The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
Page 1 of 2
1 2 ... LastLast
+ Reply to Thread
    kikosi

Expert at the Card Table- Bottom Deal

Not exactly a "magic trick" but a quick bottom dealing show.

Close-up Shot CLICK HERE
    Full View CLICK HERE

The deck is tilted when the bottoms are dealt so you can see how I pull the bottom cards out. The video may be a bit dark, but I think you can cope with it.
    Last edited by kikosi; 07-30-2005 at 06:50 PM.

Theres no video

kikosi
    It should be fixed now.
    Last edited by kikosi; 07-30-2005 at 12:40 AM.

Nice, man.
    I bottom deal as well. I do it decently.. that was nice though.
    Better than me!

-Elijah

That was pretty sick ill try to do a bottom deal from what I saw in the video because i think I know how it done

kikosi
    Elijah:
    Thanks!

EastSideSk8:
    It's pretty much what the name suggests. Dealing from the bottom. Takes a bit of practice, but not too much. Good luck!

Where can you learn that at or what video has it?

magicman116
    Perform your magic as if it were real magic.

You can pick up bottom dealing in a lot of different places. As far as book format, I'd suggest you check out Marlo's Revolutionary Card Technique. Despite the $50 dollar price tag, that book contains a wealth of knowledge on cards, and will teach you more than you want to know.
    "A time to scream, a time for silence
    A time for truth against the lie
    A time for faith, a time for science
    There's a time for us to shine"

Tempest's Avatar :: Elite
    :: Prophet
    :: Creator, KAOS

That's a pretty fast bottom deal, good job.

Although I would like to see it in a larger area rather than a close-up shot. Any chance you could get a close up mat and do it on a table? Maybe with a larger view? : )

--Tempest
    twitter @sean_emory

kikosi
    I got the full-view version. Enjoy!

Thank you! Very cool. I like it. How long did it take you to get your bottom deal smooth?

I sometimes get two cards accidentally. I'd like to see a second deal as well.

--Tempest
    twitter @sean_emory

kikosi
    How long?
    Hm...2 weeks or so? A half-hour practice each day.
    But it means I started to employ it at card tables after 2 weeks of practice, I've been doing it for 3 years now.

Second Deal.... I have to take a video of that one. Don't have it on me. If you can hold on, I'll be going to Japan from August 1st to the 19th, so when I come back, I'll get it taped.
    Do you want a push-off, shutter, or strike second deal?

All three would be nice!

I'm a fan of gambling sleights, although I'm not that good at them. But I try. I would liek to see the push-off though. I find that one to be easier. : )

--Tempest
    twitter @sean_emory

kikosi
    Tempest:
    Ok. I'll try to get all of them. And also, I understand that it all differs for people, but the strike second deal is the easiest to perform. I don't even know if there is such thing as "exposure" for a simple move like the second deal, but if this is exposure, please tell me:
    The strike second deal only requires you to push-off, or move only one card. The push-off, on the other hand, requires you to push-off two cards like a get-ready for some double lifts. Therefore, the strike method is theoretically the easiest second deal to perform. Of course, if you never had any idea that a strike method existed, and only practiced the push-off, I can understand. But given these two options, the strike method is the easiest.
    ----
    I like to perform the push-off second deal, since it lets you take the cards out from the side more-so than the front of the deck like a strike second deal. Same with bottom deals. Richard Turner's bottom deal is very well executed, but a lot of his deals looks like he's taking the cards from the front, or the top-right hand corner. This is like telling the other people at the table, "I'm bottom dealing!". Remember, the most important thing about gambling moves is "uniformity of action".
    Last edited by kikosi; 07-30-2005 at 11:21 PM.

This isn't bad, but it needs work. You pause before each bottom deal, and that's a dead give away. Try either bottom dealing faster, or slowing down sloeghtly so that your bottom deal looks i dentical (identical is key in gambling slieghts) to your normal deal. Very nice other than that.
    A good illusionist strives to decieve the mind AND the eye...