Page 1 of 2
1 2 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread

Putting Your cards in the Fridge.

Hmm since its hot these months ive been putting my cards in the fridge. I just wanted to know if this will ruin my cards in the long run. Anyone else do this?

what ive heard works the best is perfect faro the cards or manually separate then into face up and face down then put them in there box with a few extra cards so they really get squished in tightly then put the box into a porper card clip then put all of that into a sealed plastic bag. that should keep the moiture out.
    its not about what really happened that counts its what they think happened

I've done it once, it felt good because it was freezing.

im not sure but I will put one of my old decks in the fridge and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cansa
    what ive heard works the best is perfect faro the cards or manually separate then into face up and face down then put them in there box with a few extra cards so they really get squished in tightly then put the box into a porper card clip then put all of that into a sealed plastic bag. that should keep the moiture out.
    I'm gonna do that. I Never thought about putting them in opposite directions, and then in the porper clip.

Premetheus37's Avatar Elite Member
    http://www.elusionist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41755

Premetheus
    I've seen all good people turn their heads each day. So, satisfied, I'm on my way.

After like 30 mins of doing it to my gosts, they come out pretty crisp and have a nice old feeling. They fan almost like new. ( I put my practice deck in the fridge and thats pretty worn down.) It comes out with a nice feel.

Oh I didn't bother searching because I didn't think anyone would try this except me. (im pretty stupid guy^.^) Sorry bout making this thread.

Would'nt it wreck the cards if you put them in the frigde because of the moisture?

~Tim
    ---Never kick a gift horse in the mouth---
    2deemagic.com

Quote Originally Posted by ph8ed spade
    Would'nt it wreck the cards if you put them in the frigde because of the moisture?

~Tim
    Not if you put it in a plastic bag. I've only tried this once and it worked pretty well.

-Michael
    Perform your magic as if it were real magic.

The only problem with that: you are sealing moisture into the bag. They may not feel wet when they are cold, but when they warm up, condensation will appear on the cards warping them. It has happened to me before.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by magicalman315
    The only problem with that: you are sealing moisture into the bag.
    I believe its time for me to step in on this one. ;)

Quite a while back I had a thread about putting silica gel packets in you card deck storage boxes, (my storage box is a moisture tight amunition box). Although you bring up a good point about sealing in moisture, why not possibly do this:

Put a deck of cards in a ziplock baggie, then toss in a silica gel packet with it, and then seal it up, pop it in the fridge.

That would seem to make sense to me, although I really dont see a point in putting cards in the fridge...

Quote Originally Posted by cp
    I believe its time for me to step in on this one. ;)

Quite a while back I had a thread about putting silica gel packets in you card deck storage boxes, (my storage box is a moisture tight amunition box). Although you bring up a good point about sealing in moisture, why not possibly do this:

Put a deck of cards in a ziplock baggie, then toss in a silica gel packet with it, and then seal it up, pop it in the fridge.

That would seem to make sense to me, although I really dont see a point in putting cards in the fridge...
    Or you could put your deck in it's box, put it in a plastic bag with some salt in it, put it in the fridge and let it sit for a while. Would that work?
    "....(smile)...."-Paul Harris
    Chase Hubler-R.I.P.

imperfectreality.com

-Dan

I just got back from a performance and put my blue rider back cards in the fridge along with the add cards and the jokers. I can't wait to see how they feel.
    52 cards, 52 ways to create miracles

-Me

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer
    Or you could put your deck in it's box, put it in a plastic bag with some salt in it, put it in the fridge and let it sit for a while. Would that work?
    Im sure the principle would make sense that it would work, but look at it this way: when my dad does taxidermy he has to salt the hides, and it takes weeks.

Salt is the age old de-hydrant and preservative. (even a word?)
    Silica gel is a finely tuned performance de-hydrant.

See where Im goin?