+ Reply to Thread

The BEST mentalism DVD or trick you ever had.

For those people who owns "Mentalism" DVDs or Tricks, what do you think about it? Do you highly recommend it? Is it the BEST mentalismm DVD or trick you ever had?

The one that I have, that I purely love, is Stigmata. I'm hoping to buy Banachek's PSI series soon. I'm sure most common answer will be Banachek or Osterlind's DVDs.

-Ryan
    " This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time." --Chuck Palahniuk
    COIN LOVER

:: Customer Service
    :: Ellusionist

I hate to toot my own horn, but you may find just what you're looking for in this thread.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Patrick
    Climb the mountain because it's there.<br><br<a href="http://esupport.ellusionist.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit">Click Here</a> to submit an eSupport Ticket.
    <a href="http://esupport.ellusionist.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view">Click Here</a> to check out our FAQ Knowledgebase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan:Ruple
    The one that I have, that I purely love, is Stigmata. I'm hoping to buy Banachek's PSI series soon. I'm sure most common answer will be Banachek or Osterlind's DVDs.

-Ryan
    Right you are. Osterlind's watch routine from his Mind Mysteries series.
    Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma

I can't really compare Osterlind, just buy all of his material ASAP.

Personally, an effect I use all the time (mentalism) is from PSI called Lorayne's Buck, I use it to open my stage show.

But I think the best thing in mentalism would have to be Psychophysiological Thought reading or muscle reading. Any effect ever created in the realm of mentalism can be re-done using muscle reading, so the effects are limitless. There is so much potential in this concept alone that I think people just ignore because of the supposed 'difficulty' involved.

Elite
    If you sit and think of things like a layman and pretend you don't understand anything about our art... Invisible Deck. It's cheap and it is an impossible trick that boggles people's minds. If performed correctly is strong enough to be a closer. Stigmata is a decent choice as well.

I'm not to sure about other mentalism tricks but Ellusionist stocks a lot of great material on mentalism. I've been getting very interested in mentalism recently and the next thing I'm looking at from that genre is Think Pink. It's basically a form of centre tear to find out secret things people write in a way that they are 100% sure you haven't seen it. It sounds like a good one so I could apply this to my mentalism act and even things like Stigmata. The best mentalism stuff I've seen personally is Banachek but I honestly haven't sampled most of the other DVDs and books available here.

Oh and for mentalism tricks have a look at the Electric Touch :)
    HarrisonMagic.net

I would have to say the invisible deck is a powerful tool with a correct presentation. No more of those awful " i had a dream last night speaches" but staring someone in the eyes and tell them you turned one card over in this deck and you are going to mentally send it to them.

But for best effect, dvd, book:

psi volume 4 is great for banacheks key bending routine which i always do that slay's people.

practical mental magic is great even though it's old has tons of killer effects. Osterlind uses a lot of these on his easy to master mental... dvd series

You really just need to start your way small and work your way up. There really isn't an effect in mentalism that makes you the ultimate "god" of mindreading. It's all about presentation. Things like question and answer from annemann can slay audiences and it's simple.

anyhow, best of luck! peace