The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
Page 1 of 2
1 2 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread

Melt Away Cigarette Vanish

That's just amazing.
    Where did you learn that?
    Good job!

-Elijah

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah
    That's just amazing.
    Where did you learn that?
    Good job!

-Elijah
    Thanks. Tought myself it.
    Steve Eilers
    Grand Rapids, MI

That's amazing. It's really great.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade
    That's amazing. It's really great.
    Thanks for the nice words.
    Steve Eilers
    Grand Rapids, MI

That is ridiculously good, except it looks like you're awkwardly holding something in the right hand for some of it.

I have no idea what, so obviously it's a good effect. Kudos.

I like it.. i dont smoke and have no intention of starting but if i did this would be one i would use. I could see this being useful in some of my close up work. I like the casual way it is performed. It leads the spectator into a shocker ending. Amazing stuff...
    Could you do it with out the jacket? :)
    Sam
    My New Site ¦-CoMInG SoON-¦

Quote Originally Posted by Samagik
    I like it.. i dont smoke and have no intention of starting but if i did this would be one i would use. I could see this being useful in some of my close up work. I like the casual way it is performed. It leads the spectator into a shocker ending. Amazing stuff...
    Could you do it with out the jacket? :)
    Sam
    Yeah I do 2 varitions (your seeing only one variation however). My other method which looks pretty much the same, I can do without a jacket however it doesn't end as clean.
    Steve Eilers
    Grand Rapids, MI

BANNED
    thats a great vanish!!! but isnt there a coin effect called "melt"? maybe call it something else.

That is a good one, yeah.
    And you learn it by yourself, you saw someone performed the same thing or what, how did you learn it? ( i dont ask for exposure)
    The Michael Jordan of magic

Quote Originally Posted by novice
    That is a good one, yeah.
    And you learn it by yourself, you saw someone performed the same thing or what, how did you learn it? ( i dont ask for exposure)
    Yes I learned it myself. No book. No DVD. No nothing. Just experiementation and a fun utility device. I haven't seen anyone else do the trick but there is a number of ways it can be done..
    Steve Eilers
    Grand Rapids, MI

really strong effect .... two thumbs up!

That was great. I am a smoker, and that would be a great trick to put in my routine. But where would I learn it? I know you said you figured it out on your own, but is there a book, or video that teaches it?
    ~I am the Ringmaster in the Dark Carnival~

wow that doesnt look like the vernet pull "wink wink" lol very niceley done even if i do know how it was done

SleepingJag's Avatar :: Elite
    :: Balloonatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cain77
    That was great. I am a smoker, and that would be a great trick to put in my routine. But where would I learn it? I know you said you figured it out on your own, but is there a book, or video that teaches it?
    The Encyclopedia of Cigarette Magic has some great tricks for cigarette magic. But it is a hard read and will take time to go thru the material. It was written in 1937 by Keith Clark. Some of the material will have to be changed to fit the times now. But a ton of information in there.

Also there is some stuff in Tarbell’s series and other sources.

Eilers - I mentioned to you the first time that you posted your unlit version that it was good and it still is. Have you street tested it yet… you know lit a cigarette in the mall and when Security stops you… you just make it disappear. (Sorry I am easy to entertain).
    Last edited by SleepingJag; 08-04-2005 at 06:59 PM. Reason: to Credit Author of book
    For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.