Page 5 of 8
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    You might use magic to spark her interest in you, but if all she is staying for is the magic, then it's a doomed relationship. "Magic" and relationships don't faro well together.
    your shaking seems to hinder every grasp
    that i have found~

I don't know if this is in time, but how about Mercury, with all heart cards to start out (see if she gets it) and then change it to blank cards with "Will you go to the dance with me?" written on them.

Magic Katie's Avatar Elite Member
    Uh...

I know this probably isn't the most information jam packed post on this thread. I'm not going to list tricks and places to learn them and patter lines or anything like that. All I'm going to say is... don't do it. Just leave magic out of the picture for now. Maybe it's because I am a magician myself, but APPROACHING a girl and doing magic for her then hoping you will get a date with her is not a good idea and wouldn't work on me. I can almost promise it won't work for anyone else either, unless they already really like you.

You'll have much better luck doing regular magic and attracting a crowd, and hoping she see's you in the crowd. But seriously, save the "romantic" magic for later (and some girls will think thats cheezy and will never like it). Trust me, if you use magic to ask a girl out it's going to be SO obvious that you're using it as a crutch.

Just don't do it.

Katie

right

Quote Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
    Just my opinion: calling a girl hot is kind of degrading and they like it better when they are called beautiful rather than pretty or hot or sexy.

I know this isn't the topic, but he's right about not calling a girl hot.

Nate
    Last edited by gutterpipe451; 03-15-2007 at 06:42 PM.

Steerpike's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Katie View Post
    Trust me, if you use magic to ask a girl out it's going to be SO obvious that you're using it as a crutch.

Just don't do it.

Katie
    This is more or less what I was trying to get at. You can use magic as an icebreaker, but don't foolishly think that it will do the real work for you.
    Professional Magician
    http://twitter.com/#!/DrAVornoff
    witchinghourproductions.com/

RJohnson's Avatar :: Moderator Emeritus
    :: Ellusionist
    :: President, More Posts Than Anyone Else Club

Uh...

Just don't do it.

Katie
    Hahahaha...the anti-Nike.

RJ
    Can you keep a secret?
    So can I!

ScottBaird's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite Member
    :: Closet Card Genius

My boss at the magic shop used Kevin James's Floating Rose when he asked his wife to marry him... they've now been married happily for years. So although it does sound cheezy, I guess sometimes, it works.

Just be sure you really, REALLY know your audience. ;)

Scott.
    Professional Coin Magician and student
    Currently listening to Jay-Z
    Artist (literally)

Quote Originally Posted by RJohnson View Post
    Hahahaha...the anti-Nike.

RJ
    Ha ha.

Katie is right though. Magic isn't or shouldn't be solely used for just getting into a relationship. Now, all the stuff that goes into getting a girlfriend or getting into a relationship in general I can't help you with since that is your personality, not mines. I guess magic can be used as an icebreaker like Steerpike said, depends on the opposite sex's appeal to it I guess.

:.:Kryptonite:.:
    "Me fail english?...That's unpossible." - Ralph Wiggum

Uh...

I know this probably isn't the most information jam packed post on this thread. I'm not going to list tricks and places to learn them and patter lines or anything like that. All I'm going to say is... don't do it. Just leave magic out of the picture for now. Maybe it's because I am a magician myself, but APPROACHING a girl and doing magic for her then hoping you will get a date with her is not a good idea and wouldn't work on me. I can almost promise it won't work for anyone else either, unless they already really like you.

You'll have much better luck doing regular magic and attracting a crowd, and hoping she see's you in the crowd. But seriously, save the "romantic" magic for later (and some girls will think thats cheezy and will never like it). Trust me, if you use magic to ask a girl out it's going to be SO obvious that you're using it as a crutch.

Just don't do it.

Katie
    I AGREE 100%. DON'T DO IT!
    One death is a tragadey, One million is a statistic

In all honesty, i wouldn't use a single trick to get a girl. I've done bar magic (well did) for a couple months straight on the weekends. When I did it, i did it for everybody in the bars. The girls all just came to check it out and in turn took interest in me because i could amaze them.

my advice, just do magic for everyone, and then incorporate her on a trick. If you want "a trick" to do.. just do something with her signing a card... then at the end take the card to show everyone, then do a card switch to a card with like you're number on it (to be corny) and then whisper to her to not look at the card until the end of the night. Pending on when she looks at it, she may or may not call you. No biggy. Just don't let it get to you if she doesn't. Just act like normal. And then at school the next day or whenever do magic for people and see if she comes to watch, if she does. she's interested in what you do and probably wants to find out more about who you are. And then it's all on your shoulders.
    Nathan

"hehe.. he's funny 'cause i don't know him" -Homer J. Simpson

Just do a simple color change with the words, "Will you go to the dance with me?" on it.

Peace,

Henry
    Nothing is Impossible

I have advice. Yeah I know its rare that I do. haha

If your going to ask out a girl, dont involve magic in it. Unless she knows before hand you are a magician and seems interested in your magic.

If not. Then man up and say "I was wondering if you would like to hang out sometime, so we can get to know each other" Or something to that nature.

Using magic to ask a girl out, seems very "cheesy" persay. There are other words, but thats the one that really hits the nail on the head. Now if you are in a relationship with a girl, and she asks to see a trick, then yes by all means, have her sign a card, then make her signuture turn into the words " I love you" or something to that nature.

But again. Please dont use the art of magic to ask a girl out. Man up and use the old fasion words "will you go out with me" or something to that nature again.

Ray C

P.S- If Im not mistaking those old fasion words came out around Bethea's time? hahahhahahaha. Got Ya!

Man Im going to hear it from him now!
    Its ok for people to respect you, but when they fear you, you know you have the power.

Quote Originally Posted by gutterpipe451 View Post
    I know this isn't the topic, but he's right wbout not caooling a girl hot.

Nate

I don't think so - totally depends on the girl, and the context that you say it in. Just like anything else.

MagicKatie also hit the nail on the head with the idea of magic as a crutch. It makes you look more desperate than mysterious - and that is definitely not a good thing.

RD
    All things are hidden, obscure and debatable if the cause of the phenomena be unknown-Louis Pasteur

Double post sorry. R:U
    Last edited by Registered User; 03-15-2007 at 05:10 PM.
    It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver.
    ~Niccolo Machiavelli

Hey, you can just do what the kids did when I was in school.

Get a red Camaro, a leather or denim jacket, doesn't matter, both are cool.
    Pick up some Van Halen concert tickets, David Lee, NOT Sammy, Sammy's not cool.
    And learn how to play Stairway to Heaven on the electric guitar.

Now that's how to get a girl!
    It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver.
    ~Niccolo Machiavelli