+ Reply to Thread

David Blaine Thread Trick?

Hi,

Hi, I just saw David Blaine performed a trick that he ate the string and come out from his belly. I know I saw the thread before, but forget what is the name, is it bharma or dhrama? I just forget it.

And by the way, where can I find that book??

Thanks,

Good day

Tempest's Avatar :: Elite
    :: Prophet
    :: Creator, KAOS

To my knowledge, there are effects of this type in the book called the Swami Mantra.

SAW, by Sean Fields, has an effect on it where the performer swallows the thread and pulls it out of his neck.

--Tempest
    twitter @sean_emory

Hi,

Hey thanks, Swami Mantra, that's the one that I want to know. But you guys got any idea where can I get it?

Thanks,

Good day

Richard Adams's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite

Hey there,

A quick search on Google gives you 498,000 results for "Swami and Mantra!"

I'm sure you'll find it amongst there somewhere : )

Richard.

Mike Delbert's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite

The book is called Swami AND Mantra.

The effect is the Brahman Thread Mystery on page 99 or 100.
    In Magic,
    Mike

Hi,

Thanks guys, i found it, but do you guys recommend us to do those kind of magic? i mean kind of into dark or black magic??

Thanks,
    Good day

The string out of the stomach is NOT part of "Dark Artforms" At all, This is actualy quite easy to do..

Hi,

Oh, what I mean is from the spectator view, but I just need some preparation on the presentation now.

Thanks,
    Good day.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yl4dt
    Oh, what I mean is from the spectator view...
    Hi yl4dt,

We can't suggest/recommend a particular style of magic to you as it ultimately depends upon your own requirements. The 'Thread from Belly' effect can be used in both a comedy or serious sense - it all depends on how you want to present the effect. It also depends on your chosen audience - you may get a greater reaction from either style (comedy/serious).

You just have to gauge your audience and your perfomance accordingly.

Regards,
    Stephen
    To be believable, you must first believe.

Jonathan Bagwell's Avatar Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yl4dt
    but do you guys recommend us to do those kind of magic?
    It's hard to say we'd recommend you perform the material, as the material in this book can be, and IS pretty dangerous.
    Jonathan Bagwell
    Lead Guitarist

Hi,

Thanks, i think i have learned a lot since i came into this forum. Thanks for the suggestion. But i think if the trick is into serious+kind of spooky ,that will be great.

How about you guys? Did anyone really performed it before? and we can share some experiance here.

Thanks,
    Good day.

ScottBaird's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite Member
    :: Closet Card Genius

I've done this trick many times, and it never fails to illicit some kind of response.

I present it in a comic-noir style (dark comedy), where I'm grossing people out and getting a good laugh from it myself. It always brings out reactions of both disgust where they can't look away, and laughter where they know its impossible and gross.

I prefer this presentation because I don't think David Blaine's patter ("watch... if I just... "[proceeds to pull string from stomach]) really suits my style. There's a plethera of jokes and gags that can be done with this.

I've actually taken an idea from SAW (SEAN FIELDS) where I swallow a ring and some thread, and the ring is on the thread when I pull it out of my stomach (I don't use the word "belly" because it seems to make me think I'm fat :). I haven't performed this yet, but its in the works; if anyone can help me with my idea, PM me and we'll see if we can get this going.

I highly recommend getting Swami Mantra, as there are a lot of good tricks in there of different types, however some of the yoga-maya ones, I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole.

Best of Luck
    Scott
    Professional Coin Magician and student
    Currently listening to Jay-Z
    Artist (literally)