Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    Jason Brumbalow's Avatar :: Creator : Pure Smoke

FROZEN by Adam Grace

Previously known as Frostbite, this effect has been on the shelf for over 3 years. Recently Adam Grace and Brad Christian found the holy grail they had been searching for. A street-ready method to blow frost onto a borrowed quarter and freeze it while completely surrounded by spectators.

http://www.ellusionist.com/category/...+adam+grace.do

The street performances have proved that there's something that makes you dark and powerful to your crowd when you literally FREEZE their borrowed quarter, and the frost slowly moves across the face of the coin.

Great job, Adam.
    Jason "JBone" Brumbalow

http://www.facebook.com/jason.brumbalow
    twitter.com/jasonbrumbalow

"Guided by a force much greater than luck."

This seems pretty interesting. I'll be interested to see the reviews once it's released. :)

Rabidpuppies's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite

Man...

I remember seeing the demo on Adam's site years ago and thinking i wouldn't mind getting my hands on it. To know that it has been improved makes it even more appealing. Looks super cool...can't wait.

I know I'm gonna' have to...but I don't want to.

Petulant much?

You betcha'.

Rabid Out
    Ellusionist Systems Model: 101

Wasn't this like $300 when Adam released it?
    I also thought there were safety issues...?
    "My father was a magician, he'd walk down the street and turn into a pub." -Gazzo

It looks very interesting but does it really deserve it's own DVD? Think about the effect. The EFFECT. What the audience sees is all that matters.

Effect: You blow on a quarter and it gets cold.

Cool? Yes. But I can't imagine this being like Stigmata (which is a perfect example of an effect that truly deserves it's own DVD). I know that the presentation of a trick is really all that matters, but I'm sort of on the line with this one. Where would you put that into a routine?

Rabidpuppies's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Sands View Post
    Where would you put that into a routine?
    Obviously, I don't know how this thing works, but I've been thinking about coin bends.

For instance: say you were dribbling on about how it's impossible to bend a coin blah blah blah but if you heat it up it becomes pliable dribble dribble nonsense. So you work yourself up, rubbing that little disc for all it's worth and then bend it to prove your point and everyone goes wild...whatever.

You're left with a bent coin, bent because metal that's heated bends. But what happens to metal when it's subjected to extreme cold temperatures? That's right...it breaks. So you freeze another borrowed coin to prove the point, then either snap the coin in two, or use it as a lead in to a coin bite...giving the bite a logical reason for being possible.

Rabid Out
    Ellusionist Systems Model: 101

RJohnson's Avatar :: Moderator Emeritus
    :: Ellusionist
    :: President, More Posts Than Anyone Else Club

...and that

is the reason for the DVD. Not everyone has the creative mind that Rabid does, and not everyone can figure out what to do with a coin that gets frosty. Sands makes that evident with his comment:

Effect: You blow on a quarter and it gets cold.
    I guess you could do that all night long and not really amaze anyone. Or you could put your creative genius to work on a cool (pun intended) routine...or, you could put some of the creative genius that goes into these DVDs to work for you.

Ellusionist could sell this to you as a stand-alone without any DVD, and charge the same for it...you would never even know! Instead, they invest a considerable amount of time and money into this project to bring you what E is known for...

Mind Blowing Mind Numbing Mind Transforming Mind Boggling

Magic
    Can you keep a secret?
    So can I!

You know this could be taken the coin bite into something else. We've all seen coin bends. But imagine breaking the coin in half after freezing it.
    Magic is something that only John Madden can do with a tube of tough acting tenactin.

RJohnson's Avatar :: Moderator Emeritus
    :: Ellusionist
    :: President, More Posts Than Anyone Else Club

Or the Karate coin? Or...well, just follow that line of thought.

RJ
    Can you keep a secret?
    So can I!

More and more I come to realize that it's not the effect, it's the presentation that creates the impact.
    Job 13:15
    Pro 24:3-4

Forgot to mention, or ask this. I wonder if this be done while the quarter/coin is resting in someone else's hands?
    Job 13:15
    Pro 24:3-4

Quote Originally Posted by tian_ci View Post
    Wasn't this like $300 when Adam released it?
    I also thought there were safety issues...?
    The price for Frostbite was 250 + shipping. However I'm guessing that whatever "The Holy Grail" that Brad and Adam found has allowed for a more practical method that will make the price cheaper.
    Matthew Martin
    magicman_19992000@yahoo.com

If somebody asks how you did that. Just pull out a pack of Double Mint gum and say that it made you're breath minty fresh.

If you've got some fire type effects on you, could go into a presentation about controlling the elements of nature.
    Magic is something that only John Madden can do with a tube of tough acting tenactin.

True, you could put together a routine around the theme of controling the elements Fire, water, ice, wind/breath.
    Matthew Martin
    magicman_19992000@yahoo.com

Xntrix's Avatar :: Team Ellusionist
    :: Elite Member
    :: Aussie Adonis

I can see this as perfect bar magic.

You're drink's getting lukewarm, you don't want to go to the bar and ask for more ice... because that's just cheap, so instead you pull a handfull of quarters out of your pocket blow on them, and drop them into your drink.

Instant 'on the rocks'.

Speculating here, but if this can be applied to quarters, I'm guessing it's not much of a stretch to apply it to other objects too. Suddenly sky's the limit in terms of creativity.

Glad to see this re-released, and backed by E. Can't wait for the next one from Adam either.

JS.
    I have no use for people who have learned the limits of the possible.