The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst ... 1 2 3 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by M!CHAEL View Post
    Yes that is true.

However, the clip you showed us here on the forums seemed like you were performing for the camera. I don't think that was one of your gritty street performances.

~M
    The video clip was uploaded on these forums were just the intro part from the video. The rest of the performaces cannot be upload due to tv channel policey.
    Watch My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPYJxzDf1Gw

Quote Originally Posted by :.:Kryptonite:.: View Post
    Also, you said that you are doing Aliun Levitation but it will not be released and has been canceled a long time ago by Ellusionist. But, the creator, is also releasing it by himself but it still has not been fully released yet but it is not called The Aliun Levitation. Maybe you should clear that up a little bit.
    Actually,

The F.L.Y levitation (aka Aliun) has been released for some time now.

http://www.magic.org/store/product_i...oducts_id=5824

Nick
    "Think INSIDE the box...everyone else is too busy trying to think outside it."

nice. need to see some good video demos of the performance. for me to spend $1,600 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-Eye View Post
    Actually,

Nick
    Haven't payed to much attention to levitations. Thanks for clearing that part up.

:.:Kryptonite:.:
    "Me fail english?...That's unpossible." - Ralph Wiggum

If you are airing things like this and getting paid $1500+, that is just ridiculous. Hmm. . .(sigh

-Nate River
    If you want my pass lectures, they're in the Ninja Forums.
    PM me only if you are desperate.

Hawk-Eye thanks for your comment. it was realy helpfull. You see other people make comments on the things which they don't even have the knowledge of it.

Hawk-Eye if the effect is good and easy to use then i'll order it today. :)

Let me understand this ..
    You will have a magic special.
    - This clip was a liiittle part from the special.
    - You will be payed 1650$/effect.
    - You will perform E's effects on T.V with NO permission .. ( unless you contacted them? )

Can you give us some idea about your magical background? ( like when you started magic? what are some effects you will perform? what branch of magic you are into? )

I'd love to see the special .. with no offense .. you should consider giving more hours to material .. the performance was bad in the clip ..
    . Basically when I'm doing the effects in public regardless of the video quality or angles are bad or the performance is slow or poor, as long i and the spectator enjoys it that what really matters.
    Bad and slow performance will not be enjoyable .. not for the spectator or for the viewers ..

~ Feras
    “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by kamrankhan View Post
    Hawk-Eye thanks for your comment. it was realy helpfull. You see other people make comments on the things which they don't even have the knowledge of it.

Hawk-Eye if the effect is good and easy to use then i'll order it today. :)
    You have a special coming up soon as you said, don't pick up a BRAND new trick for the special, you're just going to ruin it. Performance and presentation is key, no matter what trick you're doing, presentation will make or break your trick/routine. You can't say that performance/presentation doesn't matter, because your spectators will be bored out of their mind and you wont get the reactions that CAN be gotten.

Basically, you'd have to do a lot better than this video for your T.V. special, or... well, I don't really know what to say.

Mitchell
    www.MagicForDarfur.org

----------..............**SPEACHLESS**............ ......----------

What in the world are you talking about! They would probably only pay $1600/effect(or how ever much it is) to someone like David Blaine! Im not being harsh but that video sure doesnt give me the impression of you being ANY thing like Blaine!

Ive got an idea for you:

Just take 5 and re-tell us your story...

If you want, just ask a mod to delete this thread and start from scratch. Because i dont think is a very good thread to be making excuses on. Plus your vid was filmed on a RUG and seeing as your about to make $1000s of dollers i think you could probbably afford a Close up pad. And the quality was as good as my 12 year old cousons editing skills!(and trust me there...Rubish)!

-George

P.S. We dont mean to be harsh but with SUCH basic skill as that, you would be lucky to make $*/Effect.

arvindj227's Avatar :: Lead Moderator
    :: Ellusionist ®
    :: Carmen Sandiego's soulmate

Delft, The Netherlands / Hasselt, Belgium
    Hey, could you please tell us how you came to this point? I mean, the procedures and methods to get you on TV?

We would like to know, as it is something a lot of us aim for. A little insight on how the deal came about, how the price was fixed, what part you played...?

We have a few members on TV and they have shared the complete thing, and it was very interesting to read about. So, share :) !

On the video, like others said, I didnt see anything too great. It needs to be part of a routine or sequence of tricks. This change alone, really doesn't make sense.

Thanks,

Cheers,

AJ
    An artist makes the difficult look easy and a showman makes the easy look spectacular.

Ellusionist Lead Moderator
    http://arvindjshankar.com

Kamran,

AJ has some good points. It would be great to hear how it all came about.

Moreover, if it's being broadcast over four countries I think it would be good to let us all know where and what station will be airing it.
    The E forum has members all over the world and I'm sure there will be someone who will be able to see your special!

Anyway good luck and don't forget us when you're famous. ;)

~M
    Last edited by M!CHAEL; 12-26-2006 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-Eye View Post
    Actually,

Nick
    Dear God! That has to be THE WORST presentation for a levitation...

...EVER!!!

Most Ellusionist products along with most other products do not give you TV performing rights. In fact if you watch the credits of Box Monstor it specifically states that the TV performing rights are reserved for Nathan Kranzo at this time. Thus it is not legal for you to perform this.

I truly cannot believe that you are having a 4 country tour and getting paid 1650 per effect. Perhaps you could show us some footage that was cut or some other magic that you have performed for live audiences so we could get a feel for your presentational and spectator interaction techniques.

What we have seen so far makes me want to live in whatever country or city you do and have options to cable channels that you have because, wow, there is no way in hell that I could perform like that and get a show with a compensation.

On teh David Blaine note, it actually isn't that much money per effect. Blaine signed a contract for many millions of dollars for his first few specials. If you watch these specials you can see they only use a small number of effects. Some are repeated. He was being paid over 10,000 dollars per effect. BUT he brought magic back into the spotlight and had a unique form of presentation and got incredible reactions. His magic wasn't what was being sold on tv, it was his reactions.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it"

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Webby View Post
    Most Ellusionist products along with most other products do not give you TV performing rights. In fact if you watch the credits of Box Monstor it specifically states that the TV performing rights are reserved for Nathan Kranzo at this time. Thus it is not legal for you to perform this.

I truly cannot believe that you are having a 4 country tour and getting paid 1650 per effect. Perhaps you could show us some footage that was cut or some other magic that you have performed for live audiences so we could get a feel for your presentational and spectator interaction techniques.

What we have seen so far makes me want to live in whatever country or city you do and have options to cable channels that you have because, wow, there is no way in hell that I could perform like that and get a show with a compensation.
    Totally agree.

As far as the F.L.Y. preview and presentation of product, i agree also.
    The reactions Wayne gets with indecent for 25$ are way greater than the one the guy using the levitation in the preview gets for a 1600$ prop.

For somebody who supposedly only sleeps 2 hours a day, it is interesting to see that kamran hasn't replied to everyone's questions. It is very hard to believe any of this. Your presentation isn't good at all and you are going to be in a tv special? You've watched ninja, right? You notice how when Brad does that trick on the ground, he is down next to the cards?

You are among some people who have been doing this stuff for a long time, including myself, if they question how you can be making that much money from such little experience then there is a big doubt. I know for a fact that Nate is an awesome magician, I just learned about his website today...which is awesome by the way, great job Nate...and if Nate questions this whole thing, then there is something wrong.