Results 31 to 45 of 52
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst ... 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Closed Thread
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Antigonish, Canada
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by cp View Post
    Medic, E team members have blatantly said that an item was removed because it was "sitting on the shelf."
    Ahem.. and to quote myself

    If they don't think it fits the E repetoire they take it out, not because of sales ALL THE TIME.
    Ominus tu difficultas iuncto palam magus populus ne obliviscaris pro eo mundus vult decipi.

  2. #32
    :: Elite
    :: Comedian > >

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    1,076
    Ellusionist is a business. So is the competition. The difference? Ellusionist actually keeps the customers satisfaction in mind when making decisions.
    Zach Smith

  3. #33
    Brad Christian's Avatar :: Founder / President
    :: Ellusionist ®

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,705
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbowmanjr View Post
    I think Ellusionist fits a certain niche within the magic marketplace. They are not a wholesale warehouse where you can get everything from A-Z, there are a handful of sites out there already doing this with an established customer base. I think, and I am just guessing here, that when E came into the market they realized they had to bring something new and something unique to the table, which they have done with their own productions and collaborations.

    There are a few items here you can get everywhere else such as IT, magicians wax, cards, accessories, coins, etc. These items usually compliment the effects/dvd's that are in productioni here already so that the customers can just get everything they need for an effect they purchased on Ellusionist in one order. I have had to go outside of Ellusionist for a handful of items so far, mainly for a few select books and discontinued DVD's.

    Personally I like that the site is not cluttered with every single product known to the magic world =)

    Yes. We don't aim to be a warehouse but as far from it as possible. Creators and suppliers have a very hard time getting anything onto this site at this point, and in the last two months it has become far harder. We are ten times stricter on what we put up for sale.

    That doesn't mean a product is no good. It MAY be no good, in our eyes... or it may just not fit what we are trying to do on Ellusionist. There's no need to come out with scads of new things. There IS a need to come out with innovative, great, and useful items for our cusomters. Things they want to see and things we KNOW they will love to use.

    By definition, a retail business doesn't care. If something is popular, ONTO the shelf it goes! They are IN business to sell. But if you notice, we've taken several VERY popular things OFF the shelf recently (ie, Warning, and Shoelaces for starters). We've probably dropped about 70-100 SKUs in the last two months alone. We care, and we're also perfectionists - all of us.

    So, you will indeed see a VERY specialized business here. One that cares, one that answers you and takes care of you with lightning speed. And one that listens to you, always. In a sense, we listen SO much to what you say that much of this site and the product, and the way we do business was developed by YOU, for YOU.
    Brad.
    Ellusionist ®

  4. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Perth - Australia
    Posts
    295
    I apologize, someone else started that thread.
    “A book is a gift you can open again and again.”

  5. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Antigonish, Canada
    Posts
    304
    Funny how everyone can type till they have carpal tunnel the same point, and it's argued about. But when Brad steps in everyone has nothing to say. hah.

    Brad is just proving the point that E really is above any other business. Why? Cause the founder of the Corporation just took time out of his day to answer your thread!

    Cheers Brad and E! you've yet to let me down
    Liam
    Ominus tu difficultas iuncto palam magus populus ne obliviscaris pro eo mundus vult decipi.

  6. #36
    :: Elite
    :: Comedian > >

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    1,076
    Man, you can really hear those crickets now.
    Zach Smith

  7. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Perth - Australia
    Posts
    295
    I agree with you Brad, I was about to write something the other day about this.

    You guys are constantly taking in our opinions on things, which makes me feel like I am part of your business (obviously I am, because I purchase here), but I feel I am helping to develope E into an even better business. Here at E you welcome all our ideas and continuously run promotions and competitions..what other businesses do that? Not only that, you have the some of the best shipping and customer service. You only want the best for us, which is why E will always be my number 1.

    I could goto in to further detail, but I am sure you know where I am coming from.
    “A book is a gift you can open again and again.”

  8. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Where You Want To Be
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Smith View Post
    Man, you can really hear those crickets now.
    Thought that was another cars sound system...

    Was this summed up then?
    "RJ YOU A FOOL FOR THIS ONE? "

    ^ Can anyone tell me where that's from :) ^?

    No... it's not worth nothin towards magic...

