Page 1 of 2
1 2 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread

Most hard hitting tricks.

Hi Everybody,

First off, I want to know the names of tricks that you get the most unbelievable reactions out of. Mine are Stigmata, Chance Zero, tivo 2.0, david blaines card switch, two card monte, and Big Deal.
    Last edited by Jason.Michael; 10-26-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Removed YouTube link

Pretty good

I liked that, but instead of two red aces, try a joker or blanks, something very different than the two black aces. Also, one question, would the spectator be able to sign the card? Most hard hitting effect, has to be spongeballs. #1 Because its something that isn't suspicious at all. #2 Because it happens in their hands.

Bryce9
    ::::..:..:..:...(((((<<<-----Are you watching closely?----->)))))...:..:..:..::::

yes the card can definitely be signed but thats a good tip with the jokers or blanks

Jason.Michael's Avatar :: Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by speedypetey64 View Post
    Hi Everybody,

First off, I want to know the names of tricks that you get the most unbelievable reactions out of. Mine are Stigmata, Chance Zero, tivo 2.0, david blaines card switch, two card monte, and Big Deal.
    Welcome to Ellusionist!

I removed the YouTube link you posted because we do not allow those links in the General Forum. Good news, though - we have a special forum that you can post videos of yourself (including the YouTube link), and you'll get more response there.

Here's the Media section of Ellusionist: http://forums.ellusionist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Make sure to read the special rules before posting. I promise you'll get more feedback if you post it in there.

Ever learn anything from Jay Sankey? I love performing his "Back in Time" routine as my opener. It absolutely kills - and I love the way it ends. Totally impromtu and uses a normal deck. You can find it on his Sankey-Tized video series.

arvindj227's Avatar :: Lead Moderator
    :: Ellusionist
    :: Carmen Sandiego's soulmate

Delft, The Netherlands / Hasselt, Belgium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.Michael View Post
    Ever learn anything from Jay Sankey? I love performing his "Back in Time" routine as my opener. It absolutely kills - and I love the way it ends. Totally impromtu and uses a normal deck. You can find it on his Sankey-Tized video series.

You performed it for me! :)

Cheers,

AJ
    An artist makes the difficult look easy and a showman makes the easy look spectacular.

Ellusionist Lead Moderator
    http://arvindjshankar.com

Bijlogg's Avatar Elite Member
    I'm going to say Galaxy or any decent variant of Out of this World.

The biddle trick and also a decent version of triumph (there are so many!) will also really hit hard.

Tom

Triumph, OOTW, a full deck color change.
    I've been playing around with full deck color changes for a while now, it's so easy to convince the spectators of the "fake" color, if you know what I mean. I think if they're not looking for it, they're never going to see it !
    "Astonishment is here to stay" - PH

Jason.Michael's Avatar :: Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by arvindj227 View Post

You performed it for me! :)

Cheers,

AJ
    Yes! And I think you liked it.

Brandon Sheffield's Avatar :: Elite Member
    Jay Sankey's Back in Time is great, and I use Derren Browns version of Out of this World. I get great reactions from Ed Marlo's Estimation Aces, I do that right before I go into Marlo/Gardner's poker deal, it kills.

Thats just to name a few, I know most people do not like threads like this, only because there are probably about 300 more just like it, but every once in a while some one will mention some effect that I have forgotten or gave up on, and it will either remind me of it or get me to start practicing it again.

Brandon
    If you don't like to practice, for God sakes try a different hobby. - Dai Vernon

wflonta's Avatar Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.Michael View Post

Funny you mention Sankey, I just ordered 2 more of his DVD's yesterday to add to my collection of his off the wall antics.

If you want off the wall reaction, I highly recomend The Web by Jim Pace. It might not be the reactions you are looking for, but with Halloween coming, it hits the spot.

Bill F.
    Every Artist was first an amateur. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

billsproject.com

My favorites are most definitely Swami gimmick, Touching on Hoy, Wounded, and Liquid Metal.

Swami Gimmick can be used for so many different tricks and makes people believe either I can make them say it or I can predict the future. Touching on Hoy is risky but this is by far my favorite trick and is just to cool to use.

Wounded is just one of those tricks that could either shake their reality or put them to believe you harmed yourself in someway. Liquid Metal has been labelled as the neatest looking trick, I perform it very clean and I just love it so much that I ran out of forks in a week or two.

One of the freakiest reactions I have got was from my father. After 4 years of dummy testing magic on him I didn't think I could strong reactions anymore. Like he new all the secrets. This was until I combined Mental note with the invisible deck to prove I could locate a card he was merely thinking of.

That said, for visual magic, nothing beats "Tagged"
    Cam
    .:Co-creator of Richard Sanders' 'Tagged':.

Personally i see that most spectators are in great awe when a card seems to change in front of their eyes or even in their hands. Needless to say i have loads of changes in my routines, however i use them sparingly. For example after my dream of aces i'll usually go into "mercury" or even the "invisble palm". But right after these two i'll take the ace of spades or whatever ace is chosen (more often then not its the spade) and do a little shake change to a joker and now use the joker to find their ace in my "ACR". I dont think its a matter of which effects hit the hardest for me but what kind of combination i can play on their eyes. Kinda like a speed boxer who uses everything in his arsenal to throw his oppenent off. "37"
    "Oh what a web we weave when we first practice to decieve"

Any card trick I do with a regular deck or with my tiger gaff. As long as your presentation is awesome, your reaction will always be the best!

[QUOTE=freebird363;757881

Wounded is just one of those tricks that could either shake their reality or put them to believe you harmed yourself in someway. Liquid Metal has been labelled as the neatest looking trick, I perform it very clean and I just love it so much that I ran out of forks in a week or two. [/QUOTE]

I love wounded, I performed for some friends and they were left completely speechless, one of them still thinks I have actual magical powers.