+ Reply to Thread

Derren Brown Lecture Review

This is an awsom DVD which every mentalist, Magician and Derren Brown fan should have. This shows Derren in his early stages of his career, Even before he was famous. He demonsrates his amazing showmanship, mind reading skills, suggestion and all the other skills he has developed greatly over the years. He shows how he can control a hypnotised girls arm when her eyes are closed and also transferes his powers to another audience memeber and he contorols HER arm. AMAZING!!! Also transfering thoughts from one spectator to another. The same trick he done on Colin Fry in one of his shows is on this DVD. Also the Phenominal trick "Plerophoria" in which he makes spectators shuffel a deck of cards and then asks a girl to meirly think of a card and after she writes it down makeing sure he doesnt see it, He names the thought of card....WHAT!?! AMAZING!?! and then takes the shuffled cards and WITHOUT looking at them names each one. And after a brief shuffle tell the spactator how many cards she has cut of the deck without looking. He then continues to name the cut of cards! He follows these affects with shwmanship tips and teaches you Plerophoria step bye step. He also tell you how to name a spectators thought of card. I must say this trick is incredibly clever. He teaches it very well....And i just think it's amazing, a definate buy!

?

Quote Originally Posted by beast1234
    This is an awsom DVD which every mentalist, Magician and Derren Brown fan should have. This shows Derren in his early stages of his career, Even before he was famous. He demonsrates his amazing showmanship, mind reading skills, suggestion and all the other skills he has developed greatly over the years. He shows how he can control a hypnotised girls arm when her eyes are closed and also transferes his powers to another audience memeber and he contorols HER arm. AMAZING!!! Also transfering thoughts from one spectator to another. The same trick he done on Colin Fry in one of his shows is on this DVD. Also the Phenominal trick "Plerophoria" in which he makes spectators shuffel a deck of cards and then asks a girl to meirly think of a card and after she writes it down makeing sure he doesnt see it, He names the thought of card....WHAT!?! AMAZING!?! and then takes the shuffled cards and WITHOUT looking at them names each one. And after a brief shuffle tell the spactator how many cards she has cut of the deck without looking. He then continues to name the cut of cards! He follows these affects with shwmanship tips and teaches you Plerophoria step bye step. He also tell you how to name a spectators thought of card. I must say this trick is incredibly clever. He teaches it very well....And i just think it's amazing, a definate buy!
    who is Derren Brown?
    Adam Grace is god.

Quote Originally Posted by beast1234
    He demonsrates his amazing showmanship
    I thought the presentation on the dvd rather poor, and sometimes even boring. Itīs no where near from what it is today.

Plerophoria is a good trick, well explained in "Pure Effect", as everything on that dvd. Aside the Hypnosis stunt. Everything he says in this dvd is in the book he was releasing that day. If you have "Pure Effect" Buy the "Inside your mind" dvd for some awesome presentation.

If you donīt and youīre considering on buying this, buy pure effect instead.
    "Everything is impossible... until someone does it!" Kevin Krools

Quote Originally Posted by MMBBGUN
    who is Derren Brown?
    A very famous mentalist here in the Uk, and also quite famous in the US. However in the Uk his name is almost as common as Blaine's. By the way his shows are amazing, so try to pick up his DVDs "Trick of the Mind."

Ummmm. I don't advertise for him...

Anyway, thanks for the review- I didn't know about this before.
    Satch, Vai and... Sankey forever!

Kard Pride...So there Scott!

indeed

I agree that the presentation can at times get a bit 'Slow' but non the less it was clever and interesting, It is in his book and so forth but i meant it as a collectors point of view, If you want to take, Start or think about mentalism or maybe your just a great Brown fan, Then its a valuable asset to the collection.