The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst ... 1 2
+ Reply to Thread
    kikosi
    dragonwizard:
    Thank you for the comment. Actually, when you "throw" the cards to the other players, you are not throwing in the same direction. Usually you go in a circle, and when you finish with the last player and is ready to deal to yourself, you have a better rhythm. It seems the same, but when you actually do it, you notice that. So the small "pause" before the bottom deal is because I am tilting the deck so you can see the bottom deal (this isn't performance - it's to ensure that people understand this is bottom dealing) and also because of the throwing-card-in-one-direction thing.

Looked good, and the pause I don't think gave it away (like you said, if you were dealing around a table then each card dealt wouldn't quite be at the same tempo), but the sound did. My bottoms sound like that too, so unfortunately I can't give any tips on how to overcome that... One thing I've tried is pressing down on the regular deals so that the tops make more noise, so that the big "SCHLOCK" sound doesn't tip anything off. Not the best solution though, I'd personally like to just be able to deal bottoms quietly!

HB

Yes, with the bottom deal just automatically move the card downward when you deal and the sound will go away. You can apply this to only the bottom deals so neither your regular or bottom deals make any suspicious noises.
    I really liked how you slid the card out to bottom deal... that's crazy.

-Elijah

This makes more sense now, thanks for clearing that up. Perhaps you could send us a Video dealing around the table, but i'm sure that would be hard to do with the camera though. A little tip with the sound, what helps me is by pulling out more straight or even downwards a little when i bottom deal, as most the sound is coming from the side of the bottom card being drug up the side of the deck. (At least for me it was). Maybe this will help. Keep it up, man!
    A good illusionist strives to decieve the mind AND the eye...

kikosi
    beachhunt:
    Thank you. I'd noticed about the noise a long time ago, but never really minded about it. When you deal out the cards, you "throw" the cards to the other player, but when you deal the cards to youself, you drop it in front of you. So even if you are regularly dealing, the cards dealt to other people and cards dealt to youself will make a different noise. So I found that people did not care about it so much. But yes, I'd love to have a soundless bottom deal too.

Elijah:
    Thanks for the advice! I'll try that. But I've been used to this method for so long it's going to take a while : )

dragonwizard:
    I'm planning to get a actual digital videocamera. This one is a "video" option on my digital camera, so the graphics aren't that good. When I get that, I will take the bottom deal "around the table".
    I see. I'll try to work on sliding the card out perfectly from the side of the deck. But then the people at the table would notice the "depth" of the cards being bottom-dealt. But I think I can cover that with the card that slides over on the top. Thank you for the advice!

---

I am currently working on bottom dealing to other players, not just myself. I have to be able to "throw" the bottom-dealt cards to the other people, and is almost completely different than a regular bottom deal. I'll try to get a video of that when it's completed.

Excelent. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait for the next Video.
    A good illusionist strives to decieve the mind AND the eye...

Good. Your moves were fast and smooth. But you also have to know how to do it slow and casual. 4 out of 5.
    ♣♥♦♠_.:V-ذ:._♠♦♥♣
    fill in the blanks