Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst ... 1 2
+ Reply to Thread
    Elite Member
    Dranex, give it a try, it's really not so bad. I've had varied success with it though. Sometimes I get only a wisp, other times I get a good amount.

In another forum, DG mentioned that he was including this on an upcoming DVD at some point. I learned this from him at his lecture, and have his notes, but still can't get consistent results. Hopefully the DVD will be of some help.
    Metallic Red and Blue Porper Clips
    http://www.newyorkmagicproject.com/products/porperclip.htm

theres a way to make smoke come out your mouth without any props
    first of all you have to have your mouth closed the whole time while doing this
    first fill your moiuth up with air until your mouth looks like a bubble,
    put your tongue on the ceiling of your mouth and push up real hard and then let go so it slaps the bottom of your mouth. keep doing it for a couple sconds but you have to do it hard. after that keep slapping your tongue but take your hand and make a fist, put the hole thats made up of your thumb and index finger over your lips and push in real hard until you can feel your teeth. keep slapping our tongue and pushing your fist in. after a couple more seconds u can open ur mouth and blow. smoke will cme out

Magicians Arsenal

Found a method describet in the book: "Magicians Arsenal: Professional tricks of the trade",
    the book teaches you to build two gimmicks that can be used. Can´t tell you more about the method though,
    Really good book by the way, also teach how to make flash papper and inpact smoke bombs

hope i helped,

Pedro
    Last edited by psekkel; 04-27-2006 at 08:53 AM.

Mike Delbert's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite

You can use the UltraSmoke 2000.

Raise your hand to your mouth and pretend you are "smoking". The smoke will appear to becoming from your mouth from the spectators point of view

CAUTION:

Do not breath in the ultrasmoke...smoke and do not get it into your eyes. I have performed this before, but do it safely and cautiously. You do not need your hands right at your mouth to make it believable. You are using a perceived perception from the spectators point of view that the smoke is closer to your face than it truly is.

Mike
    In Magic,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delbert
    You can use the UltraSmoke 2000.

Raise your hand to your mouth and pretend you are "smoking". The smoke will appear to becoming from your mouth from the spectators point of view
    Here is how I would handle that.

1) With your left hand "pretend" you have an invisible cigarette.

2) Bring it toward your mouth and pretend to inhale.

3) Then Puff out your cheeks as if you were holding the smoke and at the same time drop your left hand to the side.

4) Immediately bring your open right hand up to your mouth and "exhale" the "smoke" into your right hand and make a fist as if you were catching the smoke.

5) Hold your fist outward in front of you, and say: "Even pretend smoking is bad for you." and open your right hand and watch the smoke come out.
    Roy Ornelas

There is a method, although what you create is not smoke, but rather vapor from your saliva. It's not too easy to do, as it's a very physical ability, and it took me weeks of practicing to get the "smoke" to come out. This is not a magic product currently released, and I don't think it ever will be. I don't believe there is a book out there that teaches this. I learned it by travelling to a school in Hawaii where it's a very comical thing for the students to blow smoke. I would "expose" it right now, but I need to know that it's alright to expose a thing that's not even a sleight. Can someone tell me if it's alright to post something like this? I don't want to get banned.

PS- I don't want this to get published either. This is a thing that's VERY rare, and should stay that way.

My friend can do the smoke this with clicking his toungue. i can do it too just read a couple posts below. smoke comes out of your mouth by condesing the air inside your mouth. when you press with your cheeks dont blow out your cheeks cause it will hurt your pressure points. PUt the pressure on your lips. it is really fun to do
    I've gotta be honest with you.......I'm a liar

Quote Originally Posted by arh3000
    My friend can do the smoke this with clicking his toungue. i can do it too just read a couple posts below. smoke comes out of your mouth by condesing the air inside your mouth. when you press with your cheeks dont blow out your cheeks cause it will hurt your pressure points. PUt the pressure on your lips. it is really fun to do
    That's what I was referring to. I didn't know if other magicians knew it. I've had many good reactions even when I was just showing this off. It's very fun to do (if you do it right) and gets people impressed quickly.

Mike Delbert's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Ornelas
    Here is how I would handle that.......

5) Hold your fist outward in front of you, and say: "Even pretend smoking is bad for you." and open your right hand and watch the smoke come out.

That is pretty sweet! I am going to do that so this way when I perform what I do, I don't have to worry about the smoke being around my eyes and sinus area.

Thanks Roy!!
    In Magic,
    Mike