  9. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee/United States of America
    Posts
    148
    thank you all for your posts especially those that I actually asked for (the moderators and Brads) but you have brought up some good points and I'd like to thank some of you and finally sum up the Ellusionist response to my question.
    first thank you Roy Ornelas for clearing up Ellusionist's history of dealing with ALL different magic producers.
    thank you Damien 93 for spamming three times in the post, writing in bright purple, telling us what "SUCKS!", and telling me I should just "look harder" for products that are not there.
    thank you sir fans,
    jimbowmanjr, jack berton, and Precision a lot for your insight which I DO see the reasoning behind.
    thank you gunnoman85 for slaughtering the spelling of my name.
    thank you D.A. for being sad about us discussing magic and also for that customer service tip.
    thank you Zack Smith for "that feeling in your stomach"
    Cp just reminding you that what is popular is not always what is quality. I might want to get the Magus Capsule ,and every one this side of the Himalayans might be buying one, but because it doesn’t fit together well, ellusionist might not be selling it. this is something that Zack obviously missed when he stated that he absolutely agreed with you in his next post.
    thank you Prometheus 37 for using that thing on your shoulders the others should try it sometime. (its called a head by the way.)
    thank you CP and Zack Smith for starting a idiot and pointless fight in my post and adding to the clog of your other useless posts. by the way the "problem with the forum" are NOT because members need to take control OR because of "negative posting" its because of over talkative chaps who use quantity over quality. the thing is you need a balance between quantity and quality which is what ellusionist is trying to attain I suppose. a balance that both of you sadly lack…
    thank you CardKid1989 for not even reading the topic of the post before jumping in with your opinion. this isn't a complaining thread. in fact all I wanted was a yes or no answer from ANY moderator about whether ellusionist will be stocking more items or is just slow.
    thank you Medic on page 3 for pointing out how Brad and E "answered my thread" when they did in no clear way do so.
    by the way some of those items are things like
    appearing wands, prismatronic wand, or wands of any type. who has heard of a magic shop without wands?
    Magnus Capsule but I know that there might be issues with this products quality.
    ellusionist Zippo lighters I know that is far fetched but what the heck he-he
    Vox-box
    books on crowd control and knowing the spectators mind along with psychology.
    mini cups and balls
    that’s just a few but now don’t everyone start posting what they want and E team should probably ignore my list also because the thread for Ellusionist improvements is CLOSED. at least until ellusionist can read through the 50 or so pages of user wants hehe.
    so ellusionist in conclusion I can tell you that every magician out there has a list like that sitting around somewhere and trying to make us all happy would certainly bankrupt ellusionist. so I don’t want to know if you will be stocking them. I just want to know if I should find another shop for my outrageous needs like these and just look to E for quality.
    thank you everyone and if anyone was offended by my bluntness than you can go make a post complaining about it.
    sincerely,
    Chris

  10. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Antigonish, Canada
    Posts
    304
    I can see your new to the forums.
    Read the policy on respecting others and this forum.

    And keep your "bluntness" to yourself.

    Liam.
    Ominus tu difficultas iuncto palam magus populus ne obliviscaris pro eo mundus vult decipi.

  11. #41
    :: Elite
    :: Comedian > >

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    1,076
    I apologize for discussing the topic at hand in your thread. In the future I will be sure to get together with the other members via chat rooms to agree on one answer so that your thread only has one reply. That should alleviate the "congestion."
    Zach Smith

  12. #42
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    i live in a van, down by the river!
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by mordecai View Post

    thank you CP and Zack Smith for starting a idiot and pointless fight in my post and adding to the clog of your other useless posts.
    Anytime. ; )
    by the way the "problem with the forum" are NOT because members need to take control OR because of "negative posting" its because of over talkative chaps who use quantity over quality.
    So you guys have finally figured it out, that Im just racking up post counts.
    Im busted...

    Haha, wow...

    all I wanted was a yes or no answer from ANY moderator about whether ellusionist will be stocking more items or is just slow.
    My friend, they call that a "private message." They're work WONDERFULLY for the type of question you just had. : )

    Also wouldnt have had us two idiots "arguing."

    Hah, arguing... Me and Zach have lunch on a regular basis at Hooters, right man? ; )

  13. #43
    :: Elite
    :: Comedian > >

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by cp View Post
    Hah, arguing... Me and Zach have lunch on a regular basis at Hooters, right man? ; )
    Actually...I'm feeling McDonalds today for lunch. Let's supersize it.
    Zach Smith

  14. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,119
    Hey,

    I'm glad that Ellusionist does not sell every single effect on the planet. Ellusionist actually does all the hard work for me and picks the best stuff there is so it's much easier for me to shop. So being the lazy person i am i like that idea ;)

    Thanks,
    Rajitha
    "The secret impresses no one, the trick you use it for is everything" - Alfred Borden (The Prestige)

  15. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by mordecai View Post
    by the way some of those items are things like
    appearing wands, prismatronic wand, or wands of any type. who has heard of a magic shop without wands?
    Well, generally speaking, i dont walk around doing STREET MAGIC (What ellusionist focus's on) with a table, cups and ball set and a wand to wave above my top hat whilst a bunny appears.
    Swallow the knife, Carve the way for your pride.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Recognition Program
WELCOME TO MAGIC. PERFORM LIKE NEVER BEFORE.

At Ellusionist, we have one goal: to give you the power to perform magic beyond belief. We want to make you the life of any party. We want to make you into a performer. Composed of 12 individuals, we barely sleep, and we will do anything necessary to bring you the best magic, the best talent, the best training and playing cards possible.


We manufacture many of our own magic supplies, tricks, effects, and custom playing cards. We strive to create the very best magical products the world has ever seen. We work with the United States Playing Card co and have produced 14 lines of playing card decks that are repeatedly acclaimed by top industry pros and magic enthusiasts all over the world.


© 2001-2014 Ellusionist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Toll Free: 1-866.244.2426 or International 1.415.459.4945