Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    Jason Brumbalow's Avatar :: Creator : Pure Smoke

TAGGED by Richard Ferguson | Q & A

As always we are proud for such esteemed professionals as Rich Ferguson to swing by and grace our halls.

Rich has agreed to do some Q & A with everyone regarding his new effect "Tagged" that will launch on Dec 3rd.

Check out the Teaser (trailer coming soon)
    http://www.ellusionist.com/category/...ch-ferguson.do

Rich, thanks again and you now have the mic.
    Jason "JBone" Brumbalow

http://www.facebook.com/jason.brumbalow
    twitter.com/jasonbrumbalow

"Guided by a force much greater than luck."

Saw this preview on the Frozen DVD.
    Looks astounding.
    Can't wait.
    http://philkop.deviantart.com/

Ironically the name is exactly the same has the dog tag effect by Richard Sanders.
    Magic is something that only John Madden can do with a tube of tough acting tenactin.

I watched it 8 times and couldn't figure out the method. Great trick guys!

Jason Brumbalow's Avatar :: Creator : Pure Smoke
    The Tagged name was an oversight on our part as we were producing Tagged and Frozen at the same time. Both of which had same named effects on the market.

It's regrettable that we hit the same name, but I called Richard Sanders and everything is cool.
    Jason "JBone" Brumbalow

http://www.facebook.com/jason.brumbalow
    twitter.com/jasonbrumbalow

"Guided by a force much greater than luck."

It's not a problem.. It's just kind of funny and they both have the same sort of "effect" You use a dog tag in one and in the other you "tag" the name of anything on a persons arm or whatever.

This one looks pretty awesome.

One thing tho this whole body art type magic seems to be a trend. Andrew Mayne has an effect where you do the same thing on your own arm. Then there is Tattoo Joe and now this.

Anywho, I wonder how impromptu this is.
    Magic is something that only John Madden can do with a tube of tough acting tenactin.

do you ever touch the spectator?

is there some sort of gimmick? if so, can you build it yourself or does it come with the DVD?

this looks SO SICK.

cant wait for the reviews

Hey Rich I seen a video of you doing this on youtube a while ago to some bombshell news lady and it looked great. Can you name a few effects possible with it? thanks!
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetalholic View Post
    do you ever touch the spectator?

is there some sort of gimmick? if so, can you build it yourself or does it come with the DVD?

this looks SO SICK.

cant wait for the reviews
    You might have forgotten about some questions:

- Touch the spec?
    - Gimmick?
    - Hard to make?
    - Comes wrapped for the holidays?
    - Can you talk to them before hand?
    - Can you talk to them afterward?
    - Can you remain silent?
    - Is it sticky, is it gooey will it stain my jacket?
    - Is it fair, perhaps you are 5 feet from the target.
    - Is it the best effect in the world?
    - Then, can you do it while not moving?
    - Can you not have to do anything?
    - Can you act like your doing something and still not have to?
    - Yes? Awesome trick.

Besides that I'd like to step out of the way for now and check out this hard hitting stuff.

Lucky for you I layed the groundwork.
    Last edited by Sir FansAlot; 11-26-2008 at 01:20 AM.

i'm excited about this one. i'm actually the one in the trailer that yells, "holy craps." they got the serial number off a dollar to go onto my arm so i'm sure there's a lot you can do with this.

one thing though is that i don't remember being touched ever.

What will the price range of the trick be?

Goudinov's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite
    :: "Black and Golden Guy"
    :: Gauntlet winner

Holy dang Cow... Rich Ferguson is an Ellusionist artist. This should send Ellusionist-haters into a tizzy.

If there's anyone here who doesn't know who Rich is, then I encourage you to visit his website: http://www.richferguson.com/

Rich is a Master Magician and would be a great influence for any magician out there wondering if there's anything more to magic than a deck of cards. He has a very engaging and relaxed style of magic that makes the magic look absolutely natural: almost as if he had nothing to do with the magic itself, yet remained in complete control of it.

Welcome, Rich!
    E-Forum Moderator
    Specializing in storytelling, artistry, and believability

wow I saw this a while ago and I was amazed!!

hey ...nice trick...

