+ Reply to Thread

bicycle cards in the uk?

Hey guys,

My friend and I were organising a Poker evening (and possibly a bit of magic from myself) and I recommended we buy some bicycle cards. Because it was at the last minute, there was no chance of ordering from the internet. We searched every single shop we could think of. Supermarkets, toy shops, pretty much any shop that sold board games and poker sets. I was completely shocked to find that I could not find any shops that stocked bicycle cards! All we could find were the horrible cheap plastic cards or the cards that come with a poker set (which we already had). The next day I searched the internet and discovered a few forum entries that stated the Asda stock them. Four weeks later, I still cannot find them anywhere.
    Does anyone else in the UK have this problem? Could someone recommend any stores that sell Bikes?

/xni

NB. I know plenty of magic sites in the UK which sell them, but I was looking for a shop I could walk in and get some :\

Bijlogg's Avatar Elite Member
    It's unfortunatly a sad truth that you can't really find them over here.

Your best bet is your local magic shop. Check the yellow pages, there's bound to be one somewhere. You won't really find them in any supermarkets or anything like that unfortunately. I personally get all my cards from E unless I'm getting a bulk pack as they can be expensive to ship.

Tom

COSTCO!!
    I live in Brimingham Uk and down the motorway there is a wearhouse called COSTCO (google it for a store near you) they sell Bikes for 1 each!!!
    Bargin.

-George

p.s. http://www.costco.co.uk/ for your nearest store

Daz's Avatar Elite Member
    They sell them in a games shop here in Cambridge and no doubt in a few other shops in the UK - but they cost too much. 5 a deck. I'd rather chop my hands off than pay that price. In some ways it makes no sense in this Country to buy them from a high-street shop. Unlike the States, we're charged an extortionate price. Buy in bulk from the net. You can get them for about 1.80 a deck. Cheap. And free postage too.

I've looked in a few Asda's - and never found any Bikes. The search for them just isn't worth your time and effort.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Costco.

I bought a box of 12 bicycle decks for 8.

Daz's Avatar Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdbpdb View Post
    Costco.

I bought a box of 12 bicycle decks for 8.
    I take back everything I said. 8 for 12. At that price I'd feel as if I'd died and gone to heaven.

Although is Costco a Trade outlet - or is it a regular shop?

It's a warehouse that just about sells anything, however, you need to be a member of a business/company to be allowed entry.

I have heard about COSTCO. Unfortuntately there isnt one near me and I'm not/don't know anyone that is a member. Looks like I'll just have to order a few bricks from the net.

Well you could try ebay......most of the bulk Bicycle Decks have 1st class postage.

-George