+ Reply to Thread
    :: Elite Member
    :: The Joker

Frozen Review - Gambit Style

While surfing the web in my bathing suit a year or two back, I stumbled across a man who claimed the ability to freee a coin by blowing on it. After double checking that my chain was not being pulled by my dog, I watched the preview. I was blown away, I then sent an email asking when he was going Frostbite, the email said "Hey, when are you going to release Frostbite?" He replied with soon.

I forgot about the effect over time until one day I discovered a new effect on Ellusionist called BentTouchSlink. When checking to see when it was going to be released, I found that it was already released but a new effect took it's place, Frozen. Upon closer examination, I found it to be that very same effect that I discovered some time ago!

Honestly, I have been trying to write this review for three hours, finally, a bagel, two xmen episodes, a scrubs episode, 3 glasses of milk and a cigarette later, I can finally write the review.

Frozen, well, you've seen the previews. It is honestly just as nice as in the video's. Not much is really taken away by the trailer.

The teaching, Grace is a great teacher, I enjoyed him, but he seemed to drone on a little bit. Very thorough, no questions asked afterward. I hope he teaches other bits in the future.

Gimmick. Well, it's interesting. It's not like an m5 that can be used for many things, but the same thing in a lot of ways, if that makes sense. If it doesn't, too bad.

Also, there are two types of the gimmick. One easier than the other, but if you take the time, I think you have gold on your hands, or on your breath...which ever is the better pun for the effect.

The performances are really great. It's nice to see a guy who thinks his performances through.

I'd give the video like an 8 or 9 out of 10, just because I was not dissappointed at all by the video.

Go and buy it, it's awesome
    Remember, you cannot have Slaughter without Laughter

:: Mentor

Yo Gambit, how versatile is this effect? Or a more direct question, could the gimmick be used for things that frostbite could be used for? Dropping the temperature on a thermometer and "cool"ing effects like that?

Or is Frozen a less versatile effect?

~Beans
    Ars Est Vita

Art is life.

:: Elite Member
    :: The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by beans25 View Post
    Yo Gambit, how versatile is this effect? Or a more direct question, could the gimmick be used for things that frostbite could be used for? Dropping the temperature on a thermometer and "cool"ing effects like that?

Or is Frozen a less versatile effect?

~Beans
    Actually, in theory, yes, it is very versatile. If you can think of it, you can do it.
    Remember, you cannot have Slaughter without Laughter

So it may not come like that, but I can "tweak" the gimmick for the results?

~Beans
    Ars Est Vita

Art is life.

Quote Originally Posted by beans25 View Post
    So it may not come like that, but I can "tweak" the gimmick for the results?

~Beans
    You are more or less changing the application of the "gimmick"

Got it.

Thank you guys for your answers.

*adds to cart*

~Beans
    Ars Est Vita

Art is life.

Would it be possible, with the gimmick used in "Frozen", to freeze other objects. Objects like, one that was going through my mind was a cigarette. Or maybe liquid, or pen, bottle caps, et cetera.
    http://philkop.deviantart.com/

Elite Member
    Yes, other things besides a coin can be frozen. Adam on the DVD even mentions that he was going around freezing playing cards and such when he got his first prototype for Frozen/Frostbite, that and from what is shown on the video, you can freeze a napkin. I haven't tried it, but with that in mind, I'm 99.9% sure you can freeze a cigarette. The only thing that may be a slight issue, is the visibility of it being frozen. It may not be as visual as watching a coin freeze.

-Dave-
    "Beliefs not only affect judgments and behavior, but can even distort what we see" David Lewis

Will the gimmick last? With proper care? Or you have to buy refills... etc?
    HI

It will last a while. You can buy it at the store which is why it has a download option. I got mine for $4.99. I'm still working the kinks out to get the effect and performance right but overall great effect. You will need refills but its cheap so it wont matter.

And yes, great teaching on the dvd. I was dissapointed by "The Gecko" dvd, but this one was awesome.