Questions:

- will it be available as download?
    - If there is a setup.. how long can it be setup before performing the trick? is there a time limit or anything like that?
    - price?!!?
    - If there is a gimmick...can it be made or does it come with the trick?
    - is the gimmick hard to make?
    - Difficulty Level?
    - Setup time?
    - can you use any book?

Thanks,

b-ball-1:)

Elite Member
    I'm curious as to what is actually used to write on the spectators arm. I don't mean the gimmick that's used, but the "ink". Does it wash off easily?

Is there any restriction with the letters/numbers that can be used to perform Tagged? Can pictures be used also?

I noticed that white and black "ink" was used on the spectators. Can any color be used?

Does an effect have to be performed prior to this for the purpose of whatever set-up may be required? Such as, does it need to be routined with another effect(s) to be able to accomplish the outcome?

Does the reveal have to be on the spectator's forearm? Or can it be done in other areas, such as their hand?

Thanks

-Dave-
    "Beliefs not only affect judgments and behavior, but can even distort what we see" David Lewis

Rich Ferguson's Avatar :: Creator
    - This is Mentalism
    - Tagged
    - Serial Biller

Hello E boys and girls... Here's a copy of something I sent to another forum to ease some thoughts... I', just going to paste it here in full and then take some time to try to answer the many questions...

"Greetings folks,

This is your truly, Rich Ferguson and I'm going to answer questions, etc in the E forum sine they have packaged this very anticipated effect. Listen, don't quickly jump onto some "ripping off name" attacks...

Since there are some serious workers in here, I'll tip off right now that this dvd will be packed with mentalism, techniques on original book test, reverse contact reading and very clever impromptu work. I'm guessing after the release, people will be talking about the awesome content that can be used without any "tagging" at all. The methods for writing on people without them knowing is just the tip of the iceberg. Again, to be clear, this is loaded with my very own favorite and original mentalism techniques. I think writing on someone for no reason is quite missing the point and I'll be disappointed if someone out there just writes on someone and says "look on your stomach, I wrote something!"... Expect for maybe your phone number;) So, the best way to give this dvd full value is to include tons of ways to force, predict, read, gather info, manipulate, do psychological tests to enhance your experience, etc with a spectator. This, perhaps, should have been a set of dvds. I'm heading over to the E site right now as the guys have set up a thread.

(I'll just add one more important tidbit that the previews are no likely to express... There are some real reputations makers that I've included- like my signature effect with the dictionary. This type of stuff should have been saved for it's own dvd but we've included it to make this Tagged dvd a mentalist resource for all levels. The dictionary effect is sick... imagine telling one spectator to think of something, then have another riffle though a dictionary (even there own from a house), stop anywhere, then point at a freaking word... and that word they point to is the word the other person is thinking! Of course, the icing on the cake is that someone you pick is actually written on with the correct word as well.. I wont get into it here, but there are different reveals that fit right in for the Tagged portion. For those who master this, you'll be doing at every show. This original technique of mine is given in this dvd and can easily be used to locate words in any borrowed newspaper, magazine, etc. This is way different than some gimmick, key page, miscall, etc... I'm sort of rambling, but I want to be clear about the quality/content of this dvd. When I was a finalist on Phenomenon, the producers and assistants told me that there were only 3 effects they have come across that really impress them. This is it. As you know, I didn't make it beyond the top 15 as my personal style was way to intimate for the shows final direction... but not lacking the impact.)

Take it easy for now and keep your heads cool about the accusations. Remember, I've been doing tagged for 15 years. I'd rather there not be two "tagged" coming out the same day, but I have to deal with it too. Richard and I (Rich) are cool and are excited about the release of the effects. It is nuts that we are both "Rich" to boot! What are the odds?

My best, R"

Now, I'm all yours here at E and am looking forward to fielding some thoughts for you all.
    Last edited by Rich Ferguson; 11-26-2008 at 02:48 PM.
    RichFerguson.com
    + http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rich-Ferguson-Magic-Comedy-Mentalism/174002521407