread for the official JM video chats.... hosted by Justin Miller. (Despite the fact we can have chats whenever we want, Justin gave me the idea for starting this so.... the thread is still a tribute to him. ;) We do have official chat times though which I'll talk about below.)

So here's the deal:

Every Wedensday, Friday, and Saturday, Justin and all who want to join in will have a video chat on TokBox. I'll talk a bit about how to join TokBox below. Anyway, these chats are not just about magic. They can be about anything in general. XCM, magic, how you slammed a bowl of pudding in your sister's face, or how you went apple picking with Michael Ammar.

Don't want to show yourself on the internet or don't have a web cam? No problem. Chatting through text is also an option. (My web cam always gets messed up, so 95% of the time I actually just chat through text myself.)

These chats are great. We joke. We will have some serious discussions. We do magic.

So... wanna chat with other people from the magic community? Wanna chat with Justin Miller? Come to these chats. They are AWESOME! They really make my nights. I hope to see a lot of you there.

Here are some old pictures from our Stickam chats (Stickam is what we used to use before it broke down.):

This is a picture of one of our chats and Justin... looking like a hillbilly.

This is Justin....

This is Andrei Jikh performing his version of Daniel Madison's CHANGE and Justin performing Captured.

Official chat time are 10 PM EST on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. HOWEVER, if other people are online, feel free to chat with them. Private chats, public chats, whatever. However, these are our official times so this is when most people are expected to be online for our massive video chats. Unofficial chats happen all the time and can also get quite large.

Anyway...

How to get started:

Go to www.tokbox.com and create an account. If your familiar with the chat program AIM, the layout of TokBox is very similar except it is just in an internet browser. Then... Just start adding people.

If you wish to add me, just go to www.tokbox.com/sinful
    If you wish to add Justin Miller, go to www.tokbox.com/closeupjm
    Either of us will get you started.

Well, I hope that just about covers everything. These chats are awesome. Seriously, participate in them. You won't regret it.

Please Note: These chats in no way have anything to do with Ellusionist. The E crew is in no way affiliated with these chats. This was started independently by Justin Miller and will now become a regular routine. Thanks.

-Doug
    Last edited by sinfule; 12-12-2008 at 06:00 PM.
    Don't ever hesitate to contact me!

E-mail: Doug@Theory11.com

We have been doing these for a while, so to answer your first question before you even ask it, yes, there is a chat tonight. Enjoy.

-Doug

PS: All other questions, comments, or talk about the chats should be posted in here. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by sinfule; 12-10-2008 at 08:42 PM.

Hey guys I really hope you come by and chat with us.
    I started the idea of a chat about 4-5 months ago...I want to be accessible to you my fans and friends. Some of you cannot get to a convention I am at or one of my lectures,the JM chat is my answer to that problem.
    JM

RJohnson's Avatar :: Moderator Emeritus
    :: Ellusionist
    :: President, More Posts Than Anyone Else Club

Sounds kind of cool. Wish I could stop by tonight, but I will not have the time. Let me know how it goes...ok?

RJ
    Can you keep a secret?
    So can I!

Is the chat still going on?
    Illusionists get Las Vegas contracts; Magicians get burned.
    http://twitter.com/AlexTheInsane

I'll have to give this a shot some week.

Quote Originally Posted by RJohnson View Post
    Sounds kind of cool. Wish I could stop by tonight, but I will not have the time. Let me know how it goes...ok?

RJ
    Thanks RJ!
    I would love to see you stop by sometime bro!
    JM

I tried messaging sinfule on how to join the chat, but no reply. So it looks like I'll hopefully join friday.
    Illusionists get Las Vegas contracts; Magicians get burned.
    http://twitter.com/AlexTheInsane

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Pie View Post
    I tried messaging sinfule on how to join the chat, but no reply. So it looks like I'll hopefully join friday.
    Sorry about that, I wasn't at my computer at the time. Doesn't matter though. Chat ended when you started trying to message me. Message me or JM on Friday and we'll get you in.

-Doug

Roughly how many people get involved with the chats?
    Sounds like fun, I will have to check that out sometime.

-Stuart-

Quote Originally Posted by BigStu View Post
    Roughly how many people get involved with the chats?
    Sounds like fun, I will have to check that out sometime.

-Stuart-
    We usually get a good amount. Can't give you a number though. Pretty big though.

-Doug

http://blog.ellusionist.com/justin-m...ts-live-chats/ Blogged! Thank you Joe Hadshall for the blog post.

Tonight's chat will be at the same time, 10 PM EST over at tokbox. It was great to see some new people over there last time! If you guys need any help joining, just make a post here.

Also, every Friday night is Hat Night. I am not kidding. If you don't wear a hat to chat, we will all yell and scream at you.

Hope to see many more of you on the chat tonight! See you there.

-Doug

Hey everyone. I regret to say that Justin won't be on the chat tonight. I'm sure whatever the reason is, it is important considering the chat just got put on the blog and he was pretty excited about that. Hopefully he'll be on tomorrow. Many apologies from him.

Despite this, we will still have our chat. Same time. The only difference is that Justin won't be there.

To participate in tonight's chat, please add Jack Webster as a friend here. http://www.tokbox.com/jackwebster

Then just start a conversation with him and he will connect you with the rest of the chat.

Once again, Justin apologizes for this.

-Doug