+ Reply to Thread
    desmit6's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite

Frozen - 1st Impressions

Hey guys!

Here are my first impressions of Frozen for you...

In short - flippin cool!
    Ok, ok - a bit more.

I want to start by saying that these are my first impressions only. I have NOT performed this effect yet, but plan to in a couple of weeks when I add it to a routine I've been working out.
    I received an early release - though a review, good or bad, was not a condition.
    It's my choice to review or not.
    I think I will :-) I'm not going to go too deep into this. I want to save some for after I've performed it. Goudinov has done a great job of hitting many of the details so I won't go there.

The idea is really brilliant. I've been working on a routine that involves affecting nature or naturally occurring things we're all familiar with.
    Fire, Gravity, Energy, PK, etc... and now, Ice.
    Fits my thoughts perfectly!

This is something that will take a bit of work to pull off successfully - but it's within reach of most.
    You DO NOT just run downstairs and say "Hey Mom! Check this out!"
    You need to build to it and have your specs on your side and believing in YOU before you whip this bad boy out. I wouldn't use this as a stand alone or hit and run effect. It's needs a home in your routine to give it justice.
    Presentation is key. YOU have to believe what's going on here - and you will. You will make them believe.
    There is some set-up - but not bad or too time consuming (more than one are covered and while one is more involved - it's my personal favorite and worth the effort.)

As you've seen in the preview - there is a version in a napkin with a borrowed quarter and a "hands free" version - no napkin. Both are covered in detail. While the basics of the effect are the same, pulling them off couldn't be more different. Each very achievable, but different in their setups and execution. Both brilliant.

Give this effect the time and practice it deserves, and you have a reputation maker on your hands.
    It truly looks like magic even after knowing the secret. Visually stunning, extremely so .... and I've seen it all - or thought I had. It's really a fun and exciting concept - and is open to your own creativity too. You're not limited to the routines Adam teaches. Can't WAIT to experiment with this!

Good luck!

Dave
    MS and FB: ConfrontTheImpossible

"Master before moving on"

How in the name of the Zeus do you have it already? I thought it's not getting released till tomorrow.
    Magic is something that only John Madden can do with a tube of tough acting tenactin.

Thanks for the impressions!

I'm really pumped for this trick. This just excited me more. It's so close to being released!

Brad Christian's Avatar :: Founder / President
    :: Ellusionist

Moderators and Elites got it as an early Christmas present.
    Brad.
    Ellusionist

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Christian View Post
    I never subscribed to those naming conventions. Maybe I should have.

But then again maybe I.... shouldn't have. Mentalism at it's best.
    Last edited by Sir FansAlot; 11-18-2008 at 03:21 AM.

Sonicstabber's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Prez & CEO, Nutsacks Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Christian View Post
    And we love you dearly for it:P.

I will review it post 20th of november, but it did take me away from study time to try and find my jaw on the floor among my notes. Extremely well thought out effect, and extremely well done in terms of video quality.

More to come.

Eddie
    Australia: 45 degree weather, still wearing a beanie.

Rip Off Shipping

I was about to purchase this DVD

The Problem is I am in the UK and I would like to Know why when all other Magic sites charge about $10 to ship a single DVD

Ellusionist charge $25 !!!!

The Shipping cost is very light for 1 DVD even amazon charge less

Why Ellusionist has to make sutch a Hugh profit on shipping or maybe they are only intrested in US Customers

Rabidpuppies's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite

Quote Originally Posted by jingles1 View Post
    I was about to purchase this DVD

The Problem is I am in the UK and I would like to Know why when all other Magic sites charge about $10 to ship a single DVD

Ellusionist charge $25 !!!!

The Shipping cost is very light for 1 DVD even amazon charge less

Why Ellusionist has to make sutch a Hugh profit on shipping or maybe they are only intrested in US Customers

Whilst i can understand your frustration, the shipping costs are, what the shipping costs are. Until Ellusionist decides to change them.,..that's what we've got to play with. My advice to you would be to hold off until the DVD becomes available somewhere else or, better still, get the download...no shipping.

Rabid
    Ellusionist Systems Model: 101