Page 1 of 2
1 2 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread

Criss Angel Light bulb trick.

Hey
    I was wondering if anybody knows how Criss Angel did the light bulb trick in the first episode of his season two T.V Show Mindfreak. I know that it is wrong to give out tricks on the forum... But my real question is what is it called and can it be bought if so can you post a link to it... I really like the trick and i would love to learn how to do it so if any of you know how or where i can get this trick... PLease post a reply... Thanks...
    Absolutley ZoSo

:: Mentor

you almost violated the forum rules but you saved it, well I don't know, but I heard you can light up lights using Electric Touch sold here on E.

~Beans

http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Yig...Touch.php?cat=
    Ars Est Vita

Art is life.

BANNED
    This is a stage trick called the floating light bulb, popularized by Harry Blackstone Jr. It was one of his signature effects. It is not however a one man illusion. As we all know Criss Angel takes stage tricks to the street and uses camera angles and stooges to his advantage to create the illusion that he can do this incredible magic at a moments notice.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by zoso91
    Hey
    I was wondering if anybody knows how Criss Angel did the light bulb trick in the first episode of his season two T.V Show Mindfreak. I know that it is wrong to give out tricks on the forum... But my real question is what is it called and can it be bought if so can you post a link to it... I really like the trick and i would love to learn how to do it so if any of you know how or where i can get this trick... PLease post a reply... Thanks...

For many years Harry Blackstone Jr messed with peoples minds by performing the levitation of a lighbulb until he finally released it. It was one of magic best kept secrets. i dont now where you can get it.

The floating light buld was made famous by Harry Blackstone SR. back in the early 1900's. Years later his son ( Blackstone Jr.) made it popular again. Over the years this effect has become a staple of stage magic. It remains a stage magic effect. I am certain the Blackstone method can not be done impromptu, or in a "street setting". I am not sure if Angel's methods differ or not.

Miles of Magic

You can find this at abra4magic.com , maybe it's not as good but I'm not sure I didn't get it. There will be a search engine thing and just type in light bulb. It doesn't have a video just a description I think. Don't think I violated any rules so yeah.

-Andrew

I once heard.. this is no joke.. it was on tvs AMAZING BODY ITEMS .... now that is magic..that is a trick i would like to learn
    Last edited by Jason.Michael; 06-11-2006 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate references

also lets face it he didnt bring one into the store he took one from the store the guy picked it. unless the guy was in on it.. in fact unless everyone is in on his tricks there is no explanation..

example is his floating across one building to the next i know its not true and illusion but the only one it could be is camera and the guys on the building were in on it.

Jason.Michael's Avatar :: Moderator
    Guys -

This thread is headed towards speculation and exposure. Let's try to drive it away from there.

I thought the floating lightbulb was a beautiful peice of magic.

I'm not a smoker, but Steve Fearson's Floating Cig is also something that's fun to watch.

Anyone else performing things like this? The dollar bill levitation seems to be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Annemann
    Guys -

This thread is headed towards speculation and exposure. Let's try to drive it away from there.

I'm not a smoker, but Steve Fearson's Floating Cig is also something that's fun to watch.

Anyone else performing things like this? The dollar bill levitation seems to be popular.
    Mostly just effects with IT. But the Lightbulb effect was quite beautiful. If I can get a hold of it, I would want to perform it for my upcoming stage performance.

Mitchell
    www.MagicForDarfur.org

I saw this trick and I have no clue how it was done but I'm sure if you searched around on google about the trick and about Harry Blackstone JR. you might find it and be able to buy it or maybe just find the solution.
    Food OR Magic=BIG PROBLEM=WILL DO MAGIC FOR FOOD

Jason.Michael's Avatar :: Moderator
    I've always enjoyed effects that need no patter - just pure visual magic.

Also, I think the music and lighting can play a big part on an emotional level.

I didn't seen Angel perform it, but did he take advantage of these elements, or did he just perform it on the street?

Don't forget, he didn't do this with just a light bulb. He also performed this effect with a frisbee. I'm sure it's the samwmethod, just wanted to throw that out there.

-VD, mentalist
    If you need anything, PM me and I'll help!

V, Unreal Artist

:: Elite
    :: Retired

Guys -

I have performed this effect a couple times. Only a couple though. I takes the right moment and a heck of alot of practice to get it as smooth as Fearson. I love it though. I should film that maybe and get it up here.
    We'll see.....

Jeremy
    Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

Guys -

I don't know if it's still available, but James George's Pk Pencil and Ring routine is pretty wild. I only ever performed it twice because there's quite an extensive set-up involved but it blows Fearson's away in my opinion. Imagine floating a pencil, make it spin like an airplane propeller, then make it fly out toward the audience and hover like Blackstone's (while still spinning), then hold out your hand and, without moving a muscle, it floats back into your hand. And no assistants or machinery.
    Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma