The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
+ Reply to Thread
    Sonicstabber's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Prez & CEO, Nutsacks Inc.

New Erdnase change video

Hey guys, my first post in the E Media forums, so be nice. ;)

I posted this up a while back, my Erdnase handling that I kind of worked out late last year, and I only recently posted a video of it since I got a webcam. I have since got a newer webcam, better quality, and have refilmed the change. Here it is for those who haven't seen it, to enjoy and tell me what you think, what my flaws are etc. I'm working out some other subtleties to make this change flawless,

http://www.betheasphotography.com/my...%20erdnase.WMV

Cheers to SleepingJag for the hosting

Eddie
    Australia: 45 degree weather, still wearing a beanie.

Very nice video and very smooth handling. Good Job

I agree. Very nice vid. Nice and smooth.
    (\__/)
    (o'.'o)
    ('') ('')

Jonathan Bagwell's Avatar Moderator
    I like the subtleties you've added to this. Makes an even better performance overall. MSN me if you're further interested in my comments (you will anyway).
    Thanks!

It was very, very smooth and it looked great.

Stunning - that's all I can say =)

MSheridan's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Cardist >>

Nice work Eddie

Smooth handling overall but there are some things which i disliked or would do differently:

1.) This is more about your performance - I think the first movement of out-jogging the top card is to large. I tend to try and make this motion look as small as possible with a few subtleties. What i would try is instead of placing a flat hand onto the deck, have your hand slightly cupped. Then as your hand comes into contact with the deck flatten it out and in the same motion you are out-jogging the card. This method minimises the image or even eliminates the image of your hand moving the top card.

2.) This is more about the actual handling method - Once you have withdrawn the card i didnt like the way you covered the top card then rotated around the corner. I think it would look a lot smoother if after you withdrew the card you went straight into the rotation part without covering the top card again.

Just my opinions

Michael
    Limitation is a creation of the mind
    Ellusionist Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MSheridan
    Nice work Eddie

Smooth handling overall but there are some things which i disliked or would do differently:

1.) This is more about your performance - I think the first movement of out-jogging the top card is to large. I tend to try and make this motion look as small as possible with a few subtleties. What i would try is instead of placing a flat hand onto the deck, have your hand slightly cupped. Then as your hand comes into contact with the deck flatten it out and in the same motion you are out-jogging the card. This method minimises the image or even eliminates the image of your hand moving the top card.

2.) This is more about the actual handling method - Once you have withdrawn the card i didnt like the way you covered the top card then rotated around the corner. I think it would look a lot smoother if after you withdrew the card you went straight into the rotation part without covering the top card again.

Just my opinions

Michael
    Agree with the first part, but i think it is clever to cover the card again, once to distract the viewer from seeing that you have to allign the top card and to make it look smoother, it is really a nice build up. GREAT

It looked pretty smooth to me. You should try some editing for your next video, though.

very smooth, yet the hand looks a bit stiff..try to add some curl to those fingers...in a few weeks I"ll try to post up my erdanese
    the trick you just got..it's the skeleton of your work..now make the being dance beautifully

Sonicstabber's Avatar :: Moderator
    :: Prez & CEO, Nutsacks Inc.

Thanks guys, I had an older video of this and I decided to refilm this a few days back, on request, and it was really late and I haven't filmed this in a few months so yeah, it has changed a bit, but I will try add more subtleties I came up with to it and repost..

Eddie
    Australia: 45 degree weather, still wearing a beanie.

I saw that other video, you've improved Eddie. Much smoother now. I loved it. Awesome.
    Stranger

BANNED
    Hey!

When Jason came back to the states, he immediatly told me about your session! He said that you kept saying, "F*&%^(# B@stard" when he'd do some flourishes. LOL...don't worry, I feel the same when I see him handle cards. :)

Very cool vid. Jason taught me this a while ago, yet even though I knew the method, your smoothness really had me going. It looked 'magical'.

Next time Jason flies down to Australia, I'm hiding in his luggage, JUST so I can see you do that color change. hehe.

See ya around mate,

Alfred