The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
+ Reply to Thread

Haunted pack by Jonny V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Z_MaIkn9w

3rd street in Santa Monica.

-Kaveh aka Jonny V
    Adidas stole our slogan: "Impossible is nothing"...those jerks.....

Finally great to see someone out performing. One thing about the haunted pack is be more open about putting it in the pack, you can let her put the card in if you wanted to. I'd like to see more, good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Theblue1 View Post
    Finally great to see someone out performing. One thing about the haunted pack is be more open about putting it in the pack, you can let her put the card in if you wanted to. I'd like to see more, good work.
    Yeah, youre right. My reservation about that was I was using a red deck of Bikes, so I didnt wanna dribble and have to approach her with the deck split open. Had I been using a black deck I wouldve done that. Thanks for watching.

-Kaveh aka Jonny V
    Last edited by Sonicstabber; 08-27-2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: exposure

Slow it down a bit bro.

It seems like you were worrying so much that they would see the gimmick that you rushed the effect. Don't talk when you have your hands around the deck. Stay quiet. Slowly start the deck cutting. Slowly make the card pop out of the deck.

Makes the magic, but that is just one way to do it ;)

It is hard to do this type of effect in that environment. BUT it is good to do this effect, in that environment... If you slow it down, and focus on making the magic, it will make it that much better. The environment is loud, people everywhere. Bring them to another world, instead of having the perfect environment. Focus on making the magic.

Good stuff,

Keenan
    Last edited by KeenanG; 08-26-2007 at 12:53 AM.
    "An artist is someone willing to turn themselves inside out in public" - Steven Spielberg

I really think you have a knack for being comfortable with the audience, that's always good. You make them laugh and actually care to be there, kudos for that.

~michael
    Beat reality to death with a crowbar.

Dude that was nice! I do the same thing from time to time, great set up, great misdirection, good patter too. One thing though, are your pants too short, or are your shorts too long?(j/k)

-BIGBENCH.

Jonny V ... I really really liked that ... I think the more you do it the more comfortable you will get ... I think the advice given allready is solid... You should slow it down and relax ..Let the MAGIC happen... you have the chops to pull it off , believe that you do and be in control... Watch it again and watch the faces of your spectators...THAT is why we do this !! ..You got those "Astonished" reactions ... You took them "there" ...Excellent work and please keep taking it to the streets .. That was fun to watch ... I really am looking forward to more Videos... Thanks Brother ..
    "The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us."

Thanks for the comments guys.

Keenan - Good advice man. I'll try it slower next time.

Color - Thanks bro, I really have become comfortable with the audience, and I like to focus on them having a good time.

BigBench - My shorts are too long haha...I make it look good though right? =)

Maxxx - More videos on the way, glad you liked it bro.

-Kaveh aka Jonny V

3rd st. Promenade is a great place to do walkaround. I could swear I knew one of those girls you were performing for. Great job man, looking forward to more videos.

Great performance, V! That was hot!

It's great to see performances on the street. More of us should post street magic vids. . .
    ~like a burglar that can't get away, I must go on miserably burgling the same house day after day~

Fansalot - yeah it is...where are you from in CA?

Fubintien - Thanks a lot man. I'd like to see more street performances from everyone as well.

-Kaveh aka Jonny V