The Ellusionist Forums are no longer active. Join us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst ... 1 2 3
+ Reply to Thread
    I mean this is in the most dry humor possible, but people who know all this information about playing cards kind of scare me....

No they really do, they freak me out.
    "My father was a magician, he'd walk down the street and turn into a pub." -Gazzo

Quote Originally Posted by tian_ci View Post
    I mean this is in the most dry humor possible, but people who know all this information about playing cards kind of scare me....

No they really do, they freak me out.
    Well, some people can quote you the stats of their favorite baseball/football/basketball player for the past five years. Other people can tell you what the horsepower output and engine compression ratio is for several different exotic sports cars. Do these people scare you too?

I collect playing cards. In addition to playing poker with them, I like to do magic tricks and flourish with them too. Because of this, I want to know as much as possible about cards. And if others have questions, I am more than willing to try to be as helpful as I can.

As for the Cel-U-Tone finish, this is what the Congress playing card manufacturer calls the finish on all their playing cards. If you have a Congress deck of cards, it'll have the Cel-U-Tone finish. Personally, I don't like Congress playing cards that much. The Cel-U-Tone finish gets clumpy really easily, even when the cards are fresh out of the box sometimes.

That's very interesting. I knew the names, and how they feel, but I didn't know what they mean.

I dug this thread out, just because someone was actually talking about this earlier on the forum. I don't remember which thread, but anyway...Hope this helps.

I hope you guys don't mind me just jumping back into action on the forums...I am kinda' "new" all over again, haha...Anyway, cheers.
    Gypsymoonband.com *D. Ross aka DangerD* Drummer for Gypsy Moon Band 2009

Joe Hadsall's Avatar :: Content developer
    :: Social network sharp
    :: Xtreme Keyboard Manipulator

Don't mind at all. Welcome back! Where ya been?
    “What’s the point of that, I wonder? I mean, I get how they did it. I just ain’t seeing the why.”
    ~Malcolm Reynolds

Can I get some definition on the UV-500 Air Flow finish? I'm really curious what it does.
    It's magic, not miracles. - Danny Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Filipe Silva View Post
    Can I get some definition on the UV-500 Air Flow finish? I'm really curious what it does.
    Well, I think it is there "secret" in this matter...BUT, I am guessing that they are using UV-500 Gel (kind of like an acryllic, or epoxie material) If you took a playing card, and applied this gel, then dried it in a UV-500 Air Flow lamp (dries the material, and then cools it with even flows of air) It would give the product a gloss, non-stick glow...This is just my assumption though, from knowledge of basic UV equipment, so don't quote me on this.

***To Joe***
    Just been really busy travling. Started my tour with Princess Cruises in Australia (Brisbane) Then went on to New Zealand, Fiji, Europe, Hawaii, , (4 month contract) and finally back home...I leave again on October 18th for another 5 month contract. But I will keep up with the forums now that internet is really cheap on the ships.
    Last edited by DangerD205; 09-27-2009 at 03:46 PM.
    Gypsymoonband.com *D. Ross aka DangerD* Drummer for Gypsy Moon Band 2009